Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 20

Sad to hear that career is still broken but there you go. Problem is that the AI doesn't create the illusion of being anything other than AI and becomes so easy to beat on ultimate/legendary even when playing with a league 1 team against Man City. Just means that fixing all the things aimed at creating longevity, wouldn't mean anything if there's no challenge or progression.

First FIFA I haven't pre-ordered in about 10 years. Started playing PES and for all its flaws with presentation, it's just so vastly superior playing the computer who not only offer a challenge, but also offer different types of challenge.

Hoping that they both work hard to correct their mistakes for the next gen but not holding my breath.

20 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Don’t play a high line

change view to co op

jockey and don’t over commit 

17 hours ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Use L2 + R2 a lot. Bear in mind that manual defending barely works as any of your defenders that aren't being controlled by you just let players run past them

All worked a treat. Gone on a 6 or 7 win streak in rivals. Cheers fellas

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Massive backlash for the state of career mode atm: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Career-Mode-Issues-Megathread/td-p/8244343

EA putting their head in the sand as per usual.

EDIT: Oh and they've just disabled the transfer market too, an hour before launch. :mad:

It's starting to really pick up now. All over their Twitter and forums. They're just ignoring players as usual.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/fifa-20-bug-career-mode-patch-feature-teams-update-a9121571.html

Apparently unplayable in it's current state. Can't believe a AAA developer would release a game like that. But they know people will still buy. Shocking, really.

I'm not surprised though. They probably give the Career Mode to a couple of interns whilst the entire dev team works on FUT and Volta (I mean, who ****ing cares about Volta?)

They're intentionally neglecting other modes to drive people onto Ultimate Team. Greedy c**nts. F**k 'em. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

Yeah I’m not buying it unless they sort out career mode.

One of the “improved features” was that the big teams no longer play weakened sides against anyone who has a lower rating, but it’s worse than ever now lol 

Hopefully they get shamed into fixing it, but it’s not FUT, so I doubt they give a shit.  

• Like 1

EA: "Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn’t using their prime starting XI in important matches."

Spurs' starting lineup on match day one of the Premier League.

1960528925_ScreenShot2019-09-27at14_55_45.png.9d7e2d9aa4d96c805879923af136f3ea.png

I mean it's false advertising, pure and simple. I can feel myself going into a gamer rage.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

EA: "Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn’t using their prime starting XI in important matches."

Spurs' starting lineup on match day one of the Premier League.

1960528925_ScreenShot2019-09-27at14_55_45.png.9d7e2d9aa4d96c805879923af136f3ea.png

I mean it's false advertising, pure and simple. I can feel myself going into a gamer rage.

Didn’t realise it was that bad , usually I’ve always found that it’s usually the 2nd choice goal keeper plays and maybe 1 or 2 outfield players but not the whole 11

11 hours ago, Samilktray said:

At this point EA may aswell take every mode that isn’t Ultimate Team out of the game and let somebody else have the rights and licenses to do them justice. It’s pathetic at this point tbh

Tbh mate Ultimate Team isn't any better. 

The licences make sure they've got a monopoly so they just don't bother developing the game. 

What EA are doing to the games industry is depressing. Especially for fans of sports games. 

I won't touch another one of their products tbh.