Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Where's the twat that was slating him calling  him average and pretty much saying he'd allude to nothing earlier in the season despite having good performances and clearly having promise? 

Or do his goals not count yesterday lol

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Only 7 players who aren't strikers have at least 6 goals and 6 assists this season:

De Bruyne (8 goals, 16 assists)

Mahrez (7,8)

Mane (14,7)

Son (9,7)

Grealish (7,6)

Salah (16,6)

Barnes (6,6)

He's in some great company there and he's added the majority of those stats in the last three months which indicates he's finally finding his feet and on an upward trajectory. 

Really looking forward to him climbing up that ranking.

I’m going to lick his arsehole. When he plays like that he is supreme. None of this pissing around, with step overs flip flaps and orang-utan testicle flick, he gets his head down, pegs it and causes defenders all kinds of problems. He is such a strong runner too, skips challenges like no tomorrow. 

If he can really get his finishing nailed he could be incredible, I’d take a player with his running power over someone who stands there doing stopovers and flicks.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m going to lick his arsehole. When he plays like that he is supreme. None of this pissing around, with step overs flip flaps and orang-utan testicle flick, he gets his head down, pegs it and causes defenders all kinds of problems. He is such a strong runner too, skips challenges like no tomorrow. 

If he can really get his finishing nailed he could be incredible, I’d take a player with his running power over someone who stands there doing stopovers and flicks.  

Totally this, there’s a huge lack of direct wingers. Pace is a skill that can’t be matched if an opposition player doesn’t have it. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Totally this, there’s a huge lack of direct wingers. Pace is a skill that can’t be matched if an opposition player doesn’t have it. 

Absolutely, when he is like that he must be so hard to Mark. He was amazing last night, absolutely amazing. Pace and power can take you further than flicks and tricks.

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Did you lose a bet or is it one of your hobbies ?

• Haha 2

So chuffed for him.

He looked so dangerous last night (obviously helped by the fact Guilbert is an abysmal footballer).

7 goals and 6 assists this season. Fabulous return. Hope he can get those numbers to ten a piece by the end of the season. They're Mahrez numbers and will surely put him in the England team.

It's so good to see how he's progressed. Been ages since i've seen a player come on like this in such a small amount of time. Probably not since Vardy towards the end of the great escape season. Every game he plays he seems to look more dangerous than the last. His touch and composure is just getting better and better, if he can continue adding that to his superb physicality then it won't be long until he's looked at as being one of the best wingers in the country.

SO pleased he's ours.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Only 7 players who aren't strikers have at least 6 goals and 6 assists this season:

De Bruyne (8 goals, 16 assists)

Mahrez (7,8)

Mane (14,7)

Son (9,7)

Grealish (7,6)

Salah (16,6)

Barnes (6,6)

He's in some great company there and he's added the majority of those stats in the last three months which indicates he's finally finding his feet and on an upward trajectory. 

I would definitely argue that Mane and Salah are strikers. Son too.

So glad he is finally finding the end product and proving why Brendan has stuck with him all season long. 

I also cannot wait for summer to come round and so we can watch the media try to claim that Barnes is a lifelong Arsenal fan who has always dreamed of playing under Mikel Arteta. :facepalm: 

Have to say before Christmas I was worried he wouldn’t make it here. He seemed to be low on confidence. But the last couple of months he is playing superb I was to quick to judge. Barnes is gonna be a top player for club and country. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Absolutely, when he is like that he must be so hard to Mark. He was amazing last night, absolutely amazing. Pace and power can take you further than flicks and tricks.

Absolutey disagree.

There's always ways to nullify a speed merchant, the easiest being defending deep, which effectively takes them out of the game.

The ability to take on your defender is what separates average/good wingers from the great ones. You'd have to double up on them which frees space for the other forwards.

The last thing I'd want to see is Barnes becoming a one trick pony and relying only on pace to get past his opponent. Not to mention that speed will only last so long.

Edited by That_Dude

44 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Why’s there (was there :fc:) beef with him and Chilwell? Come on, someone come out with it. We could integrate it into a chant.

Im guessing Harvey is a pretty grounded down to earth lad and Chilly seems to be a playboy wanna be.. Maybe they clash.

• Like 1

jaylcfc94's post history: signs ups, sees tom12345 claim Barnes didn't play so badly (but Chilwell did), then spends the rest of his posts attacking Barnes, taking a small time out to defend Maddision. He's moved on Praet now (I'm secretly not a huge fan either but he's done well).

Edited by Foxxed
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Exceptional young player.

I’d take him to the Euro’s. 
He is so dynamic and so little is known about him relative to Rashford etc

I think he’d spring many a surprise in the summer.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Rashford is the future he is the best player in his position in Europe!

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Is there no Levi Store in Leicester?

Yeah my 59 year old dad loves it 

I actually really like Levi’s I’m doing myself over here lol 

Edited by Manini

5 hours ago, les-tah said:

Im guessing Harvey is a pretty grounded down to earth lad and Chilly seems to be a playboy wanna be.. Maybe they clash.

I don't think stuff like that seperates a team. You only have to listen to Roy Keane talk, he says time and time again he didn't like some of his teammates but when they played it was for the team.

People too quick to jump to "he doesn't like him" or "this happened".