Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

7 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

A few weeks to go and as some of the Italian “big boys” in particular, try to fall into line financially, expect the domino effect of signings.

hopefully not deadline day, but we have irons in a few fires that are dependent on many factors at this stage of the window. 

I still fully expect 2 or 3 signings north of 20m

Not if Harry stays ....... we aren’t spending 140m nett ! 

15 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

A few weeks to go and as some of the Italian “big boys” in particular, try to fall into line financially, expect the domino effect of signings.

hopefully not deadline day, but we have irons in a few fires that are dependent on many factors at this stage of the window. 

Interesting...this screams 'Perisic from Inter' to me ?

EDIT: Çalhanoğlu from Milan might be one too, since we've been linked recently...

Thanks for this kind of info - looking forward to seeing those 2 or 3 signings! Guessing they'll be for midfield cover, a winger and an attacking mid as Rodgers suggested.

Edited by CloudFox

48 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Interesting...this screams 'Perisic from Inter' to me ?

EDIT: Çalhanoğlu from Milan might be one too, since we've been linked recently...

Thanks for this kind of info - looking forward to seeing those 2 or 3 signings! Guessing they'll be for midfield cover, a winger and an attacking mid as Rodgers suggested.

More like Praet and João Mario

7 hours ago, FireFox said:

Or we could replace Gray/Ghezzal who just aren't good enough. And keep Albrighton who has proven ever since the great escape, under every manager, that he has a role in our squad, usually in our matchday squad. He provides another option that a "wide forward type player" can't provide.

I remember seeing Albrighton when he was playing for Villa and taking note of him. Always seemed underrated for all the work he did on the pitch.

Getting the job done. That cross field pass to Ricardo that started the move for the Perez goal was class yesterday.

29 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I remember seeing Albrighton when he was playing for Villa and taking note of him. Always seemed underrated for all the work he did on the pitch.

Getting the job done. That cross field pass to Ricardo that started the move for the Perez goal was class yesterday.

I thought he had a great 45.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

But, but, but Ferran Torres is at Valencia?

Could we move Valencia into Italy please!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Ricardo starting second half on the wing.. maybe Rodgers is putting trust in JJ after what he’s seen in pre season to play a decent role next season and Ricardo further up... might effect our transfer plans?

Not gonna happen. One of the two best RBs in the league & that’s where he’ll start most games.

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Ricardo starting second half on the wing.. maybe Rodgers is putting trust in JJ after what he’s seen in pre season to play a decent role next season and Ricardo further up... might effect our transfer plans?

Not gonna happen. One of the two best RBs in the league & that’s where he’ll start most games.

6 hours ago, Wolfboy said:

It’s the same every summer West Ham and Everton spend big money on foreign players with fancy names and everyone raves of them expecting them to disrupt the top 6 when really they don’t massively improve in the league.

Possibly like us this year?? 

14 hours ago, FireFox said:

Or we could replace Gray/Ghezzal who just aren't good enough. And keep Albrighton who has proven ever since the great escape, under every manager, that he has a role in our squad, usually in our matchday squad. He provides another option that a "wide forward type player" can't provide.

I agree about gray, jury is out on ghezzal for me, I would give him till jan, if he’s still below par loan out.

Albrighton is a funny one for me, I have posted many times along the lines of jimbo, as creatively all are wingers lack real quality to break down teams, and albrighton for me creatively offers probably the least imo.

Where I like your post is I probably would keep albrighton for another season, I hope we have a more technical, better attacking wingers in before the season starts, to be our starting wingers, but I would keep him to bring off the bench to close games out, as sadly now his defensive work rate is his main attribute.

9 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

@LinekersApples is like when a good looking girl at a club smiles at you but then disappears to the loo for 30 minutes. You want to make your move but you know you’re going to have to wait!

What a tease... Frustrated is the word!

(Thanks for the update)

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Might not be much movement with him for a while - only just finish AFCON duties. 

More chance now than there has been for a while though ! 

Anyone see if he impressed for Senegal ?  I saw him snatch at a good chance in the final ....

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

@LinekersApples is like when a good looking girl at a club smiles at you but then disappears to the loo for 30 minutes. You want to make your move but you know you’re going to have to wait!

What a tease... Frustrated is the word!

(Thanks for the update)

All those women waiting for you in toilets and you just stood outside?

• Haha 4