Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

2 hours ago, Walshie is God said:

Our biggest trouble now is clubs know we got cash and we want a harry replacement. Any signing we make now is inflated by 10m for this reason. This in my opinion is why we shouldn't have sold so late in the window. We should have told yanited when they bid 70m. It's 80m in the next 3 days or it's all off. 

We have held out for a great price and fair play to us for that. But in terms of now securing a replacement we are wide open to having our pants pulled down. Which reminds me i need my morning dump!

Very true unless deals were negotiated some time ago before the sale and preliminary agreements made. If such agreements aren't adhered to the club always retain the right to walk away. We had our price for Maguire which was eventually met, possibly they have certain sales going through behind the scenes that have helped enabled them to do that. As is often said,  many transfers avail themselves on a chain reaction basis. We and the press rarely know what the truth is behind the scenes.

Let's be honest, a deal is in place here. Dunk followed and then unfollowed Leicester on Instagram was it? They've bought in a £25m centre back linked as a replacement for him so for me this is happening. 

I just hope the fee isn't too high and we can bring in a top winger. I'd be delighted with that. 

• Like 3

We need a new centre half, if Evans were to pick up a long term injury it is frightening to think of Wes and Soyuncu or back from injury Benko as a defensive unit whilst trying to break into a European place.

30 minutes ago, 80's fox said:

Let's be honest, a deal is in place here. Dunk followed and then unfollowed Leicester on Instagram was it? They've bought in a £25m centre back linked as a replacement for him so for me this is happening. 

I just hope the fee isn't too high and we can bring in a top winger. I'd be delighted with that. 

correct they all ready have 2 good center backs

plus he is a friend of Rodgers son

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

Popped over to the Brighton forum they have a 127 page Dunk to Leicester thread :o

Is it as gripping as the Maguire to Man Utd / Man City thread? Thinking I'll need the Samaritans when that one gets locked.  

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

to replace Bruno

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

But you're forgetting something... 

How many days are left in the transfer window? 

.. Don't you think the Lewis Dunk deal has been discussed between the clubs and progress already made in case Maguire left?.. 

Hense why Brighton are getting Webster in? 

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

Popped over to the Brighton forum they have a 127 page Dunk to Leicester thread :o

"Plus I just went over to have a look on the Leicester forum and they seem like a bunch of turds, saying how he isn’t worth anything over 25m and that lascelles and a long list of others would be better, so sod them." 

:D

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

We need a new centre half, if Evans were to pick up a long term injury it is frightening to think of Wes and Soyuncu or back from injury Benko as a defensive unit whilst trying to break into a European place.

This is the problem for me. Both Evans and Benko are a little suspect on the injury front, but Dunk is too expensive unless we can get him for a very sensible price.

I guess Amartey could be seen as our last ditch cover, so maybe we should spend our money elsewhere, but it is a bit risky if we aspire to greatness.

1 minute ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

This is the problem for me. Both Evans and Benko are a little suspect on the injury front, but Dunk is too expensive unless we can get him for a very sensible price.

I guess Amartey could be seen as our last ditch cover, so maybe we should spend our money elsewhere, but it is a bit risky if we aspire to greatness.

Amartey at the back ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Amartey at the back ?

He plays there for his country, so it's not like he has never played there, and as a 5th CB we could do worse.

It is a bit of a risk to depend on all these younger CB's, but if BR thinks it is worth doing, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

16 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

He plays there for his country, so it's not like he has never played there, and as a 5th CB we could do worse.

It is a bit of a risk to depend on all these younger CB's, but if BR thinks it is worth doing, I wouldn't be disappointed.

He's not played for them since 2017 and they play against League Two level teams such as Guinea and Benin (and didn't even reach the AFCON quarters) and yes, he wasn't in the side recently before his injury. No thanks.

Edited by wattolcfc
more info
  • Like 1

Guest Cujek
5 hours ago, Mehrez said:

They seem a special bunch! 

Some suggesting that Brighton to Leicester would be a sideways move!

Haha, well I suppose they are London by the sea, after all. 

Annonymous club, will most likely go down this season I wil be glad. 

8 hours ago, weller54 said:

But you're forgetting something... 

How many days are left in the transfer window? 

.. Don't you think the Lewis Dunk deal has been discussed between the clubs and progress already made in case Maguire left?.. 

Hense why Brighton are getting Webster in? 

Maybe, maybe Brighton just wanted a new CB. Doubt they woulf buy a guy for 20 million just incase Dunk goes. We have had all summer knowing Maguire is likely to go, and so have had time to eye up better replacements than dunk. I think you can get better players abroad for cheaper, or if we stay in the prem for a replacement then Lascelles or Ake are better options.