Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm happy to make up something really vague and non committal and pass it off as inside information if you'd like?

No different to 90% of all football  forums posters then....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Surprised me but Dunk is ahead of Maguire in nearly every area... Played 5 games more mind.

Dunk.png

Defensive stats are not a reliable indicator for a top defender. In most metrics like goals, assist, key passes, chances created, etc the players high on the list are the players you expect to be. This isn't the case for defenders as you would expect someone like Dunk who was in a defensive Brighton team.

Out of the teams that stayed up they scored the least amount of goals by far. The next worse Newcastle scored 7 more and then the next worse after that was Burnley and Southampton with 10 more. 

There are a lot of red flags for Dunk at that price. Big strong CB's can look like stars in very defensive compact teams and his age also goes against him @Ric Flair alluded to the fact that very few players have a breakout season at 28. 

I still believe we've encouraged this rumour and price to justify our demands for Maguire and would be sickened to see us blow £45m on Dunk. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Rob Dorsett saying on SSN that we aren't in the market for a central defender. Tarkowski and Dunk perceived poor value for money.  There will be no Maguire replacement if he does leave.

That would be a very sensible decision imo if true.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Rob Dorsett saying on SSN that we aren't in the market for a central defender. Tarkowski and Dunk perceived poor value for money.  There will be no Maguire replacement if he does leave.

:scarf:

As many others have said in this thread, one of the reasons why we are in such a strong position as a club is that we've taken chances on upcoming players. When we signed Harry Maguire, many people questioned the purchase of a centre back for a team that had just been relegated, and now he might conceivably become the most expensive defender in the world!

We signed two defenders last year, so give them a chance. If they aren't good enough after that, then get someone else in. Who knows they might even end up being better than what we already have!

• Like 3

I do hope the club have pushed that message out to strengthen its negotiating position rather than them seriously not considering replacing Maguire.

A massive risk if they are serious about top 6 this year - I fear that if it doesn't work out, not only are we going to be charged an even bigger premium for a CB in January/next summer, but we're also going to have blown our best chance at breaking the top 6 we might ever get.

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

My nephews 11 year old boys best mate washes one of the groundstaffs second cousins cars on a saturday morning for a bit of pocket money and he says that its rubbish and that when Top stopped off round there for a quick cuppa the other day he said that we will sell Maguire so that we can bring in Ronaldo to play on the wing.

Does that make me a real life genuine ITK?  I can make up as much of this sort of BS as you like. Ultimately we should trust in Top, BR and Rudkin to do their jobs and whatever they think is right for the short and longer term ambitions of the club both on and off the field.

You're in the club, welcome.