Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

45 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Barnes is great, but I think his big issue right now is he isn't the kind of winger that can bring a striker into a game, he's the kind of winger that needs a striker to bring him into the game. If he was playing for Wolves I think he would be having a much better season.

Thats our biggest problem...All our individual  players would have a better season,playing for Wolves or Another team...At present they just cant bring it

together In a Leicester shirt for the Last Part of this season...

we foxes fans are cursed...We should all agree to Split up,and become A.Villa,Forest,Derby,or Wolves fans...:celebrate:

Edited by fuchsntf

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats our biggest problem...All our individual  players would have a better season,playing for Wolves or Another team...At present they just cant bring it

together In a Leicester shirt for the Last Part of this season...

we foxes fans are cursed...We should all agree to Split up,and become A.Villa,Forest,Derby,or Wolves fans...:celebrate:

Lol. I just meant Jimenez would be better for Barnes than Vardy is. Barnes has managed to get quite a few assists for Vardy and played him in nicely several times but a forward that could pass back to him as he cuts inside would unlock more of his ability I feel.

• Like 1

I think he's got potential but he looks way behind someone like Todd Cantwell who's younger than him in his development. And I cant see Cantwell ever becoming more than a  good mid-table winger who'll get 2 or 3 England caps a la Leon Osman or Andros Townsend or someone.

I think Barnes could become a mid-table Premier League winger but he's missing too many attributes to push on from there.

Edited by Sampson

Barnes, can be a key player when at his best, can drive a game.  But he does seem to have a lot of games as well where you forget he is on the pitch.  But because of his capability he should be a player we prioritise for giving the ball to.  When he gets it, he needs that drive to beat his man, he had that earlier in the season but now seems to play a safe pass more often.

I love Barnes but it's fairly clear to see his first touch is his real weakness. I know some of his finishing has been poor in the last year or so but he's proven at all other levels that actually his finishing is pretty impressive. The step up to the Prem gives players less time on the ball and I think he's suffered a lack of composure and confidence at times but that will improve. He really needs to work on his first touch and awareness, they are the two things that i'm worried could continue to expose him but that said I still think he is destined to be an above average player at this level without much improvement. I am desperate for him to kick on and be a superstar though and that's where the progression is still needed. His first touch yesterday was grotesque.

Just now, Blue and white said:

I think he'll thrive next season once Chilwell has moved on.

They certainly don't seem to be in sync together. I know Villa were garbage when we beat them 4-0 before the pandemic suspended football but he was scintillating with Justin behind him. Both worked in unison either overlapping or one cutting inside and drawing the opposition out but with Chilwell they both seem to struggle.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

They certainly don't seem to be in sync together. I know Villa were garbage when we beat them 4-0 before the pandemic suspended football but he was scintillating with Justin behind him. Both worked in unison either overlapping or one cutting inside and drawing the opposition out but with Chilwell they both seem to struggle.

I've said it a few times already but this makes it even more bizarre that we aren't trying him from the right, with Justin.

Harsh to write him off. Sure his first touch and shooting can be poor but he still makes stuff happen, moreso than all our other players except our right back. Alternatives are Perez who is not a winger, Gray who has a good 30 minutes every season and Albrighton who seems programmed to cross, even if 1 in 1000 actually manages to get to someone.

This is still his first full Prem season in a side where the players and coaching staff are struggling for confidence and don't know what the **** they're doing. 

If Barnes really is not good enough then we need at least 3 new winger signings this Summer, minimum 100m spend.

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I've said it a few times already but this makes it even more bizarre that we aren't trying him from the right, with Justin.

Barnes is not a right midfielder, tried a few times this season and he's been pulled at half time. He's spent his whole career on the left apart from the loan at MK Don's. He may be right footed but look at Mahrez his natural position is on the right despite being left footed it's the same for Barnes on the other side.

As for Justin he also seems more comfortable on the left, can see why Luton had him there now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Barnes is not a right midfielder, tried a few times this season and he's been pulled at half time. He's spent his whole career on the left apart from the loan at MK Don's. He may be right footed but look at Mahrez his natural position is on the right despite being left footed it's the same for Barnes on the other side.

Generally I would agree, as he likes to cut in and shoot although I can't remember too many times he has been successful with that for us but there is no harm switching sides mid-game to see how it goes. Mahrez had the touch and control to get it on his favoured foot, Barnes doesn't. So many of his chances to shoot or cross fall on his left and its atrocious at times.

9 minutes ago, matty98 said:

There's nothing wrong with Barnes' first touch. It's purely down to confidence. Before the 3 month break when he had hit his stride he was quality.

Are people really so quick to forget?

I remember people saying the same things about Vardy and his first touch during his first season in the premier league. Look how that turned out.

Barnes will be a quality player for us, I have no doubt. He just needs to play with confidence and maybe even a bit of arrogance. He has all the ability. He's fast, good with both feet, can cross, shoot, dribble and link up play well.

Just give him time and support. It's his first full season in the premier league and he's racked up some very good stats.

Exactly! Strong too - good build on him.

• Haha 1

I can’t remember him miscontrolling the ball before the suspension. In fact he was our best player and the only one scoring. Perez doesn’t even get into positions where his touch could let him down, he just drifts through games until he’s  subbed.

I think confidence player is a rubbish phrase but I think Barnes is one of the clearest examples I’ve ever seen. When the whole team is abject and bereft of confidence singling out our only lively player is daft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Agree that confidence has affected him. I also thinks that he hasn't been attempting to bring the ball back when he gets into the corners and playing those triangles. Its like hes reverted to try and skip his way into the box more often and failing. It doesnt help obviously if the support players aren't around him. 

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

What's that for the season; 6 goals and 8 assists? Not bad for somebody who can't control a football...

Very good. Impact sub today in the perfect situation. That 2nd assist was perfectly timed with Vardy's run too.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very good. Impact sub today in the perfect situation. That 2nd assist was perfectly timed with Vardy's run too.

Maddison would have passed a second late or hit it too far to the left of the field allowing therefore the defender to catchup.

Barnes is quality but he just could not play with Chilwell.