Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

19 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Dunk looks good because Brighton played with 9 players behind the ball, much easier to head the ball away with a packed defence, while we are playing open football , where Dunk might find it hard if the opposition hits us on the break. 

I see a lot of comparisons with Michael Keane, who was very good at Burnley but when he joined Everton he struggled and often looked clueless and lost the ball. It took over a season for him to find his feet and adjust to Evertons style of play. 

Having said that Dunk looks more composed a figure and if we get him for £20m to£25m he may turn out good for us

Edited by Crispin LA

37 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Ideal would be for Evans to play most if not all the Premier League games, alongside Soyuncu or Benkovic, and then trying Soyuncu and Benkovic pairing in some cup games to start building that relationship between them both. They have the potential to be our starting CB pairing in 2-3 seasons. 

I'm also very curious to see if BR does indeed try Amartey as a CB and we see him in some cup games there. Wouldn't surprise me that much if he did well also. 

I said essentially the same thing just now to my dad, is that you pops?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Well Rodgers is seemingly very impressed with what he's seen of Soyuncu this summer and if that report is true so much so that he's prepared to forego signing another CB.

The injury prone thing with Benkovic is a myth, he played circa 30 games for us last season, ok he picked up a couple of injuries but that doesn't make him injury prone, thats hyperbole.

I keep going back to it but VVD had played for a mediocre Gronigen side, a regular there for one season and then in Scotland, Wanyama was only ever a regular in Scotland, Andy Robertson went from Dundee Utd to the Hull first team in the EPL.  You can't not give players a chance simply because of the league they played in, they've clearly shown enough to be signed in the first place and why sign them at all if they aren't going to be given the chance.

May end up with egg on my face but having seen lots of both I'm happy to hang my hat on the fact that Benkovic is already a better player than Dunk, regardless of what level he's playing at, sometimes players come along and it's obvious they're that good they'll cope at virtually any level, VVD was one and Benkovic is in the same mould based on my viewing.

That's it! You get these sensible and logical comments out of here! I WANT MY CLUB TO TANK MONEY!!! lol

I'm hoping we give Benkovic and Soyuncu a go, Soyuncu probably needed a season to adapt to life

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

I see a lot of comparisons with Michael Keane, who was very good at Burnley but when he joined Everton he struggled and often looked clueless and lost the ball. It took over a season for him to find his feet and adjust to Evertons style of play. 

Having said that Dunk looks more composed a figure and if we get him for £20m to£25m he may turn out good for us

But we won't. They have put a price tag of 40-45m on him. 20-25 might well be a more realistic figure but their stance is exactly same as ours on HM. don't want or need to sell but If you want him here is what we will take or go do one. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its not that he isn't good enough its that the price tag is too high for what we would be getting. If it were half the price then by all means snap him up.

We are slightly hypocritical as we are demanding a world record fee for Maguire but that's the market we are in.

Exactly, we are hypocritical.

That's going to be the case for everyone this season though. "He ain't worth that much " is going to be branded about a lot.

We know full well that Maguire isn't worth £80-90 million, imo Perez wasn't worth £30 million and Dunk isn't worth £40-50 million but that's today's market for you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

BBC quoted a figure of  forty five million agreed, if we lose Maguire.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

I thought about Keane earlier as a similar example.  However Keane was 24 when he moved to Everton and bad habits and changes in your game are easier to iron out when your younger, Dunk is 28 soon.  All that said £20-25m would be reasonable for him and worth the outlay imo, it's the chat of Brighton wanting nigh on double that which says to me don't touch him with a barge pole at that price.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

lol nice one.

But according to many posters on here Dunk plays for a shit team and isn't good enough for us.

Dunk and Duffy proved enough last season how good they can be, towards the end of the season especially they were getting praise. I looked at Brighton's player award results, who came 1st and 2nd...

Oh yeah, Dunk & Duffy.

If Rob Dorsett's tweet is anything to go by though then the next few weeks will be massive, I hope to see Benkovic and Soyuncu get plenty of minutes in Pre Season starting tonight against Scunny.

To be fair I think the general consensus was Maguire had a distinctly mediocre season last year, hence why most of us aren't arsed if he is sold. Losing him or him staying won't be key to getting top 6, it'll be scoring another 15+ goals which is why getting Perez and Tielemans was essential and ideally another winger. 

I'll check Dunk's stats against some other mediocre Prem defenders and I'm sure there'll be several that would scrub up nicely against him and Maguire. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

With Harry gone I want a better insurance policy than Wes, who's basically unplayable against any front 3 with pace.

I don't think he is. He and Huth never had pace but were allowed to mostly remain deep due to the excellent midfield we had at the time. If played again, then a disciplined and organised performance by a covering defensive midfielder is a must.

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

With Harry gone I want a better insurance policy than Wes, who's basically unplayable against any front 3 with pace.

I kid you not... Wes was and is faster than Maguire. Shocking I know but just shows that pace isn't everything considering Maguire is valued at £85-90m!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, urban fox said:

Bang on with everything you have said. When we picked up Evans for a measly £3m (relegation release clause) people on here were shouting what a waste of money, and why are we buying a relegated utd reject.   The best 3m we have ever spent in my opinion. Between him and Wes there should be more than enough experience to help bring the two young lads on.

Mahrez?  

Vardy?

Huth?

Vardy?

Vardy?

Vaaaaaarrrrddddy!

We have spent better.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/07/2019 at 21:05, STUHILL said:

I kid you not... Wes was and is faster than Maguire. Shocking I know but just shows that pace isn't everything considering Maguire is valued at £85-90m!

I’m sure I saw a stat 4-5 years ago saying Wes was the 3 fastest player in the prem at the time.