Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Has all the qualities of becoming a great player, but for whatever reason he seems to lack proper end quality. He seems to be electric under the England banner but for us.... has always been that "nearly" man.

He's a capable squad player, nothing more.

As much as people don’t believe it, it’s an ego thing that’s holding Demarai back. The lad already thinks he’s made it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

As much as people don’t believe it, it’s an ego thing that’s holding Demarai back. The lad already thinks he’s made it.

Do you have info, outside of your own intuition? You're stating like this is fact.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perisic seems to have the "way" about him that would fit, but I don`t know about Perisic. First look would say such a transfer seems at odds with our transfer strategy, but such high level experience could well be a great thing. As long as he doesn`t have a billy big ********* attitude. Cannot comment on his attitude.

Don't find many Croatian players like this, they all tend to seem fairly grounded lads.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/07/20/5d33581e22601d36218b45bd.html

yeah i seen this aswell.. Conte was so stupid Kante didnt fit into his Centre mid plans either.

It was Sarri who shifted Kante out to right midfield (bonkers!), Conte played him in the centre, sitting and he was the fulcrum of his midfield.

10 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

It was Sarri who shifted Kante out to right midfield (bonkers!), Conte played him in the centre, sitting and he was the fulcrum of his midfield.

literally realized this soon as i googled it after lol

Edited by les-tah

10 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

If you could get Perisic for circa £30m and get two years out of him still at his best that would be great business imo.

I get the model is to buy young, develop them and sell high but now and again you need to sacrifice a bit of money for experience also.

I agree, however I could understand the club being reserved about buying a player on big wages at his age, we have been stung recently which led to the start of a rethink on our transfer strategy.

5 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I agree, however I could understand the club being reserved about buying a player on big wages at his age, we have been stung recently which led to the start of a rethink on our transfer strategy.

Yeah I get that but sometimes with that model you also have to buy experience from time to time for the short term and also to bring on young players.  Think for example the mentoring effect someone like Perisic could have on Barnes.

I'm not saying deviate from the overall strategy, but you can't expect every single signing to be a young guy you hope to sell on for millions, you need some sort of balance.  I guess the Perez transfer highlights such balance as he's probably at his peak value now given his age, experience, etc.  He's not been brought in on the basis of makiing a profit on you'd think, he's been bought for the here and now.

It's similar to the model at Celtic, albeit on a smaller scale, but you can't always buy young, develop and sell high, you need at times to bring in experience to help the team in the short term and also to bring the younger players you hope to sell for big money later on.  If your doing the latter correctly and yielding big profits for the players you develop then you have the luxury of buying a said experienced player with no re-sale every couple of seasons.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah I get that but sometimes with that model you also have to buy experience from time to time for the short term and also to bring on young players.  Think for example the mentoring effect someone like Perisic could have on Barnes.

I'm not saying deviate from the overall strategy, but you can't expect every single signing to be a young guy you hope to sell on for millions, you need some sort of balance.  I guess the Perez transfer highlights such balance as he's probably at his peak value now given his age, experience, etc.  He's not been brought in on the basis of makiing a profit on you'd think, he's been bought for the here and now.

It's similar to the model at Celtic, albeit on a smaller scale, but you can't always buy young, develop and sell high, you need at times to bring in experience to help the team in the short term and also to bring the younger players you hope to sell for big money later on.  If your doing the latter correctly and yielding big profits for the players you develop then you have the luxury of buying a said experienced player with no re-sale every couple of seasons.

Yeah I do agree, especially bringing the youngsters through with a bit of mentoring. I think it would be a great signing, but at present I just can't see it happening unless we are offered an unbelievable deal to get him. 

56 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

If you could get Perisic for circa £30m and get two years out of him still at his best that would be great business imo.

I get the model is to buy young, develop them and sell high but now and again you need to sacrifice a bit of money for experience also.

I think we could get him a lot cheaper than £30m.

30yo and unwanted by his parent club, it's a buyers market and if there aren't many suitors then the buyers dictate the price. If we were the only club seriously interested then they have to dance to our tune to get a highly paid unwanted 30yo off the wage bill. 

My main concern about buying a first team winger is we'll then end up with six so we need to offload. Perez and new signing cost a lot of money, Barnes will have restricted time as will Albrighton. It then put Gray and Ghezzal as deadwood unless either improve markedly. 

39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

30yo and unwanted by his parent club, it's a buyers market and if there aren't many suitors then the buyers dictate the price. If we were the only club seriously interested then they have to dance to our tune to get a highly paid unwanted 30yo off the wage bill. 

My main concern about buying a first team winger is we'll then end up with six so we need to offload. Perez and new signing cost a lot of money, Barnes will have restricted time as will Albrighton. It then put Gray and Ghezzal as deadwood unless either improve markedly. 

It all depends on how much Inter need to raise to finance the Lukaku move. It could be anywhere between £25m - £35m. Inter may become desperate to sell...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gerard said:

And the problem with that is.. :filbert_2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Apparently there's nothing he can't do in training. And he performs much, much better for England's u21s than for us. I suspect it's psychological. I'm not sure he'll ever make it here. But I could see him going to another Premier League team and becoming a lot better.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Apparently there's nothing he can't do in training. And he performs much, much better for England's u21s than for us. I suspect it's psychological. I'm not sure he'll ever make it here. But I could see him going to another Premier League team and becoming a lot better.

Let’s see what Brendan can get out of him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

From what I gather, Demarai talks a really good game but can at times be “lazy” when it comes to putting in extra work in areas he’s told to improve. Imo years down the line Demarai will always be remembered as someone who had to the potential to be class but never quite got there.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

From what I gather, Demarai talks a really good game but can at times be “lazy” when it comes to putting in extra work in areas he’s told to improve. Imo years down the line Demarai will always be remembered as someone who had to the potential to be class but never quite got there.

Another Aaron Lennon/theo Walcott/Andros Townsend ?   Bags of promise, next big thing etc etc .  There is a long line of promising young wingers that never quite turned into the super stars they were being touted as.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Think that's a bit unfair on Aaron Lennon and Theo Walcott tbh. Both very good Premier League footballers who have had fair enough top flight careers playing for tidy clubs. 

Didn't mean to imply that they were not good players. Walcott in particular was great for Arsenal and has plenty of England caps to his name but IMO, often young players burst onto the scene amidst a frenzy of adulation (and hope) but then often never quite live up to the hype. Yes both solid players who have had good careers but not the world beaters they were touted as.

Bale. Dodgy as sauce (identity who they claim to be could be as accurrate as Akinbiyi) says we have tabled an offer. But there are several offering more in terms of £.

I don't believe it. But I live in hope.

1 minute ago, adam1 said:

Bale. Dodgy as sauce (identity who they claim to be could be as accurrate as Akinbiyi) says we have tabled an offer. But there are several offering more in terms of £.

Sorry Adam, what are you saying here?

That somebody has made a link between LCFC and Bale and you don’t believe the source?

Is it 100% LCFC or First4lcfc, or another school project that got out of hand?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, adam1 said:

hope in one hand poo in the other and see which one fills up first.