Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I might  be wrong but I think that team is in Leuvens league.... that really is a shocking result whatever squad youve put out. 

They will be next year yeah they got relegated. 

But we've had some terrible friendly results over the years it really doesn't mean a lot. 

3 hours ago, Frost said:

Percy's latest article stated he's been told he can move on. Not included on the training camp (didn't even realise).

Slimani and Diabate have been told they can go as well. No surprise.

Well at least Diabate cost thruppence ha’penny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine we didn't know Silva at all but then bought him tonight for £25m - We'd all be questioning why we needed another midfielder but nevertheless be excited about him. Let's give him a clean slate and a fresh start. If I was him or his agent I'd being trying mega hard to make it work at Leicester.  To be fair at times he looked quality and now he's leaned more about us he'll only be stronger. 

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Imagine we didn't know Silva at all but then bought him tonight for £25m - We'd all be questioning why we needed another midfielder but nevertheless be excited about him. Let's give him a clean slate and a fresh start. If I was him or his agent I'd being trying mega hard to make it work at Leicester.  To be fair at times he looked quality and now he's leaned more about us he'll only be stronger. 

But at the same time, his 80k wage is huge.  Would you want him to start ahead of Wilf, Youri, Maddison, Hamza or even Mendy? 

He's not a bad player, clearly talented to be where he is. Probably with more time he'd maybe get a chance and would do better in a middle 3 rather than a 'double pivot'. But the fact he isn't in France with us, his wage and the events with his arrival in the club its maybe the best to give him that clean slate elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I’m not sure I once saw him look quality. He ran on stylishly for his debut late on against Huddersfield. Sadly I will always remember him in the 5-0 defeat at Palace literally being brushed off the ball time after time

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Can't remember a single game where he was quality.

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Respect what you wrote and in my heart i feel the same. But regarding the bolded part, i dont recall him ever looking 'quality' ... there was one game he did well in, but wasnt that against non PL opponents? 

There are times that certain players dont fit in with certain clubs and it doesnt mean they are bad players but for me i feel Silva is one of them for LCFC .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But at the same time, his 80k wage is huge.  Would you want him to start ahead of Wilf, Youri, Maddison, Hamza or even Mendy? 

He's not a bad player, clearly talented to be where he is. Probably with more time he'd maybe get a chance and would do better in a middle 3 rather than a 'double pivot'. But the fact he isn't in France with us, his wage and the events with his arrival in the club its maybe the best to give him that clean slate elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I’m not sure I once saw him look quality. He ran on stylishly for his debut late on against Huddersfield. Sadly I will always remember him in the 5-0 defeat at Palace literally being brushed off the ball time after time

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't remember a single game where he was quality.

...He's a quality player and it's up to Brendan to make him work.

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Respect what you wrote and in my heart i feel the same. But regarding the bolded part, i dont recall him ever looking 'quality' ... there was one game he did well in, but wasnt that against non PL opponents? 

There are times that certain players dont fit in with certain clubs and it doesnt mean they are bad players but for me i feel Silva is one of them for LCFC .

With better players in midfield around him he might have a new lease of life. 

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The bit you want to highlight is the fact its reported he isn't in France with the squad. Which would suggest Brendan doesn't fancy using him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Collymore said:

With better players in midfield around him he might have a new lease of life. 

'Might' being the optimal word here... Dont get me wrong i think he is a great player i just dont think he fits. If Brendan thinks and wants to keep him then ill go with the flow, would be ecstatic to be proven wrong but based on what ive seen, i'd rather sell. Best for him and best for us. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

The bit you want to highlight is the fact its reported he isn't in France with the squad. Which would suggest Brendan doesn't fancy using him. 

Sorry I should have said originally I meant if he happened to still be with us at the start of the season.

If he gets sold in the mean time then fair play.

Just didn't want an 80k PW man sat on the bench with so much to offer...

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Sorry I should have said originally I meant if he happened to still be with us at the start of the season.

Agreed! :schmike:

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

In which case, fully agree.

If he's with us we may as well utilise him or at least give him game time and see if he can offer something. But, I feel like there was a rumour around extra appearances triggering additional payments to sporting 

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

'Might' being the optimal word here... Dont get me wrong i think he is a great player i just dont think he fits. If Brendan thinks and wants to keep him then ill go with the flow, would be ecstatic to be proven wrong but based on what ive seen, i'd rather sell. Best for him and best for us. 

There's so many dynamics.

I see the other squad players perhaps looking at him and thinking "why does he deserve another chance" but then I see "wow, he was guy that never gived up and it can always happen, never say it's the end"

I just want every player for us to well whilst they're under contract.. 

Secretly Nacho too but really fear he's doomed!

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Maybe he'd be quality in a different league, but based on his time here, I can't see it. He won't get the time he needs on the ball in the PL. He's not cut out for it.

When you consider his age and his £80k a week wages, it seems a no-brainer to try to shift him. We'd be much better off letting him go and replacing him with a younger version - better suited to the league, cheaper wages and happy to be a squad player.

Someone on here said that if he plays another game for us, we'll owe Sporting a £5m appearances fee, as well. Can anyone confirm this? If that's true, then I think there's no chance he'll play for us again.

• Like 2