Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Premier League Fixtures 19/20

Aside from the potential uncertainty of dates for our game with Wolves, blue tinted specs removed I'd say it's a much more interesting game to screen than Arsenal v Newcastle which reeks of token top six inclusion on week one for the hell of it. It's a shame such a game will come so early, even more so if it's shunted due to their inclusion in some mickey mouse tin pot tournament (it should have been us, I've never been to FC Veredafukzat). 

Shame we coudn't have had a less taxing Sheff Utd or Norwich at home to oil the joints before we go into such a head to head.

See that Southampton at home is on my birthday weekend again as it was this year. The memories of seeing the 3 DM's names appear on the screen in the pub still haven't left me (or the vision of my Darth Vader-esque "Nooooooooo !" reaction.

11 minutes ago, Remember Kember said:

Personally happy as the first 2 away fixtures correspond with my holiday so for once not missing an early home match.

Overall the balance of fixtures look pretty good.

Any idea when the TV companies announce the rest of the early TV slots?

Last year fixtures for Aug/Sep were announced early July with Oct/Nov fixtures confirmed the week before the season started.

So by the time we play Wolves first game, we should know confirmed dates for the first 4 months.

Slightly niche, but we often take short family breaks that include an away match when it coincides with school holidays.  Arsenal at Easter looks a good excuse for a few days in that there London this coming season, but there are plenty to choose from, with the Chelsea, Sheffield Utd, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Man City and Everton away games all falling outside of term time too.

Really dont understand the point of Arsenal and Man U games being on a Sat after a Europa League when the Premier League knows they'll have to be moved anyway. Underhand way of selling a televised 'rearranged' Sunday midday kick off? 

League looks really strong this year on paper. I think the three promoted teams will be a lot better than the other two that came up last year. Sheff U might struggle, but tough to break down. Norwich are unknown to a certain extent, nobody really knows the limit of their squad yet and Villa will be bang up for their first season back in the prem and they have a really talented squad, good business signing that El Ghazi on a perm he was their best player in the play offs. 

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool (all away) in the first 8 games ...... that’s not great imo 

Man U and Chelsea away are not the daunting trips they used to be would be expecting a point from both especially Chelsea who i think will struggle next year no Hazard and no transfers.    

Edited by FoxesFourLife

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

Some pretty original choices there from the TV companies I see. 

Just shows what kind of league it is now. 

I understand the Liverpool, Spurs and Man U games being on tv, but Newcastle Arsenal? I may be biased but Leicester wolves is a far more interesting fixture. Even Arsenal fans dont want to watch Arsenal. 

First set of TV games are due 9th July.

Wolves is almost certainly going to be Sunday, and even worse, Sunday 12pm sadly. For it to stay Saturday Wolves have got to lose to some absolute fodder in the Europa League.

Chelsea away I'd say is also likely to move given they play in Istanbul shortly before it.

I do think however both of these factors should help us. We've probably caught those two at the right time.

On the flip side I don't like playing newly promoted sides away early on.

Overall though I'm happy, not a single midweek away and nearly everything fell at a time where I'll be able to attend it.