Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

15 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

Jesus Chris, people are using National Insurance as an excuse to criticize a player?!

**** me, I've heard everything now 

Perhaps you should read what I said first . It is about the over all fee paid

11 hours ago, Sly said:

A bit harsh!!! I don’t even think he’s our worst Premier League player.

Balaban, Stepanovs, Brolin, Bogarde, Bebe, Junior Lewis, Antidote, Rebrov, Milton Nunez, Taibi, Savio, Ali Dia, Marlet, Luque, Akinbyi, Roque Junior, Musa, Cornelius, Sanoygo, Jardel, Cheyrou, Van Wolfswinkel, Boogers, Djemba-Djemba, 

I'd love to see a first 11 made up of those. 

4 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I'd love to see a first 11 made up of those. 

Taibi

Stepanovs Roque Junior Bogarde

Cheyrou Junior Lewis Djemba-Djemba Musa

Jardel Brolin

You're welcomelol

55 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Taibi

Stepanovs Roque Junior Bogarde

Cheyrou Junior Lewis Djemba-Djemba Musa

Jardel Brolin

You're welcomelol

And a man down from the off ??

Would still probably glide past some of our 2005-07 line ups 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, LC/FC said:

Silva looked good yesterday for a short 30 minute cameo in his first preseason game. Kept the ball well. Linked up nicely, filled in the CB or FB positions when they bombed forward. 

It seems like people here don't get the water carrier role of keeping possession and making things tick over so others can get into their required position to attack again. Some of the diagonal balls that both him and Mendy played caught Cambridge on the back foot a few times. We play possession football now, not counter attacking, and having players of Mendy and Silva's skillset is vital to that way of play. 

He was playing in a preseason game against Cambridge. His previous form in the Premiership would suggest that this water carrier is physically weak, slow in thought and leaky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He was playing in a preseason game against Cambridge. His previous form in the Premiership would suggest that this water carrier is physically weak, slow in thought and leaky.

He missed half the season out due to his ban. Time will tell if he's suited to the prem or not. But as the saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent. 

He could be a flop or he could be great. You're right, it's merely a preseason friendly against lower opposition, but it's the possibility that Rodgers can actually get those that we've previously written off to become the players we'd hope them to be when they first arrived. 

It could be the change in management and playing differently or possibly the need to acclimatise to the pace and rhythm of English football, but from yesterday's showing, all I am saying is that he is far from the worst player we've ever had in the Premiership hyperbole that's been spouted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LC/FC said:

He missed half the season out due to his ban. Time will tell if he's suited to the prem or not. But as the saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent. 

He could be a flop or he could be great. You're right, it's merely a preseason friendly against lower opposition, but it's the possibility that Rodgers can actually get those that we've previously written off to become the players we'd hope them to be when they first arrived. 

It could be the change in management and playing differently or possibly the need to acclimatise to the pace and rhythm of English football, but from yesterday's showing, all I am saying is that he is far from the worst player we've ever had in the Premiership hyperbole that's been spouted.

Whether he ever had real 'class' is perhaps debateable. He was undoubtedly a good player but in a poor league. He was a fairly unremarkable player really in his national side. However, what ever class there had been was some considerable time ago now and it certainly didn't transfer here in the Premiership, he was like a fish out of water. Very sad really for him as well because I don't doubt he has a good attitude. He's now 30. Realistically he is never going to get the time to 'acclimatise' because there's a lot better choice of players before him who's careers won't be stalled or potential points lost on the off chance he'll come good. Perhaps he's just being played to keep him fit for the shop window.

• Like 2

Silva is clearly a talented player, you don't win the European Championship being a donkey or England would have won it many times over the years.

He never suited previous managers style of playing. Skilful probing inter changing passing wasn't our style in previous years. Stout defending, good headers of the ball, strong tackling and constant defending, ball chasing was our style. We lived for 40% possession. Even in Heskeys days we'd boot the ball into the corners for him to chase and waste time.

Times have changed and we are trying to play more considered football, little triangles near our own corner flag to drag teams onto us and then quick passing and send the creative midfielders, say Maddison and Tielemans to suddenly run free in the centre circle and bear down on their defence whilst Vardy and wingers run into space. I think Silva can play a part in this type of approach. People go on about Choudhary and he is clearly talented, but old school for me. Late tackling, chopping people down a la last night shows to me he hasn't learnt from his European experience. 

Anyway, Choudhary is streets behind Ndidi and one enforcer should be enough, particularly with Mendy turning in good performances. 

Anyway, think Silva will go because so many city fans have made their mind up about him, but to me the man is skilful and is premier league class. I think he could do a job for us in the current set up. However, I also rated Iborra, but the boo boys gave him plenty of stick and he got snapped by a team playing Europa league football. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Silva is clearly a talented player, you don't win the European Championship being a donkey or England would have won it many times over the years.

He never suited previous managers style of playing. Skilful probing inter changing passing wasn't our style in previous years. Stout defending, good headers of the ball, strong tackling and constant defending, ball chasing was our style. We lived for 40% possession. Even in Heskeys days we'd boot the ball into the corners for him to chase and waste time.

Times have changed and we are trying to play more considered football, little triangles near our own corner flag to drag teams onto us and then quick passing and send the creative midfielders, say Maddison and Tielemans to suddenly run free in the centre circle and bear down on their defence whilst Vardy and wingers run into space. I think Silva can play a part in this type of approach. People go on about Choudhary and he is clearly talented, but old school for me. Late tackling, chopping people down a la last night shows to me he hasn't learnt from his European experience. 

Anyway, Choudhary is streets behind Ndidi and one enforcer should be enough, particularly with Mendy turning in good performances. 

Anyway, think Silva will go because so many city fans have made their mind up about him, but to me the man is skilful and is premier league class. I think he could do a job for us in the current set up. However, I also rated Iborra, but the boo boys gave him plenty of stick and he got snapped by a team playing Europa league football. 

Tell that to the majority of Greece players in 2004

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Firstly, he didn't win a European Championship,  he was part of a team, a team with a certain player called Ronaldo. I somehow feel Silva played a more minor role with better players around him. 

Strange how you feel he's Premiership quality yet no other Premiership teams, including the newly promoted one's seem to be gagging to buy him?

58 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I think he suited what Claude was trying to do well enough, but the decision to use him or not was taken out of his hands.

We don't really know who is and who isn't interested in buying Silva, and we don't know what valuation Leicester is putting on him.  Obviously his age and the fact that we've buried him for 2 years doesn't do anything for his value.

55 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Don't worry. Top, Rudkin, and Rodgers think absolutely zero about our supporters opinions on a player. Like a finely tuned machine the part either works or it doesn't.

Optimum performance is all that matters. I haven't come across a poster on this board who knows more than Rodgers. Yet.:)

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Don't worry. Top, Rudkin, and Rodgers think absolutely zero about our supporters opinions on a player. Like a finely tuned machine the part either works or it doesn't.

Optimum performance is all that matters. I haven't come across a poster on this board who knows more than Rodgers. Yet.:)

Rodgers hardly put him in the match day squad, never mind the team.FT follower me thinks

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1