Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

30 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I've never understood the flak this guy gets on here at times, you only need to look at him for ten minutes to realise he has everything in his locker to be a top player.  Of course he's a bit inconsistent, but he's young and you need to put up with that as a player develops and not gnash your teeth anytime he has a quiet game or makes a poor choice in a match.  If Barnes was bringing his A game that we've seen in flashes every single week this season then he'd be close to a £100m player and Europe's biggest clubs would be circling like vultures.

Welcome to FoxesTalk, please consult the forum guidelines. :scarf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Barnes I think would be a good choice to take to the Euros. Sancho, Sterling and Kane / someone else if he's still injured will be our front three, but there's always place for an impact sub to come on in the last 15/20 minutes. Barnes compared to some of the other names mentioned here like Redmond and Hudson-Odoi is better at coming off the bench and making a difference. Realistically if he went he might only get 45 minutes total football in the whole tournament, but if he comes on and provides an assist / scores in the last ten minutes of just one game, he might still justify his place. 

So in some ways Barnes' inexperience, naivety and raw nature could end up working for him.

• Like 2

At the minute Sterling and Sancho are two of the best wide forwards in Europe and then Rashford was having his best season up until his injury. There's room for one more and Barnes is every bit as good as Hudson-Odoi who has been in a few squads. I might be missing other peripheral players and Grealish could operate wide left so it all depends on what Southgate wants in his squad. To make the Euros would require him to continue this run of goals and assists every game but it does seem he has hit a streak in 2020 so you never know.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

At the minute Sterling and Sancho are two of the best wide forwards in Europe and then Rashford was having his best season up until his injury. There's room for one more and Barnes is every bit as good as Hudson-Odoi who has been in a few squads. I might be missing other peripheral players and Grealish could operate wide left so it all depends on what Southgate wants in his squad. To make the Euros would require him to continue this run of goals and assists every game but it does seem he has hit a streak in 2020 so you never know.

I think the release of the article is good news for us as it's motivation (if it was even needed) for Barnes to give 110% every game. He's on the cusp of the national team in a tournament year with several teammates already capped. A strong end to the season and he'll probably make it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed and there's always someone who comes into a rich vein of form in the back-end of the season and ends up on the plane, why can't it be Barnes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

You all realise right the moment a player gets in the England squad he then wants to leave via tapping up?

So why would you want that?

Yeah, we’ve never been the same again since Jamie Vardy was lured away...

Unfortunately for Harvey, England are blessed with quite a few players in his position, so I'd put his chances at slim, however add finishes to the chances he gets and he'd be a shoe in.

In 2 years I'd expect he'll have a handful of caps always assuming his progress doesn't do a Demarai.

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Yeah, we’ve never been the same again since Jamie Vardy was lured away...

He had a bad season after, but what about those who left.

If you think Barnes would pick us over Manchester United, Manchester City or Liverpool I think you in the land of fairy tales.

22 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He had a bad season after, but what about those who left.

If you think Barnes would pick us over Manchester United, Manchester City or Liverpool I think you in the land of fairy tales.

you mean just Maguire then?

On 03/02/2020 at 14:17, ScouseFox said:

i have been backing this at about 500/1-1000/1 every week for over a year now. so i’ll let you know the day that i forget. cos that’s when he nails it. 

Where are you getting those odds if you don't mind me asking, I've only got 250/1 for tonight. Totally agree with you though this lad is awesome, and getting better, the way he rides tackles reminds me of Gascoigne of you're old enough to remember.

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Where are you getting those odds if you don't mind me asking, I've only got 250/1 for tonight. Totally agree with you though this lad is awesome, and getting better, the way he rides tackles reminds me of Gascoigne of you're old enough to remember.

just check oddschecker. 500s out there, even 1000/1 at william hill. has shortened a bit over the last few weeks obviously now he has remembered he is allowed to score. 

25 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

just check oddschecker. 500s out there, even 1000/1 at william hill. has shortened a bit over the last few weeks obviously now he has remembered he is allowed to score. 

Obvously various kinds of unlikely, but at the same time William Hill have Gray at 400/1

:dunno:

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51459367

Interesting article about both Chilwell and Barnes.

Nothing particularly new there, not normally one to shit on women's football (mostly because it's incredibly tedious when people do it) but the pressure and speculation of a transfer in women's football is absolutely nothing like what'd it be for say, Chilwell being linked with Chelsea. The difference in fee, pressure, column inches, expectation, profile etc are all vastly higher. 

Barnes and Chilwell haven't really linked up particularly well either, it's been a bit better recently but hardly a flourishing partnership.

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Nothing particularly new there, not normally one to shit on women's football (mostly because it's incredibly tedious when people do it) but the pressure and speculation of a transfer in women's football is absolutely nothing like what'd it be for say, Chilwell being linked with Chelsea. The difference in fee, pressure, column inches, expectation, profile etc are all vastly higher. 

Barnes and Chilwell haven't really linked up particularly well either, it's been a bit better recently but hardly a flourishing partnership.

HOW DARE YOU?!

Havent you been following the BBC's coverage of Womens football?  surely you've had enough of it forced down your throat by now to understand that its EASILY as good as mens football. 

:nigel:

9 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

HOW DARE YOU?!

Havent you been following the BBC's coverage of Womens football?  surely you've had enough of it forced down your throat by now to understand that its EASILY as good as mens football. 

:nigel:

I've watched plenty of women's football on the Beeb, and it is utter 5h1te. I'll continue watching, cos any football is better than no football, but it really is Sunday League at best. As for them expecting to be paid the same as men, you have to be joking. It's entertaining, same as Emmerdale is entertaining, but serious, passion inducing football? Never, and never will be. 

• Like 3