Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think stuff like that seperates a team. You only have to listen to Roy Keane talk, he says time and time again he didn't like some of his teammates but when they played it was for the team.

People too quick to jump to "he doesn't like him" or "this happened".

Whats your guess then :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Why’s there (was there :fc:) beef with him and Chilwell? Come on, someone come out with it. We could integrate it into a chant.

I've always figured it's over a girl(s). Makes sense if they grew up together and ran in similar circles. This idle gossip topic is a favorite of foxestalk. 

1 hour ago, knitro said:

I've always figured it's over a girl(s). Makes sense if they grew up together and ran in similar circles. This idle gossip topic is a favorite of foxestalk. 

Chilwell grew up in Milton Keynes.

Poor old Chilwell - he's even getting stick on the Barnes thread. 

Meanwhile... Barnes played well last match didn't he? Probably helped we were against a fairly poor team.

Edited by trabuch

14 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Poor old Chilwell - he's even getting stick on the Barnes thread. 

Meanwhile... Barnes played well last match didn't he? Probably helped we were against a fairly poor team.

Justified wearing clobber like that mind.

3 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Please just leave this young lad alone. What's wrong with you all

Bullying and nothing better to do with their time! People dont learn the impact their words can have. I'll always defend Ben as the slating he gets is so wrong and too much. No-one deserves that. Thank you also for stepping in. Maybe they are jealous of a young millionaire! 😉

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Like most of us, I want Barnes to fulfill his undoubted potential but he needs to work harder or get better coaching to improve his end product and first touch. Seems to get anxious, I thought that might be different with no crowd but he has been woeful since the return.

I really think he has some amazing attributesites, almost Bale like when he gets going but he's going nowhere until he improves in final third. 

I fail to see why he rarely gets tried on the right, get him to run at the full back and can use his stronger foot to shoot or cross. Even more so with Ricardo out, Albrighton better on the left also. 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ginger Jeff Schlupp at times. Frustrating as it always looks a confidence thing 

Agree. 

The lad has everything, the fact he manages to create chance after chance is no fluke just a huge shame he has the composure of Waghorn when it matters. 

Just now, berniethebolt said:

Agree. 

The lad has everything, the fact he manages to create chance after chance is no fluke just a huge shame he has the composure of Waghorn when it matters. 

He is showing exactly what you are saying unfortunately. 

I would say look at Traore at Wolves, he created chances and often final pass was woeful. Barnes with a bit of time will be very good for us. Issue is will he get the time as we need results now. 

1 minute ago, escape2victory said:

Having a good first touch should be a given at this level and the level we aspire to get too. There isn’t room for sentiment. Championship/lower Prem is his level and no doubt he will have a decent pro career. Isn’t a ‘top 6’ player in a million years. Think it’s telling that the big boys are always looking at our best players....never a rumour about Barnes being linked to a top team...the reason ? Poor first touch and decision making...just not good enough for the elite level

Far too early to write him off, he has all the potential and he causes more problems than pèrez or grey, think to call him a top half championship player is a bit silly, if he was a top half championship player who was performing like he was last year for West brom we'd all be screaming sign him up to sort out our woeful wingers. Lad just needs a bit of time, all the ingredients are there, the cake just needs to bake before it's ready. 

• Like 1

Never known a player go so anonymous at times, forget he is playing sometimes. 

Started well today and then disappeared second half. I think he is better than Gray although he is in danger of becoming a similar sort of player. 

He needs to continually work on his finishing and striking the ball tho.....he could easily be on 15+ goals this season if it wasn't for the chances he misses

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Far too early to write him off, he has all the potential and he causes more problems than pèrez or grey, think to call him a top half championship player is a bit silly, if he was a top half championship player who was performing like he was last year for West brom we'd all be screaming sign him up to sort out our woeful wingers. Lad just needs a bit of time, all the ingredients are there, the cake just needs to bake before it's ready. 

All the ‘ingredients’ aren’t there...he hasn’t got a good first touch, constantly makes the wrong decision, is a poor finisher, doesn’t work hard defensively......of course, this is just my opinion and I hope he proves me wrong !

• Thanks 1