Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Gray is a bit of an enigma. He's still quite highly rated in the game and considered one of the best players in the England U21 side and there are some highly rated players in that side. Eddie Howe and Bournemouth are long time admirers and we once rejected a £25m bid from them.

I have been an advocate of Gray for a long time as he has the assets to be a top player but even I have reached the end of the road with him. Whilst he has got a good work ethic and very quick with good dribbling skills he's not got great vision or intelligence. I don't think the market has cottoned on yet and I think now would be an ideal time to get Fraser in with Gray being part of the deal. 

It would allow Bournemouth a chance to replace a player who will leave for nothing in less than a year with a player they rate. Fraser is also statistically one of the best players in the PL last season and would be an instant upgrade on what we have.  I think Bournemouth might bite but Fraser might see Leicester as a sidewards step especially after being linked with Arsenal. 

When you put it like that then it may be more realistic a deal than I thought, thanks for clarifying.  I'm not a fan of Gray at all from what I've seen, hasn't developed at all so if you could swap him for Fraser then you'll have won a watch and then some!

5 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

When you put it like that then it may be more realistic a deal than I thought, thanks for clarifying.  I'm not a fan of Gray at all from what I've seen, hasn't developed at all so if you could swap him for Fraser then you'll have won a watch and then some!

Unfortunately Gray is the same player who arrived here as a 19 year old. He's now just turned 23 and you can only dine out on potential for so long. At 23 you're now in the mid 20's category and you have to start performing without the fall back of "potential". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Gray is a bit of an enigma. He's still quite highly rated in the game and considered one of the best players in the England U21 side and there are some highly rated players in that side. Eddie Howe and Bournemouth are long time admirers and we once rejected a £25m bid from them.

I have been an advocate of Gray for a long time as he has the assets to be a top player but even I have reached the end of the road with him. Whilst he has got a good work ethic and very quick with good dribbling skills he's not got great vision or intelligence. I don't think the market has cottoned on yet and I think now would be an ideal time to get Fraser in with Gray being part of the deal. 

It would allow Bournemouth a chance to replace a player who will leave for nothing in less than a year with a player they rate. Fraser is also statistically one of the best players in the PL last season and would be an instant upgrade on what we have.  I think Bournemouth might bite but Fraser might see Leicester as a sidewards step especially after being linked with Arsenal. 

I feel the same about Gray in many respects, but I don't think I agree with this point about the rest of the market not being fully aware. Considering the state of data collation and analytics within the game and specifically variables relating to individual players then I would think that the 'market' is very aware of his attributes, both positive and negative.

I just don't whether we are not getting the best out of him, whether the technical capabilities of our team have moved past him or whether he just isnt as good as we think...I'm inclined to think the first of those, but maybe Im not seeing things for what they are

Why do we get so obsessed with these comments that we cant let them go? We did this last season with the 20mill striker link that turned out to be deeney. Football moves quickly this player would already be here if the report was true and I believe that they are (Perez)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What if though, Maddison gets a knock and Perez goes in down the middle behind Vardy, or Barnes gets injured and it’s back to Gray or Albrighton being the other winger for a while. If we’re gonna push on we need more cover in attacking areas, we’re one quality player short from that at the moment. That’s why everyone wants to see one more attacker through the door.  

I completely agree and to quote myself Ive said something similar in another thread

"Looks like Brendan is going for a safety first approach, signing proven players with little risk. Hard to get excited about this as fans can already see the glass ceiling with the players ability. The strategy can work in the short term but we will be fleeced for price and I think we all feel that we are still one top class player away from what we want to achieve. "

But we are getting stuck on one journalists comment, we might be looking at budget options or mega options, or none at all. But this thread imo is now irrelevant as the player Rob heard about was almost certainly Perez

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Harsh on Gray in my opinion and Fraser has two years on him and until last season he really was still seen as hot and cold. Adding physique and just being even more direct from the left really brought him to prominence last season. 

Demarai at Birmingham was direct and fast on the left and he dropped off a bit but I think if they can focus on his strengths, he’d be as good as Fraser was / is. This season is make or break for him this season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Disappointing lack of useful noise in this thread :angry:

(yes, including this contribution)

That might not be the worst thing as could show that our targets are currently still on holiday or in tournaments.

Off the top of my head, the likes of sarr, bailey, chukwesze, ziyech, ferran torres are still not back with their clubs and I would take any of them in a heartbeat, no matter how late in the window it is. 

• Thanks 1

....it is really strange......Gray is getting two different views in respect of his skillset!!!

He plays for England U21 (captained as well) producing results and no doubt the feedback is extremely positive from the England camp. His inability to hold a position in the first team is I would say contradicts what he is being told internationally from the views from the club.

I suspect he will hold the England coaches in higher esteem and will adhere to advice given to him in that environment as he will view it to be at a higher standard. As he is not asked to play a like for like position he can't bring the England skillset to his club game and we can't afford to indulge him to play the way he is asked to play for England. He is unable to transition as has been evident for the past seasons so releasing him to a team prepared to play to his strengths would be in both our interest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is really strange......Gray is getting two different views in respect of his skillset!!!

He plays for England U21 (captained as well) producing results and no doubt the feedback is extremely positive from the England camp. His inability to hold a position in the first team is I would say contradicts what he is being told internationally from the views from the club.

I suspect he will hold the England coaches in higher esteem and will adhere to advice given to him in that environment as he will view it to be at a higher standard. As he is not asked to play a like for like position he can't bring the England skillset to his club game and we can't afford to indulge him to play the way he is asked to play for England. He is unable to transition as has been evident for the past seasons so releasing him to a team prepared to play to his strengths would be in both our interest.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I suspect he produces results for the 21's because he's playing with players around his age range. It's nowhere near as competitive as Premier League football. Look at the number of players who can't get first team football in the Premier League. 

I don't actually know what his strengths are? 

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Get  Ziyech in. Job done, get on with the season. Win the league again. Rodgers stays on to win the CL then leaves for United. Football completed. We can all take up crochet. 

Until we win the FA Cup, footy isn’t completed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Get  Ziyech in. Job done, get on with the season. Win the league again. Rodgers stays on to win the CL then leaves for United. Football completed. We can all take up crochet. 

United. Wash your mouth out. :revenge:

Ziyech would be the perfect signing for us, can play on the wing or as an attacking midfielder. Creative, good finisher and works hard. I think we could be competing for a champions league place if we got him in. The longer he stays at Ajax with no real interest the more likely he is to consider us. It won't happen but if it did...

:nigel:

2 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Ziyech would be the perfect signing for us, can play on the wing or as an attacking midfielder. Creative, good finisher and works hard. I think we could be competing for a champions league place if we got him in. The longer he stays at Ajax with no real interest the more likely he is to consider us. It won't happen but if it did...

:nigel:

Nothing wrong with dreaming.................We'll see.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just can't believe we'll sign Ziyech.

It doesn't add up.

How has nobody else been in for him? What's the catch?

Ziyech is wasteful that’s his problem. He shoots from long range and attempts wonder through balls. Clubs from the top divisions want wingers who can retain the ball. 

Anyway guys we’ve been there before, had a bid accepted and then Ziyech said no