Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

I really feel sorry for the guy. The whole saga was a catastrophe. He's a very good player and I wish we'd seen more of him in a blue shirt. But these things happen in football and it's a no brainer when it's a choice between him and Tielemans. 

Good luck to him though. Hopefully signs with a good team in Europe and can get himself back into the Portugal squad.

• Like 1

I'm still not 100% convinced he's not with us next season.  If he doesn't wind up at Monaco it could easily happen.  It'd be interesting to see if all the geniuses who've decided he's a hack give him a fair shake.

3 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’d keep him. Could be a very good player for us. Him and tielmans for the number 8 position is very good!

I certainly don't think we should be desperate to sell him unless he has completely given up on his time at Leicester. He would be good cover for Tielemans and Maddison. We don't have any other creative midfielders.

I think we've gotta look at selling him assuming we get Tielemans. We have too many midfielders as is and we're lumbered with King and James until their contracts run out. At least it's actually possible to find a buyer for Silva.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I think we've gotta look at selling him assuming we get Tielemans. We have too many midfielders as is and we're lumbered with King and James until their contracts run out. At least it's actually possible to find a buyer for Silva.

I think it is a mistake to talk about generic midfielders. We have a lot of defensive midfielders, we only have one creative midfielder, Maddison, hopefully two if Tielemans re-signs. If Silva does leave, which would probably be the best move for him, we would have to replace him.

6 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’d keep him. Could be a very good player for us. Him and tielmans for the number 8 position is very good!

Really have to disagree on this, when he played for us he didn't seem physical enough for a box to box midfielder and wasn't as good as N'didi, Hamza or Mendy. He has to moved on or we have to move on Mendy.

• Like 2

He either wants to go to monaco or he doesn't. If we negotiate a deal with himself going the other way then the call would go to him to ask if he'd like to go, there'd be little point of calling him to warn him he might be part of a deal if he isn't.

Guest SO1

Football isn't like American sports is it? Hardly ever see players traded for other players in football. Seems simpler to negotiate contracts separately.    ??????

Just now, SO1 said:

Football isn't like American sports is it? Hardly ever see players traded for other players in football. Seems simpler to negotiate contracts separately.    ??????

Sounds like we maybe doing that ...

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

Years ago, and I'm a bit hazy on details (help me out here guys), Arsenal signed a player (Clive Allen?) simply so they could swap him for another they wanted (Kenny Sansom?) As I recall, there was some beef between Allen's club (QPR?) and the club who had the player Arsenal really wanted (Palace?) so Palace (?) couldn't deal directly with QPR (?) to buy Allen (?). So Arsenal bought Allen (?) (who never played a game for them) and almost immediately swapped him for Sansom (?).

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Years ago, and I'm a bit hazy on details (help me out here guys), Arsenal signed a player (Clive Allen?) simply so they could swap him for another they wanted (Kenny Sansom?) As I recall, there was some beef between Allen's club (QPR?) and the club who had the player Arsenal really wanted (Palace?) so Palace (?) couldn't deal directly with QPR (?) to buy Allen (?). So Arsenal bought Allen (?) (who never played a game for them) and almost immediately swapped him for Sansom (?).

A lot of ??? In that Buce lol  

Guest SO1
45 minutes ago, Buce said:

lol

Like I say, I'm hazy on the details.

50 minutes ago, Buce said:

Thanks! Glad we got that sorted. Just make sure to keep that firewall between politics and football or I'm doomed. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I think it is a mistake to talk about generic midfielders. We have a lot of defensive midfielders, we only have one creative midfielder, Maddison, hopefully two if Tielemans re-signs. If Silva does leave, which would probably be the best move for him, we would have to replace him.

My point is more that our squad is far too big and Silva unlike many of the other deadwood is someone we actually can move on permanently. And I doubt we'd need to replace him, having 3 creative midfielders is overkill. If we're unfortunate enough to lose the first two to injury then wel just have to jig our formation accordingly.

Good riddance .Rumoured to be on a huge wedge and doesn’t suite the premier league . Apart from a few neat little touches he looked like a complete fish out of water . I am not suggesting he’s a poor player just doesn’t suit the Prem 

• Like 2