Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Premier League Fixtures 19/20

46 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Actually, it's got to be fake. BT have the 12:30 KOs this season and Sky have the 17:30s. 

It always is, the TV games aren't announced for another two weeks or so.

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

It always is, the TV games aren't announced for another two weeks or so.

I thought fixtures were announced tomorrow 13th June for some reason. Did I read it on the LCFC website?

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I thought fixtures were announced tomorrow 13th June for some reason. Did I read it on the LCFC website?

The fixtures are announced tomorrow but the TV choices are usually a couple of weeks later.

18 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You said all ten games will be televised over the WEEKEND. They won't. 

There are four match days when all 10 games will be televised. 

Amazon have two of those:- early midweek fixtures in December and Boxing Day

BT have the other:- midweek fixtures on dates to be confirmed. 

For ****s sake mate. 

Winter break weekend....

Two sets of five games over two weeks. 

Because theres only five games each weekend the tv people are able to televise every game over each Saturday and Sunday. 

I didn’t mean all at once! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The TV companies won't announce them, but they'll know what they're having from the first round of fixtures already. You can infer most of them via the kickoff times any way. 

All fixtures are released for 3pm on weekends. 

Then in a couple of weeks time they choose the games to air? 

23 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The TV companies won't announce them, but they'll know what they're having from the first round of fixtures already. You can infer most of them via the kickoff times any way. 

TV Companies don't get sight until the morning - you'll be surprised how argumentative they get between each other for two weeks/then they have consult the Police as well. 

On 08/06/2019 at 17:18, StanSP said:

I'm away on the 17th so would prefer a home game to start with on first weekend so that I don't miss a game on 17th.

Will also be interested to see if we have a home game on the weekend of 27th October (Saturday is 26th), obviously the 1st year since the helicopter crash. 

I’d put money on it. Every club can request certain dates for home fixtures, this will be our number one request. 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2019 at 18:37, Dan LCFC said:

Please can we not be the opening game on TV which we lose. It's happened the last three seasons.

I agree something like Southampton at home to start would do me. Please for god sake do not give us Liverpool or Man City first game. Or Watford. I'm sure they nearly always win their opening game.

Ideally would rather be at home boxing day.

Still love fixture day.

All away as well. 

Would take a educated guess at being away on Boxing Day as we had it at home last season. Most clubs request home games for Christmas time as the players hate being away on Christmas Day etc. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’d put money on it. Every club can request certain dates for home fixtures, this will be our number one request. 

Interestingly there's an article on Premier League website where it mentions that we request the Diwali weekend away from home. 

Diwali weekend is 28th October, so I don't know if that will have an affect. 

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interestingly there's an article on Premier League website where it mentions that we request the Diwali weekend away from home. 

Bloody Indians :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I just think the club will want to be at home that weekend and mark his passing.  Could be wrong though just a hunch. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I just think the club will want to be at home that weekend and mark his passing.  Could be wrong though just a hunch. 

I agree but I also think that the police would not allow it as there will already be large crowds on the streets. Especially if they thought anyone might try to organise another "unofficial" walk to mark the anniversary (which would actually be a great idea IMO and give those not necessarily attending the match a chance to show their respects much the same as last year for the Burnley game).

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

TV Companies don't get sight until the morning - you'll be surprised how argumentative they get between each other for two weeks/then they have consult the Police as well. 

Yes - this causes the most issues, of course, the warring TV companies and the complex pick system.

Also worth noting that the EFL has, and I assume will continue to launch their fixtures with the first few weeks live TV games chosen on launch. I assume that's why the fixtures can be a week later but start the season a week earlier.

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

They do it in the Championship. No reason at all they can't do the same for the Premier League.

6 hours ago, urban fox said:

I agree but I also think that the police would not allow it as there will already be large crowds on the streets. Especially if they thought anyone might try to organise another "unofficial" walk to mark the anniversary (which would actually be a great idea IMO and give those not necessarily attending the match a chance to show their respects much the same as last year for the Burnley game).

Could work if we're put on at 12.30pm (I know TV fixtures aren't decided for October until early Sept I think). That leaves the rest of the day for roads to be shut for Diwali etc.

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I imagine it's the policing issue and traffic control, with the closure of Belgrave Road, fireworks etc.

Still interesting to know though