Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

2 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

45 minutes of Gray has made me realise just how important another winger is... Has there ever been a player in the premier league with such poor end product? He has skill and pace, but my god, he cannot cross, cannot pass, cannot shoot...

Get the feeling Brendan will feel he can improve him, but it worries me he may be a starter at the moment...

Whilst I agree, the difference Harvey made when he came on today was just class. He’s just a constant thorn to the opposition defence all the time. 

Me personally I'm buzzing to see the movement  & build up play from Harvey, Youri, Madders & Pérez.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Today showed yet again that if we had a wide forward that could finish we’d probably get that European spot or better. I love Harvey Barnes as he always puts a shift in but he lacks that clinical edge. That could come in time but I feel a proven wide man now with Barnes as impact player this season would be electric. 

Now it is possible that Perez will be a solution and Albrighton has been outstanding in preseason. But you can’t help but feel if this current Leicester team had a 15/16 Mahrez in it, it would be pure filth. 

Gray for me has had too many chances and not proved himself. I know he played all the games and started the game today but if you compare him to Barnes then whilst Barnes is also wasteful, he also dramatically impacts the game, also known as the “Shinji-jutsu effect. Gray could still be a squad option but I feel the club sold Mahrez and gave him a clear run in the first team but he didn’t take it, unlike the Chilwell, Ndidi and Maddison’s of this world. 

Please use Shinji-jutsu from now on. Shinjitsu would be even better. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Today showed yet again that if we had a wide forward that could finish we’d probably get that European spot or better. I love Harvey Barnes as he always puts a shift in but he lacks that clinical edge. That could come in time but I feel a proven wide man now with Barnes as impact player this season would be electric. 

Now it is possible that Perez will be a solution and Albrighton has been outstanding in preseason. But you can’t help but feel if this current Leicester team had a 15/16 Mahrez in it, it would be pure filth. 

Gray for me has had too many chances and not proved himself. I know he played all the games and started the game today but if you compare him to Barnes then whilst Barnes is also wasteful, he also dramatically impacts the game, also known as the “Shinji-jutsu” effect. Gray could still be a squad option but I feel the club sold Mahrez and gave him a clear run in the first team but he didn’t take it, unlike the Chilwell, Ndidi and Maddison’s of this world. 

What are you thinking here - World Cup?

I like your optimism. :thumbup:

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1

Gray was poor again last night, so many bad decisions and forgets it’s a team game, wild & wasteful shots and poor passing. Get rid if we get a £10/£15million offer or a season long loan in the Championship, he’s had enough time to improve... 

• Like 3

Without sounding disrespectful to the lad, Gray lacks a "footballing brain". Very good at a lot of things and really does have the potential to become a great winger (which is frustrating because you know the moment you sell him, he will kick on), but when he's in the final third he, more often than not, makes the incorrect decision.

It's so frustrating to watch because you know there is a great player in there, I'm just questioning if this is something you can really teach? If, he wants to be taught!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Without sounding disrespectful to the lad, Gray lacks a "footballing brain". Very good at a lot of things and really does have the potential to become a great winger (which is frustrating because you know the moment you sell him, he will kick on), but when he's in the final third he, more often than not, makes the incorrect decision.

It's so frustrating to watch because you know there is a great player in there, I'm just questioning if this is something you can really teach? If, he wants to be taught!

I totally agree with this. Talent has never been an issue for Gray. His ability to think clearly/make the right decisions,  at critical points is by far his biggest weakness.

I sincerely hope Brendan can improve it, but I am not about to hold my breath.

10 hours ago, deep blue said:

I thought that Gray got every decision on the ball wrong tonight.  I hope that's the effect of being rusty preseason, but i'm not confident.

Lloyd Dyer didn’t have a football brain and accepted it. He could be told “run in a straight line as fast as you can and then cross. If you can’t cross shoot.” And that’s what he did. The end product was often poor, but almost 40 goals and over 30 assists shows his worth.

Admittedly this was at a different time and different level.

Gray doesn’t have a football brain....but thinks that he has.

Many have tried to get him to be direct as he was when he was a kid, but he just doesn’t seem to be able to. There are others already in our league who can and would be a better fit in our team. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Lloyd Dyer didn’t have a football brain and accepted it. He could be told “run in a straight line as fast as you can and then cross. If you can’t cross shoot.” And that’s what he did. The end product was often poor, but almost 40 goals and over 30 assists shows his worth.

Many have tried to get him to be direct as he was when he was a kid, but he just doesn’t seem to be able to. There are others already in our league who can and would be a better fit in our team. 

See, this sounds like an insurmountable problem. If he truely believes he is making the correct decisions, despite being told otherwise, the he needs to go.

Are we still waiting for other trasnsfers to move along before recruiting a CM and RW ?

(Noted you seemed almost excitable about Praet lol )

There does seem to be a real dearth of significant transfer activity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Andros Townsend? ;)

14 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Wrong thread, but I am excited about Praet. He would bring even more quality to our midfield. We’ve never had so many technical players at one time. Madders, Perez, Youri +1 could be something special. 

We are very keen and have the finances covered. I hear he is also keen. Expect movement soon.

And it may actually be the right thread (depending on the domino effect we talk about and players leaving us)

DP can and has played on the right hand side of midfield. Not necessarily in a front 3, but certainly in a team playing one up top or on right hand side of a 3 when they play 2 up. 

No...wrong thread. We are talking wingers here, but you see what I mean 

Edited by LinekersApples
My iPad keeps keeps doubling doubling up up certain words