Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Exactly. Not doubting he hasn't been great since the restart and he's prone to a complete rush of blood to the head but he's the one player in the team who always looks like making something happen (when he's positive!).

He's in a luxurious position for a young player in that he basically just needs to refine a few things rather than learn new skills. Does that and he'll be some player.

He’s had such a yo-yo season, but he made an instant impact when he came on today, quality!

Some may not agree but I honestly wouldn’t start him atm, today proved that he is far better as an impact sub right now.

In this current climate where fitness isn’t 100%, send him on at around 60-70 minutes and get him running and pressuring defences. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

He’s had such a yo-yo season, but he made an instant impact when he came on today, quality!

Some may not agree but I honestly wouldn’t start him atm, today proved that he is far better as an impact sub right now.

In this current climate where fitness isn’t 100%, send him on at around 60-70 minutes and get him running and pressuring defences. 

I almost agree. I love the way some games unfold and he comes in fresh with 20-25 to go and is a fcukin nuisance. Probably when he's at his most dangerous, that said when you haven't got the options its hard to leave him out.

I think we need to go 3-4-1-2 though for a run of games and that means he is the perfect sub on 60 mins for either a striker or the number 10 and he can have a huge impact. 

I think, similar to Perez, that he is not really a winger. As has been said he is better in a free role, however we can't play everyone in that role.

He really frustrates me as you can see the ability that he has, but he disappears out of the game on too many occasions. Needs to get more consistent.

56 minutes ago, Walkers said:

This forum is hilarious. Players change from being absolute shite to the next Gareth Bale game by game

The thing is that's an accurate description of Harvey Barnes! I'd say him with maybe Tielemans are the most inconsistent.

- Sometimes you think "fook me how on earth did Leicester end up with players like this!" :scarf:

- But sometimes you think "fook me how on earth did Leicester end up with players like this?" :facepalm:

• Haha 1

No coincidence he Looked good with fuchs left back and also in the free role/number 10. Isn’t this where he played for the academy when breaking through? I remember him coming on Cm against Porto for debut? Is this his best position? 

• Like 2

Good cameo yesterday. Personally, think that overall he has been awful since restart, but maybe he’s very much a confidence player 🤷‍♂️ Either way, having him back close to his best for the run-in, with what may be a depleted squad, would be a fabulous boost. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Good cameo yesterday. Personally, think that overall he has been awful since restart, but maybe he’s very much a confidence player 🤷‍♂️ Either way, having him back close to his best for the run-in, with what may be a depleted squad, would be a fabulous boost. 

Looks good through the middle - like Pérez, Nacho and Vardy...

Needed dropping though - pleased he got two assists.

Great talent but needs to work on his first touch. 

• Like 2

Agree re central. At a time when, without Ricky and Madders, we are woefully short of creativity, it seems a tactic worth trying to me. He’s more combative than Perez - my son’s rabbit is more combative than Perez - and has that x-factor of unpredictability. 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Rotate him in the no.10 role or even as a striker. I’ve said it since he’s been playing for us his future isn’t on the wing.

He can definitely be more destructive playing centrally. He gets too isolated playing on the wing, especially on the left side, I understand the cutting in, but he shoots too much with his weaker foot.

• Like 1

From one extreme to the other sadly. He's slightly Drinkwateresque in that regard in that when he plays well he runs the show but if he plays poorly he ends up being so bad he's a real detriment to the team. You could argue that he was put back out wide again tonight (I would def have hooked Perez for him at ht tbh) but it doesn't excuse his consistently abysmal first touch when he came on. Next year will be massive for him to prove if he's a long term top half prem forward.