Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, eblair said:

lol all true apart from i see a rogue name there, the greatest player in our club's history............ 

Even Jamie had a dodgy spell , but sensibly packed it in and became world class.

Benefited by the occasional breather recently and as a young lad it was needed.

Been accused on here and other forums in the past as not being an intelligent player. I've watched him at all his loans and throughout the academy and its obviously far from being true. His Dad who played in a similar fashion has passed all on and nurtured him.

Still gets shoved out too high and too wide IMO when Chilwell hogs the left with less affect, at his most potent cutting in.

Fuchs and JJ allow him to do what he does best

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I still don't think he has that sheer arrogance to pitch up for a vulgar England side in the Euros and make an impact but there are very few English wingers having a 2020 like him. He is progressing really well and I've little doubt he is going to be international class. I hope Party Gareth takes a chance on him but feel it'll be Grealish who will get the nod.

I can see Grealish going instead of Maddison but if Barnes keeps up this sort of form then there's no reason why he can't be on the plane also.  Bar the obvious picks like Sterling and Sancho there are really no other English, natural wide players pulling up trees at the moment.

I know what you mean about the arrogant, ruthless streak though, he comes across as too nice a lad at the moment if that makes sense.  That will come though.

Edited by henrik_62

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Compounds the abject lack of development from Gray over the last few years. 

Next season will be absolutely huge for him. 

For Gray or Barnes?

If Gray I get the feeling Leicester fans have been saying this about him for years now.  Harsh truth is he's nowhere near good enough for where you are now let alone where you want to get to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

For Gray or Barnes?

If Gray I get the feeling Leicester fans have been saying this about him for years now.  Harsh truth is he's nowhere near good enough for where you are now let alone where you want to get to.

Barnes sorry. Gray is finished here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

I can see Grealish going instead of Maddison but if Barnes keeps up this sort of form then there's no reason why he can't be on the plane also.  Bar the obvious picks like Sterling and Sancho there are really no other English, natural wide players pulling up trees at the moment.

I know what you mean about the arrogant, ruthless streak though, he comes across as too nice a lad at the moment if that makes sense.  That will come though.

I just don't think Grealish will be seen as a " central midfielder " like Maddison is so Grealish will go as a wide forward with Sancho, Sterling and probably Rashford if he is fit in time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Benefited by the occasional breather recently and as a young lad it was needed.

Been accused on here and other forums in the past as not being an intelligent player. I've watched him at all his loans and throughout the academy and its obviously far from being true. His Dad who played in a similar fashion has passed all on and nurtured him.

Still gets shoved out too high and too wide IMO when Chilwell hogs the left with less affect, at his most potent cutting in.

Fuchs and JJ allow him to do what he does best

Ha ha Paul played nothing like him. Never had that sort of pace. But if i know him he will take that comment. His Dad has hardly nurtured him hes left it to all his coaches over the years and never got involved in his development.  

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Ha ha Paul played nothing like him. Never had that sort of pace. But if i know him he will take that comment. His Dad has hardly nurtured him hes left it to all his coaches over the years and never got involved in his development.  

Ha Ha  I stand by your better judgement. You obviously know your stuff 

I on the other hand have my eyes and ears up my bottom.

Not unreasonable to point out that a professional footballer paying fatherly interest (nurturing) in his sons career will prepare him better

Nurture -

-help or encourage the development of.

- care for and protect (someone or something) while they are growing.

-to help a plan or a person to develop and be successful:

44 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Only 7 players who aren't strikers have at least 6 goals and 6 assists this season:

De Bruyne (8 goals, 16 assists)

Mahrez (7,8)

Mane (14,7)

Son (9,7)

Grealish (7,6)

Salah (16,6)

Barnes (6,6)

He's in some great company there and he's added the majority of those stats in the last three months which indicates he's finally finding his feet and on an upward trajectory. 

Great stat and when you consider it’s his first full season in the PL it shows what a talent he is. Gonna be a star. X 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Only 7 players who aren't strikers have at least 6 goals and 6 assists this season:

Mahrez (7,8)

Mane (14,7)

Son (9,7)

Grealish (7,6)

Salah (16,6)

Barnes (6,6)

He's in some great company there and he's added the majority of those stats in the last three months which indicates he's finally finding his feet and on an upward trajectory. 

I'd argue that Mane and Salah are strikers really by the definition implied by the fact. 

The way Liverpool play is clearly set up to get those two in to goal scoring positions, they're the main goal threat of their side, playing advanced of a false nine really. 

Also, that De Bruyne state is ****ing insane when you consider he's missed a fair bit of football too. 

Edited by Finnegan
No
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Great stat and when you consider it’s his first full season in the PL it shows what a talent he is. Gonna be a star. X 

5 goals and 1 assist in his last 7 league games is fantastic especially when you consider we haven't been rolling teams in that period like we were in the first few months of the season. Barnes has stepped up when the rest of the team have been off the boil. 

When you also think of the times especially in the first half of the season that he was getting plenty of shots off and flashed many a dangerous ball across the six yard box that never got put away. His recent stats could now be a bit of good variance or mean reversion. 

All the evidence is there that he is a genuine 20 goal contribution a season man in a combination of goals and assists. He a threat no doubt about it and contributes clear goal scoring opportunities almost every game which can only be said about a handful of players in this league. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Mahrez (7,8)

Mane (14,7)

Son (9,7)

Grealish (7,6)

Salah (16,6)

Barnes (6,6)

I mean that’s almost elite level there. You can see the big gulf between the top dogs like Salah / KDB / Mane and the rest but he’s not far off Mahrez! And he and Grealish are in the top 10 goal contributing forwards in the country. That’s extremely impressive for someone who 16 months ago was playing for WBA in the Championship. 

• Like 1