Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

Just now, Frost said:

He literally cannot control a football. Quite frankly it's a bit bizarre.

Still reckon he'll come good though, just needs to settle down and gain some confidence.

Of course he'll come good, he already is good, he's got a great goalscoring and assisting record. It's just not as good as it could be if his feet weren't made out of trampolines. lol

• Like 1

His first touch needs work on, we all know that. We'll have to take the rough with the smooth until it improves, really felt he ought to have curled that long ranger when he'd only just come on in to the top bin. He did a few of them for Barnsley and West Brom and he's long overdue one for us.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His first touch needs work on, we all know that. We'll have to take the rough with the smooth until it improves, really felt he ought to have curled that long ranger when he'd only just come on in to the top bin. He did a few of them for Barnsley and West Brom and he's long overdue one for us.

...is it possible that he is cowed by the personalities in our squad!!!

Does he feel he has to feed Vardy instead of taking a touch and going himself. His exploits at WBA, is not matched by his play with us, or it may just be, he plays more centrally on loan, than staying out wide playing for us.

We need him to play centrally next season and with Maddison out at the moment he needs to be in the "free" role.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

486A05F0-E381-46A8-BDB1-CF37013FA6D0.jpeg

Personally think the number of assists flatters him, hes not been as creative as that table suggests. I do think he could become a 10-15 goal a season winger which would be incredible but i dont see him getting more than 8 assists in the future even in his peak years.

57 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Personally think the number of assists flatters him, hes not been as creative as that table suggests. I do think he could become a 10-15 goal a season winger which would be incredible but i dont see him getting more than 8 assists in the future even in his peak years.

Haha how do you come to that? Are you saying he has been fortunate that his crosses and passes have been converted more so than his shots have? The lad is a creative player and will provide goals and assists, still got a lot of improving to do mind you.

he's not a winger, and I think that stifles his game when played there as he thinks he has to stay wide, needs to be given freedom to pop up all over the place when we have the ball, same with Perez, we only have 2 proper wingers Albrighton and Gray

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he's not a winger, and I think that stifles his game when played there as he thinks he has to stay wide, needs to be given freedom to pop up all over the place when we have the ball, same with Perez, we only have 2 proper wingers Albrighton and Gray

His poor first touch shows why he is better suited either out wide or in a free role in the attack, he cannot play as a 10 or 8 right now. 

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Most of his assists come after he does all of the work, then he just lays it off to someone else. 

I don't expect him to be pinging balls around like De Bruyne, I expect him to run with the ball and slide other players in to (hopefully easy) goalscoring chances.

You don't have to be "creative" to get assists. You just need to know when to pass. He has the strength to go ride challenges, but his first touch definitely needs work.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha how do you come to that? Are you saying he has been fortunate that his crosses and passes have been converted more so than his shots have? The lad is a creative player and will provide goals and assists, still got a lot of improving to do mind you.

I probably got a bit ahead of myself saying where i think his ceiling is, you never know where players will be in a few years. Right now he doesnt strike me as a creative winger though, a good one will pick up the ball and move it around to try and create space for other attackers then pass, with barnes it feels like the option for a chance creating pass is either there for him or he passes it to someone else and gives up responsibilty.

For whatever reason he's had the touch of a Sunday League player since the league restarted.

Better coming off the bench at the moment and getting his confidence back.

Plenty of time on his side to get back to his best. When he's in full flow, an exciting prospect,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Most of his assists come after he does all of the work, then he just lays it off to someone else. 

I don't expect him to be pinging balls around like De Bruyne, I expect him to run with the ball and slide other players in to (hopefully easy) goalscoring chances.

You don't have to be "creative" to get assists. You just need to know when to pass. He has the strength to go ride challenges, but his first touch definitely needs work.

My problem with him is that he doesnt do the hard work enough, if he's going to get to the next level he needs to orchestrate attacks more. Maybe he's not able to just yet but his performance vs southampton and that one game where he played centrally and was involed heavily in the linkup for most of our attacks tells me otherwise. Knowing when to pass is very important and he's actually quite good at that but he needs to get himself into passing situations more.

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

That makes no sense lol

Not even at his peak, and he's reached 8 assists this season.

But when he reaches his peak, he won't make 8 assists?

What logic is this lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That makes no sense lol

Not even at his peak, and he's reached 8 assists this season.

But when he reaches his peak, he won't make 8 assists?

What logic is this lol 

Logic is is that he's well overperformed in terms of assists this year and this isnt a total we should expect from him. Wouldnt be surprised if he manages 4-5 assists next year with more playing time, which is also completely fine. In his peak years hopefully he will be averaging 8 or above but for now he doesnt create enough to make me think he can get these numbers consistently over multiple seasons.

9 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Logic is is that he's well overperformed in terms of assists this year and this isnt a total we should expect from him. Wouldnt be surprised if he manages 4-5 assists next year with more playing time, which is also completely fine. In his peak years hopefully he will be averaging 8 or above but for now he doesnt create enough to make me think he can get these numbers consistently over multiple seasons.

That's not the same as getting less when reaching his peak though?

You only think he's overperformed because you clearly don't rate him. I don't get how you can 'reach your peak' but still have less numbers than when you didn't reach your peak beforehand lol 

I also don't get how you can say 'he doesn't create enough' when he has the joint-5th most assists in the league.

Same as Mahrez and Salah :dunno:.

I'm in no way saying he's as good as those players but they've technically 'created' the same amount of goals as Barnes...