Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Teenagers are never grateful. Ever. Not unless they are opening it or actually at the checkout. It’s not till they get into their late twenties that they have any comprehension of adult sacrifices for them - especially parents. 

Have you considered poisoning at all as an option?

Well, some are worse than others. I blame the guy who was nominally in charge of them, they reflect him. Anyway, we're off topic.

Adrien Silva, what an utter disgrace, eh?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If Rodgers is willing to give him a chance I cannot see any harm in that, I would sooner offload the likes of King and James (good servants) they need to move on for the sake of their careers.

We have several far better midfielders, why would we want to leave one of those out and potentially lose a game just to 'give him a chance'? He's had his chances and clearly didn't impress Rodgers much in training or we wouldn't be trying to offload him. The sooner he's gone the better for him and us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We have several far better midfielders, why would we want to leave one of those out and potentially lose a game just to 'give him a chance'? He's had his chances and clearly didn't impress Rodgers much in training or we wouldn't be trying to offload him. The sooner he's gone the better for him and us.

I might be wrong but has Rodgers seen him train? He was at Monaco when Rodgers came in and hasn't got back for preseason training yet. Also are we actually TRYING to offload him or were we just offering him to Monaco in the hope of guarenteeing Tielemans? It's not like we're offering him to everyone and their nan. 

I would guess we wanted to make him part of the Monaco deal for Tielemans, but our valuation was too high, so Monaco said no.

Cannot imagine Silva would turn  down the move unless the wages was the blocker.

But guessing about things above my pay grade :dunno:

Rogers hasn’t seen him ‘in training’, but from what I hear, he is very thorough, so he’ll know all about him. I hope he keeps him, personally. Tielemans, Silva, Ndidi, Choudhury are the best four options we’ve ever had for CM surely? I can’t think of a better four we’ve had at the same time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Rogers hasn’t seen him ‘in training’, but from what I hear, he is very thorough, so he’ll know all about him. I hope he keeps him, personally. Tielemans, Silva, Ndidi, Choudhury are the best four options we’ve ever had for CM surely? I can’t think of a better four we’ve had at the same time?

I can't remember Silva ever playing well here though. He's probably fine for the Spanish or French leagues, mind.

• Like 2

The great unknown here is, we have no idea what Rogers thinks of Silva.  Maybe he thinks he can be a big plus, and is trying to convince him it's a new day and to give LCFC another chance.  Maybe he thinks he can't cut it in the PL and just wants to move on.  That's a huge variable in the equation.  

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Lennon, Izzett, Savage and .... Er ..... hmmm .... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I might be wrong but has Rodgers seen him train? He was at Monaco when Rodgers came in and hasn't got back for preseason training yet. Also are we actually TRYING to offload him or were we just offering him to Monaco in the hope of guarenteeing Tielemans? It's not like we're offering him to everyone and their nan. 

Tbh not sure now on the first one now you mention it, thought he had but not sure. Nevertheless, we still have better as he's a poor poor player in the premiership. If we're not touting him to everyone and his nan we should be,  he's a waste of a squad place and wages. If it's true it's telling that Monaco don't even want him at a knock down price.

35 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

His house in Countesthorpe is for sale, I don't know if he rented it or owned it but it's now on the market

https://www.frankinnes.co.uk/buy/property/5-bedroom-detached-house-in-countesthorpe,le8-ref-4917197/

9 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

He's supposedly on £80k p/w at the minute so it'll be hard to find a club willing to pay him close to that. I've heard that's what's putting off Monaco. Then again, if he wants to leave he'll just have to sacrifice some money for the good of his career. 

Yeah, feel less sorry for him now. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

If they were fit I'd pick Mendy and James every time before Silva which is what Puel did and did it for good reason. It matters not what Silva has done previously either in Portugal or for his national. The important thing is that he's been absolutely gash here and can't cope with the pace or physicality. He has no redeeming features. To say we've not had a better four is purely imaginative or wishful thinking. There's a good reason why he's not been picked, it's not personal or vindictive. More than one of our professional managers and coaching staff are surely not all crap at their jobs when watching him every day and still not picking him. You clearly see something they don't however. I fail to see it also sadly. His age and wages however, not unlike Slimani are going to make it nigh on impossible to shift him even at half price. I don't see any newly promoted Premiership clubs rushing in for his experience and masterful performances do you? 

• Thanks 1