Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Just no...if he 25m then fine but 45m for a non international player last his prime. No.

He's not much more than a year older than Maguire. Club captain. Got a cap too. But yes, worth less than a third of Maguire's fee. 

8 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

He's not much more than a year older than Maguire. Club captain. Got a cap too. But yes, worth less than a third of Maguire's fee. 

Don't get me wrong he's not terrible. Just not £45 million by any stretch.

I'd take him at 25m-30m but Brighton are entitled to ask for what they believe their value to be.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

Our biggest trouble now is clubs know we got cash and we want a harry replacement. Any signing we make now is inflated by 10m for this reason. This in my opinion is why we shouldn't have sold so late in the window. We should have told yanited when they bid 70m. It's 80m in the next 3 days or it's all off. 

We have held out for a great price and fair play to us for that. But in terms of now securing a replacement we are wide open to having our pants pulled down. Which reminds me i need my morning dump!

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Like who? 

Are you literally saying Lewis Dunk is the be and all and end all of centre backs in Europe? Can't believe some people. We have just accepted a World recored fee for a defender, I would like to think we could possibly sign 50 Centre backs better than Lewis flaming Dunk. Off the top of my head, 

Lascelles

Ake

Christensen 

Zouma

Tah

Rugani

All better younger and probably around the same price 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walshie is God said:

Our biggest trouble now is clubs know we got cash and we want a harry replacement. Any signing we make now is inflated by 10m for this reason. This in my opinion is why we shouldn't have sold so late in the window. We should have told yanited when they bid 70m. It's 80m in the next 3 days or it's all off. 

We have held out for a great price and fair play to us for that. But in terms of now securing a replacement we are wide open to having our pants pulled down. Which reminds me i need my morning dump!

To be honest we were always going to pay over the odds for a replacement. The thing the club is doing well is looking at several targets at once. And unlike us with Harry some of these clubs actually want to sell. 

The owner/board etc at Burnley for instance would love to sell Tawkowsky  (best I could manage spelling wise!) For 40 plus million And get Cahill on a free. That's just how their club operates and exists. So if they think we are going to sign dunk or Ake they might come down a bit.

16 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

BR suggested last night in his interview with sky that deals were already in place in case this happened, so on that basis you would expect fees to have already been agreed. I know these can be changed but the selling club might have plans for the money they get from us, so you’d hope for not to much messing about. 

Edited by JJS84
  • Like 1

Just now, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Ake is not better than Dunk. We talk about signing a shorter player and then suggest Ake? No way. 

Ake is a great player imo, he is really cultured CB and his ball playing is up their don't be deceived by his height. He is a good defender imo,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walshie is God said:

That's why we should look abroad as teams still have 4 weeks left to recruit, not to mention how grotesquely overpriced PL players are.

I'd rather we either keep the money now, or buy a young up and coming player on the cheap. Soyuncu and Benkovic are good enough to cover for now and we have pascanu from the academy who can also do a job.

Every team will know what money we have and so it's not the time to buy a ready made replacement. 

Edited by shailen
Didn't finish post

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

I'd rather we either keep the money now, or buy a young up and coming player on the cheap. Soyuncu and Benkovic are good enough to cover for now and we have pascanu from the academy who can also do a job.

Every team will know what money we have and so it's not the time to buy a ready made replacement. 

I really like Pascanu but its a bit worrying he hasn't featured in pre-season, nor has Johnson & Knight only got a brief cameo. I don't think any of them are in Brendan's plans this year unfortunately :(

2 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Are you literally saying Lewis Dunk is the be and all and end all of centre backs in Europe? Can't believe some people. We have just accepted a World recored fee for a defender, I would like to think we could possibly sign 50 Centre backs better than Lewis flaming Dunk. Off the top of my head, 

Lascelles

Ake

Christensen 

Zouma

Tah

Rugani

All better younger and probably around the same price 

But you're forgetting something... 

How many days are left in the transfer window? 

.. Don't you think the Lewis Dunk deal has been discussed between the clubs and progress already made in case Maguire left?.. 

Hense why Brighton are getting Webster in?