Sign in to follow this  
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

16 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I think we have done all our signing now to be honest 

Not sure. I think we may have a couple of targets bubbling away but maybe we need to recoup some with a couple of outgoings before we can commit to any more spending.  £76M spent so far by all accounts on three players. If HM does go expect a couple of things to happen quite quickly. I would not rule out something a bit left field or a surprising name that was not anyone's radar (lets face it last year we were all focussed on Maddison and a couple of the others came from nowhere).

TBF even if we don't get anyone else in I think we have had a good window with the business we have already done and look well set up for the coming season.

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

I think we have done all our signing now to be honest 

Puel claimed we were done last summer and then we signed Ghezzal, Soyuncu and Benkovic. Rodgers has stated we are after more players so in the complete reverse to last summer, you're probably right hahahaaa.

33 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Doubtful. BR has said himself has actively trying to get in an attacking midfielder and possibly more on top of that. 

Ofcourse, the deals might not come off for a multitude of reason but if we are looking at one or two players in a couple of positions, I would be very surprised if all deals fell through and we didn't end up getting atleast one more. I suspect it'll likely be two. 

... Would be good to have a winger brought in at least. 

My worry is, and I am sure it has been said before, it appears we are not looking outside of the UK for our players. There are deals to be done for outstanding players in Europe but we appear to be ignoring the opportunity. 

Without being overly critical, are we experiencing the Congerton effect in as much as aside from Tielemans and the money we have spent, have we got value for our money. Buying inside the UK is pricey compared to Europe where I feel there is better value for money 

11 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Wouldn’t class Townsend as lazy either. 

If you look at Zaha when he was 22, he was mercurial, and a real prospect but didn’t really have the consistency to back up his talent on a week to week basis.  I’m not saying that they are on the same level but it’s not been since Zaha went back to Palace, that he hit his stride, and even then it’s really his last 3 seasons that have shown that increase in consistency (he’s now nearly 27, so was 24 when he really started to produce. 

Demarai, like most wingers, is a confidence player but I think now, we’ll also see some more guidance from Rodgers and his coaching staff. If we start getting Scott Sinclair Swansea level performances, I’ll be a lot happier. 

I’ve said it before about DG, he has bags of talent but I think this season will be a kick on it kick off moment... 

I hope your right.

44 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Not sure. I think we may have a couple of targets bubbling away but maybe we need to recoup some with a couple of outgoings before we can commit to any more spending.  £76M spent so far by all accounts on three players. If HM does go expect a couple of things to happen quite quickly. I would not rule out something a bit left field or a surprising name that was not anyone's radar (lets face it last year we were all focussed on Maddison and a couple of the others came from nowhere).

TBF even if we don't get anyone else in I think we have had a good window with the business we have already done and look well set up for the coming season.

It has been a good window but as things calm down and we consider all the hype around us, we are essentially the same team as last season but with Perez in for Okazaki and Justin providing competition for right back. Is that enough of an improvement to bridge the gap with the top 6? Possibly given Perez ought to bring us 10-15 goals that Okazaki and some of our mediocre wingers didn't and Rodgers did evoke an improvement in results due to his methods in the last dozen games but i'd still be cautious that we are now a real danger to the establishment. This isn't trying to be negative as i'm buzzing about the squad and the club right now but i'm also eager to see us seize this potential chink in the armour of the top 6 and go and get that next level winger and another midfield option and see what we can do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... Would be good to have a winger brought in at least. 

My worry is, and I am sure it has been said before, it appears we are not looking outside of the UK for our players. There are deals to be done for outstanding players in Europe but we appear to be ignoring the opportunity. 

Without being overly critical, are we experiencing the Congerton effect in as much as aside from Tielemans and the money we have spent, have we got value for our money. Buying inside the UK is pricey compared to Europe where I feel there is better value for money 

I have thought about this but i'd be surprised if they are working off Congerton's recommendations yet and wasn't he renown for unearthing too many unknown foreign players in almost every club he's worked at? It does seem to me that we've shifted more towards the domestic market since the disasters of 2016 and 2017, but the downside is paying over the odds. It's a balance, I am very happy with the 3 players we've signed but if we only have £40m left (for example) to get an AM and a RW then i'd hope we look to get as much value as possible for our money abroad. If rumours are true we have bid for Dennis Praet so we are obviously still looking.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Harry Wilson link resurface once Liverpool's tour is done and they get the likes of Mane, Firmino and Salah back. Probably held off selling him to make numbers on tour.

Just now, LinekersApples said:

Neither. I can confirm that we are not interested in North Korean winger Kim-Ming Soon or Montserrat speed Merchant Kingsley Christmas.

:appl:For when a Ha Ha emoji just doesn`t quite cut it :appl:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LinekersApples said:

Nothing’s changed. 

Midfielder to add to squad/replace PM. 20m+ to challenge and push to start.

Quality finished article winger. (This one May end up being reactive) 

Centre back if HM goes. (As above, but irons placed lightly in fires)

Youth for U23 that play in the style the first XI are being prepared in. 

I'm in need of tasty transfer news to brighten up my Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Nothing’s changed. 

So nothing close at the minute then?

3 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Nothing’s changed. 

Are we still interested on Mcgregor. He seems to tick alot of boxes 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Nothing’s changed. 

Whats happening with Gray if we sign another winger? He will be 5th choice behind the new winger, Perez, Albrighton & Barnes? 

22 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I'm in need of tasty transfer news to brighten up my Tuesday.

I can make something up if you want. 

“Leicester have never been interested in Andros Townsend” - there you go 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

That’s clever LA ... double negative post ...... 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shane said:

Whats happening with Gray if we sign another winger? He will be 5th choice behind the new winger, Perez, Albrighton & Barnes? 

4 options:

1) loan out

2) sell

3) knackers yard

4) he’s genuinely challenged to step up,improves by training with better players around him Ona daily basis, improves from working with coaching staff  and is part of a more fluid roatation system attempting to challenge on all fronts, including Europe next year.

so prob option1,2 or 3 :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

This makes me feel better, thank you :D