Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

5 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Genuinely feel sorry for this guy, been an absolute travesty since day one, hope he gets a decent run at a club and gets game time.... 

And I hope it's ours.  I believe he can help us.

I'd actually like to see a Wilf-Silva-Tielemans 3 in MF.  I think that could be very effective against teams that play behind the ball and try and draw 0-0.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

And I hope it's ours.  I believe he can help us.

I'd actually like to see a Wilf-Silva-Tielemans 3 in MF.  I think that could be very effective against teams that play behind the ball and try and draw 0-0.

You'd choose Silva over Maddison? Our midfield 3 under BR seems to be wilf, youri and maddison. Silva won't want to be here if hes not 1st choice and he definitely is not going to be 1st choice. We need to move him on and sign a back up for Madders/Youri imo. 

30 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

You'd choose Silva over Maddison? Our midfield 3 under BR seems to be wilf, youri and maddison. Silva won't want to be here if hes not 1st choice and he definitely is not going to be 1st choice. We need to move him on and sign a back up for Madders/Youri imo. 

In that lineup Maddison would be playing farther forward.  Of course, with Perez in the fold if we sign the Tanzanian lad, that gives you other options to attack those bus parking sides as well.

I suspect Monaco want him but won’t pay what we want - hence the tielemans deal is now apparently cash unless we find a silva compromise before it’s all signed off.  Maybe that happened yesterday ...... the point being that I cannot see any way adrien begins the season an Lcfc player.  Of course him going to Monaco is probably better for us as his earnings likely to be larger than elsewhere which helps us in resolving the balance of his contract. 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Got to wonder how he would have got on if we hadn’t blundered his deal. Coming in with form could have shown us a completely different player. Never got up to speed. 

Never got up to speed because he’s got no speed and that’s the problem hes as  slow as a carthorse

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Got to wonder how he would have got on if we hadn’t blundered his deal. Coming in with form could have shown us a completely different player. Never got up to speed. 

He'd unfortunately have been just the same,  he's not developed an illness. He'd still be unable to deal with the pace and physicality of our game.

• Like 3

Wouldn't have made much difference, he's clearly too lightweight for the rigors of the PL, offers absolutely no threat going forward and just constantly gives the ball away.. Can't see any PL club buying him, he only looks half decent playing in a slower European league and despite evidently doing well at Monaco... They still don't want to sign him!! 

• Like 1

If Rodgers is willing to give him a chance I cannot see any harm in that, I would sooner offload the likes of King and James (good servants) they need to move on for the sake of their careers.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think he’ll be moved on. (Is he even going to the training camp?) Monaco want him but won’t meet our valuation plus we have other enquires apparently. 

He's not short of admirers, and thankfully not reliant on Tielemans transfer. i suspect he'll go to Bordeaux if Monaco won't meet our valuation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I wish that were true...

Well mate you’re a valued guy on here.

Failing that in times of trouble, get up in the morning look in the mirror and say “I got enough friends!” Leave the house and take a day off from trying to please people that will never be happy, change their opinion of you or notice your attempts to change the relationship. Cut those ****ers out cold.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well mate you’re a valued guy on here.

Failing that in times of trouble, get up in the morning look in the mirror and say “I got enough friends!” Leave the house and take a day off from trying to please people that will never be happy, change their opinion of you or notice your attempts to change the relationship. Cut those ****ers out cold.

Great advice and thank you. You caught me the morning after a bunch of ungrateful teenagers treated me (and others) with a fairly high level of contempt.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Great advice and thank you. You caught me the morning after a bunch of ungrateful teenagers treated me (and others) with a fairly high level of contempt.

Teenagers are never grateful. Ever. Not unless they are opening it or actually at the checkout. It’s not till they get into their late twenties that they have any comprehension of adult sacrifices for them - especially parents. 

Have you considered poisoning at all as an option?

• Haha 4