Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We already did, Perez.

But foxestalk being foxestalk refuse to accept that and still compares being Leicester City manager to playing football manager

You mean the reason we won the league wasn’t because we quit the game and started it up again every time we lost? 

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair there's been lots of reports Perez has been brought in as a utility forward and competition for Vardy and that we are still after a winger and a central midfielder.

I hope we are. It may be an unpopular opinion but we need to replace Albrighton. We need that wide forward type player. Albrighton is a good old fashioned winger/wide midfielder, Beckham type winger, but you wouldn't have played Beckham as part of a front 3. 

But I just can't see it right now. I just think the original quote of a "30-50 million winger" was in reference to Perez and I can see a few being disappointed that we don't sign anyone else. I hope I'm wrong because that position could truly be the difference between 8th/9th place and a proper challenge to the top 6

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I hope we are. It may be an unpopular opinion but we need to replace Albrighton. We need that wide forward type player. Albrighton is a good old fashioned winger/wide midfielder, Beckham type winger, but you wouldn't have played Beckham as part of a front 3. 

But I just can't see it right now. I just think the original quote of a "30-50 million winger" was in reference to Perez and I can see a few being disappointed that we don't sign anyone else. I hope I'm wrong because that position could truly be the difference between 8th/9th place and a proper challenge to the top 6

Would defo welcome a new winger, but if it doesn't happen there are other options. Probably too soon, but if JJ is as good as everyone is making out, they could move RP down the wing. He'd definitely fit in there no probs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickbluefox said:

Would defo welcome a new winger, but if it doesn't happen there are other options. Probably too soon, but if JJ is as good as everyone is making out, they could move RP down the wing. He'd definitely fit in there no probs. 

It is an option to play Ricardo on the wing, and a good one, but he is one of the top RBs in the league, so I think we'd be best off playing him at RB whenever possible.

It is great to have versatile players, though. Could well be useful in the event of an injury or sending off.

I'm happy with the squad as it is, although I think we might struggle if YT or JM are unavailable for any substantial length of time. If we were going to bring in one more player this window, I'd like some competition for them, ideally who can also play on the wing. With no more outgoings (other than HM), I think we'll have had an excellent transfer window.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a season more than this.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I have the opposite view to this.

With £80m spent, any more will start to make me get twitchy as the squad and wage bill get ever more bloated.  Where does it come from?  How do we satisfy FFP?  It's not sustainable, we will need to pay for it further down the road.

What we really need is to find homes for a small army of players and get some money in and the wage bill down.  That has to be the priority for me.

I would like to say goodbye to Jakupovic, Gray (if the price is right), King, James, Slimani, Ghezzal and Silva.  I would add Nacho to that list aswell but I don't think it is realistic as he just has no value at the moment and possibly Mendy.

That's not far off a full team that we need to move on and might just recoup £50m if we could pull it off and still leave us with a 25 man squad with two players for every position.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

With £80m spent, any more will start to make me get twitchy as the squad and wage bill get ever more bloated.  Where does it come from?  How do we satisfy FFP?  It's not sustainable, we will need to pay for it further down the road.

What we really need is to find homes for a small army of players and get some money in and the wage bill down.  That has to be the priority for me.

I would like to say goodbye to Jakupovic, Gray (if the price is right), King, James, Slimani, Ghezzal and Silva.  I would add Nacho to that list aswell but I don't think it is realistic as he just has no value at the moment and possibly Mendy.

That's not far off a full team that we need to move on and might just recoup £50m if we could pull it off and still leave us with a 25 man squad with two players for every position.

Missed out Elder & Diabate...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

Patience. 20 days left. Loans and sales will be made.

Clubs lower than us are waiting to see what we will do so they can augment their squads with players on loan and purchases they might not normally be able to afford.

I'm pretty sure Rodgers is still figuring it out. He needs these games to do it.

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Patience. 20 days left. Loans and sales will be made.

Clubs lower than us are waiting to see what we will do so they can augment their squads with players on loan and purchases they might not normally be able to afford.

I'm pretty sure Rodgers is still figuring it out. He needs these games to do it.

Not sure much is gained in games against low level opposition.

Majority on that list have had their time and should now be surplus to requirements 

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair there's been lots of reports Perez has been brought in as a utility forward and competition for Vardy and that we are still after a winger and a central midfielder.

Reports by the “ITK’s”.

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Roma after suso. Wonder whether they will need to offload cengis under to get him in. 

In 90minutes last March they said Roma were looking to offload him to release funds, with Arsenal sniffing round. Quoted value in Transfermarkt was 35mill €.

• Like 1

Everton apparently joining the race to sign Zaha.

Everton have got some deep pockets and large wage outlay eh? Wonder if FFP will come knocking for them at any point. 

Seriously though, they’ll be a force this season along with Wolves and maybe even West Ham.

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Everton have got some deep pockets and large wage outlay eh? Wonder if FFP will come knocking for them at any point. 

Seriously though, they’ll be a force this season along with Wolves and maybe even West Ham.

Agreed, if they sign Zaha will they be a real challenge to top 6. However Zouma has returned to Chelsea and their defence is not that strong. I still think our starting 11 is better than theirs. 

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

It’s the same every summer West Ham and Everton spend big money on foreign players with fancy names and everyone raves of them expecting them to disrupt the top 6 when really they don’t massively improve in the league.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm half expecting about 3 or 4 different mini leagues this season. One involving liverpool and man city again (cant see anyone whose going to be challenging them (especially if Spurs lose Ericsson - although that may not happen now) - the eternal optimist in me hopes we do ....).

I can see their being five or six teams all playing for the rest of the European places.

Then the top 10 or 11 being noticeably higher than the bottom 9 or 10. (Watford always seem to be up their for long periods of the league).

Then the 4 or 5 at the bottom fighting relegation. 

I feel while we may get this to a degree a lot of seasons they'll be more of a gap forming between these mini leagues this season.