Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

9 minutes ago, Collymore said:

There's so many dynamics.

I see the other squad players perhaps looking at him and thinking "why does he deserve another chance" but then I see "wow, he was guy that never gived up and it can always happen, never say it's the end"

I just want every player for us to well whilst they're under contract.. 

Secretly Nacho too but really fear he's doomed!

I think Iheanacho is going to come good :P No reason to think this 'call it a gut feeling' but there was a reason he was being subbed on at Man Cty and why Pep put in that silly clause in his sell on fee. He is still super young and a few years from his prime, its basically upto him to get into the squad and make a name for himself. Its also one of the reasons i dont see BR buying in another out and out striker. 

• Like 4

Silva is a way similar to Mendy for me, they don't make enough ball wins and they don't offer anything offensively in goals or assists. They're both very good at keeping the ball moving but I like my midfielders to have a specific skill set.

Ndidi is a bit of a carthorse with the ball but he wins the ball back loads with tackles and interceptions. I also feel as he gets older and stronger he'll start winning more balls in the air and be a threat in both boxes in the air. It's important to have more than just your CB's who can be dominating in the air.

Maddison and Tielemans both have goals and assists in their game and I feel Ndidi is perfect for them as he gives them both a license to attack and one of the reasons why Ndidi has thrived under BR is he gives Ndidi more opportunity to do what he's good at rather than Puel who had him alongside Mendy and made both look clueless offensively and teams could nullify Maddison much easier. 

Hopefully Silva will leave for a half decent fee this summer, we don't need 30 yo bench players on big salaries. 

Edited by Gerard

Even with his reported 80k wages I’d have thought Silva ought to be worth 10m. On a more reasonable 40k you’d think he’d be worth 15m - 18m. With three years left on his contract that’s a subsidy of 6m required leaving a net worth around the 10m mark.

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Even with his reported 80k wages I’d have thought Silva ought to be worth 10m. On a more reasonable 40k you’d think he’d be worth 15m - 18m. With three years left on his contract that’s a subsidy of 6m required leaving a net worth around the 10m mark.

The lads 30 now, truth is he’s probably got 2 more years of his prime before he starts declining. This means the likelihood is a club will give him a 2 year contract. £10m equates to £5m a year that’s without wages. From a business perspective A) Silva simply isn’t worth that type of investment. B) He is practically no resale value which clubs like Monaco usually look for.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

...He's a quality player and it's up to Brendan to make him work.

I'd agree his is a decent player, I was just disagreeing with he statement at he looked quality at time, as could remember a time when he did playing for us.

I think Brendan will not even been bothering, I think he'll be moved on.

13 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I think Iheanacho is going to come good :P No reason to think this 'call it a gut feeling' but there was a reason he was being subbed on at Man Cty and why Pep put in that silly clause in his sell on fee. He is still super young and a few years from his prime, its basically upto him to get into the squad and make a name for himself. Its also one of the reasons i dont see BR buying in another out and out striker. 

If pep rated him then he wouldnt have got sold.

Perez is the replacement, nacho is now #3 striker probably.

10 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

The lads 30 now, truth is he’s probably got 2 more years of his prime before he starts declining. This means the likelihood is a club will give him a 2 year contract. £10m equates to £5m a year that’s without wages. From a business perspective A) Silva simply isn’t worth that type of investment. B) He is practically no resale value which clubs like Monaco usually look for.

I think that's spot on. Knowing now what he's like,  I don't think I'd even want him here on a free for those wages, he'd never get in the side. Likewise I don't think any of the newly promoted sides would take him. Our only hope is France or Portugal and they've potentially got even less money to waste. Therein lies the problem. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Royston. said:

Admitting defeat and selling him for 1 million would surely make more sense than keeping him on the wage bill.

Or we could sell him for what he's actually worth and get him off the wage bill... Clubs would cue up to buy him at £10m! A champions league quality player, Portugal national team regular (until recently), Euros winner and now proven to be a good player in ligue 1. And don't forget we got £10m for iborra and £15m for musa. These players that don't work out for us still hold some value. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Or we could sell him for what he's actually worth and get him off the wage bill... Clubs would cue up to buy him at £10m! A champions league quality player, Portugal national team regular (until recently), Euros winner and now proven to be a good player in ligue 1. And don't forget we got £10m for iborra and £15m for musa. These players that don't work out for us still hold some value. 

I admire your optimism but think outside of the UK, most teams would baulk at an 80,000 weekly wage bill plus 10m. He's not what he was when he came here, that's history. He's now deteriorated and 30yrs of age with no resale value. Nobody wants him seemingly here and Monaco, who were the last ones to see him play seemingly don't want him either.

5 hours ago, Royston. said:

Admitting defeat and selling him for 1 million would surely make more sense than keeping him on the wage bill.

agreed but making a loss on ANYTHING is a bitter pill for the King power conglomerate to swallow.... they probably won’t want to make that big a loss...

2 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Champions league quality ?

6 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Champions league quality ?

14 games 3 goals 1 assist in the champions league. Fun fact, he's played more minutes in the champions league than he has in the Premier league. Also, can't say this is 100% fact but he was most likely captaining his team in those 14 appearances. 

1 hour ago, Billy Big Balls said:

14 games 3 goals 1 assist in the champions league. Fun fact, he's played more minutes in the champions league than he has in the Premier league. Also, can't say this is 100% fact but he was most likely captaining his team in those 14 appearances. 

If he was champions league quality he wouldn’t have been struggling to make the bench for us half of last season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Big Balls said:

To be fair, there are players who turn out for fishing villages in Iceland who’ve played tons of  CL minutes. It’s all meaningless. He wasn’t good enough in any of the minutes he spent on the pitch in an LCFC shirt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

If he was champions league quality he wouldn’t have been struggling to make the bench for us half of last season 

Mr Puel was a big fan of 2 defensive midfielders and Silva isn't a no. 10 so he had no place in the squad. He's been done by a manager change there as it was Shakespeare that signed him. 

9 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

To be fair, there are players who turn out for fishing villages in Iceland who’ve played tons of  CL minutes. It’s all meaningless. He wasn’t good enough in any of the minutes he spent on the pitch in an LCFC shirt. 

Very true, "champions league quality" is a very vague term and I probably shouldn't have used it because it is completely up to interpretation.

As for not being good enough in the minutes he's played, he's played 849 minutes in the Premier league since we signed him. He never played for the manager that signed him due to the infamous 14 seconds (could be wrong on that), then a new manager came in that didn't want to use a player of his style. 

For the record I'm not a massive fan myself, I'm just trying to add some balance to a thread that has turned into a very 'anti-silva' wankfest. His wages are way too high for someone who will be a rotation player for us but he's not a bad player by any means. I actually think playing in a midfield 3 with ndidi covering behind he might do well under Rodgers. I'm happy if he stays or goes. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Mr Puel was a big fan of 2 defensive midfielders and Silva isn't a no. 10 so he had no place in the squad. He's been done by a manager change there as it was Shakespeare that signed him. 

Very true, "champions league quality" is a very vague term and I probably shouldn't have used it because it is completely up to interpretation.

As for not being good enough in the minutes he's played, he's played 849 minutes in the Premier league since we signed him. He never played for the manager that signed him due to the infamous 14 seconds (could be wrong on that), then a new manager came in that didn't want to use a player of his style. 

For the record I'm not a massive fan myself, I'm just trying to add some balance to a thread that has turned into a very 'anti-silva' wankfest. His wages are way too high for someone who will be a rotation player for us but he's not a bad player by any means. I actually think playing in a midfield 3 with ndidi covering behind he might do well under Rodgers. I'm happy if he stays or goes. 

Not having a go at you - admirable sentiments on your part. But we are spunking £80wk up the wall on someone who isn’t anywhere near the standard he needs to be to earn that money. The sooner he is gone, the better for everyone including the player. His accountant may cry, but I don’t think anyone else will. 

• Like 2