Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Interesting that @LinekersApples mentioned the situation in Italy as involved in the currently hoped transfers - looking through Serie A squads, not sure the position taregtted, maybe AM or RW I would assume :dunno:

Suso, under, bernadeschi, politano would all be decent wingers for us. not sure how many would be attainable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Politano is a new signing, and he is injured I believe?

Edited by Dahnsouff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Thought Politano is a new signing, and he is injured I believe?

It was obligation to buy after being on loan last year. Should be fine for next week's game allegedly. Not sure where he will fit in contes 3-5-2 so may be available and they obviously need to raise funds for lukaku 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Interesting that @LinekersApples mentioned the situation in Italy as involved in the currently hoped transfers - looking through Serie A squads, not sure the position taregtted, maybe AM or RW I would assume :dunno:

Conte said yesterday something about Perisic not being part of his plans....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Conte said yesterday something about Perisic not being part of his plans....

Perisic seems to have the "way" about him that would fit, but I don`t know about Perisic. First look would say such a transfer seems at odds with our transfer strategy, but such high level experience could well be a great thing. As long as he doesn`t have a billy big ********* attitude. Cannot comment on his attitude.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perisic seems to have the "way" about him that would fit, but I don`t know about Perisic. First look would say such a transfer seems at odds with our transfer strategy, but such high level experience could well be a great thing. As long as he doesn`t have a billy big ********* attitude. Cannot comment on his attitude.

He has that eastern European toughness and grit that would work in the premier league, Would be a great signing for his ability and experience but he will only be at his best for a couple more years as age is not on his side and we will not be able to sell on i assume.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Has all the qualities of becoming a great player, but for whatever reason he seems to lack proper end quality. He seems to be electric under the England banner but for us.... has always been that "nearly" man.

 

He's a capable squad player, nothing more.

As much as people don’t believe it, it’s an ego thing that’s holding Demarai back. The lad already thinks he’s made it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

As much as people don’t believe it, it’s an ego thing that’s holding Demarai back. The lad already thinks he’s made it.

Do you have info, outside of your own intuition? You're stating like this is fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perisic seems to have the "way" about him that would fit, but I don`t know about Perisic. First look would say such a transfer seems at odds with our transfer strategy, but such high level experience could well be a great thing. As long as he doesn`t have a billy big ********* attitude. Cannot comment on his attitude.

Don't find many Croatian players like this, they all tend to seem fairly grounded lads.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, les-tah said:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/07/20/5d33581e22601d36218b45bd.html

 

yeah i seen this aswell.. Conte was so stupid Kante didnt fit into his Centre mid plans either.

It was Sarri who shifted Kante out to right midfield (bonkers!), Conte played him in the centre, sitting and he was the fulcrum of his midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could get Perisic for circa £30m and get two years out of him still at his best that would be great business imo.

 

I get the model is to buy young, develop them and sell high but now and again you need to sacrifice a bit of money for experience also.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

It was Sarri who shifted Kante out to right midfield (bonkers!), Conte played him in the centre, sitting and he was the fulcrum of his midfield.

literally realized this soon as i googled it after lol

Edited by les-tah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Do you have info, outside of your own intuition? You're stating like this is fact.

Close friends with a lad in the first team & he’s close friends with Demarai.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

If you could get Perisic for circa £30m and get two years out of him still at his best that would be great business imo.

 

I get the model is to buy young, develop them and sell high but now and again you need to sacrifice a bit of money for experience also.

I agree, however I could understand the club being reserved about buying a player on big wages at his age, we have been stung recently which led to the start of a rethink on our transfer strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I agree, however I could understand the club being reserved about buying a player on big wages at his age, we have been stung recently which led to the start of a rethink on our transfer strategy.

Yeah I get that but sometimes with that model you also have to buy experience from time to time for the short term and also to bring on young players.  Think for example the mentoring effect someone like Perisic could have on Barnes.

 

I'm not saying deviate from the overall strategy, but you can't expect every single signing to be a young guy you hope to sell on for millions, you need some sort of balance.  I guess the Perez transfer highlights such balance as he's probably at his peak value now given his age, experience, etc.  He's not been brought in on the basis of makiing a profit on you'd think, he's been bought for the here and now.

 

It's similar to the model at Celtic, albeit on a smaller scale, but you can't always buy young, develop and sell high, you need at times to bring in experience to help the team in the short term and also to bring the younger players you hope to sell for big money later on.  If your doing the latter correctly and yielding big profits for the players you develop then you have the luxury of buying a said experienced player with no re-sale every couple of seasons.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Yeah I get that but sometimes with that model you also have to buy experience from time to time for the short term and also to bring on young players.  Think for example the mentoring effect someone like Perisic could have on Barnes.

 

I'm not saying deviate from the overall strategy, but you can't expect every single signing to be a young guy you hope to sell on for millions, you need some sort of balance.  I guess the Perez transfer highlights such balance as he's probably at his peak value now given his age, experience, etc.  He's not been brought in on the basis of makiing a profit on you'd think, he's been bought for the here and now.

 

It's similar to the model at Celtic, albeit on a smaller scale, but you can't always buy young, develop and sell high, you need at times to bring in experience to help the team in the short term and also to bring the younger players you hope to sell for big money later on.  If your doing the latter correctly and yielding big profits for the players you develop then you have the luxury of buying a said experienced player with no re-sale every couple of seasons.

Yeah I do agree, especially bringing the youngsters through with a bit of mentoring. I think it would be a great signing, but at present I just can't see it happening unless we are offered an unbelievable deal to get him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

If you could get Perisic for circa £30m and get two years out of him still at his best that would be great business imo.

 

I get the model is to buy young, develop them and sell high but now and again you need to sacrifice a bit of money for experience also.

 

I think we could get him a lot cheaper than £30m.

 

30yo and unwanted by his parent club, it's a buyers market and if there aren't many suitors then the buyers dictate the price. If we were the only club seriously interested then they have to dance to our tune to get a highly paid unwanted 30yo off the wage bill. 

 

My main concern about buying a first team winger is we'll then end up with six so we need to offload. Perez and new signing cost a lot of money, Barnes will have restricted time as will Albrighton. It then put Gray and Ghezzal as deadwood unless either improve markedly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

 

I think we could get him a lot cheaper than £30m.

 

30yo and unwanted by his parent club, it's a buyers market and if there aren't many suitors then the buyers dictate the price. If we were the only club seriously interested then they have to dance to our tune to get a highly paid unwanted 30yo off the wage bill. 

 

My main concern about buying a first team winger is we'll then end up with six so we need to offload. Perez and new signing cost a lot of money, Barnes will have restricted time as will Albrighton. It then put Gray and Ghezzal as deadwood unless either improve markedly. 

It all depends on how much Inter need to raise to finance the Lukaku move. It could be anywhere between £25m - £35m. Inter may become desperate to sell...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Gerard said:

 

I think we could get him a lot cheaper than £30m.

 

30yo and unwanted by his parent club, it's a buyers market and if there aren't many suitors then the buyers dictate the price. If we were the only club seriously interested then they have to dance to our tune to get a highly paid unwanted 30yo off the wage bill. 

 

My main concern about buying a first team winger is we'll then end up with six so we need to offload. Perez and new signing cost a lot of money, Barnes will have restricted time as will Albrighton. It then put Gray and Ghezzal as deadwood unless either improve markedly. 

 

And the problem with that is.. :filbert_2:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

As much as people don’t believe it, it’s an ego thing that’s holding Demarai back. The lad already thinks he’s made it.

Apparently there's nothing he can't do in training. And he performs much, much better for England's u21s than for us. I suspect it's psychological. I'm not sure he'll ever make it here. But I could see him going to another Premier League team and becoming a lot better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Apparently there's nothing he can't do in training. And he performs much, much better for England's u21s than for us. I suspect it's psychological. I'm not sure he'll ever make it here. But I could see him going to another Premier League team and becoming a lot better.

Let’s see what Brendan can get out of him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...