Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Adrien Silva

On 09/07/2019 at 22:30, Collymore said:

Imagine we didn't know Silva at all but then bought him tonight for £25m - We'd all be questioning why we needed another midfielder but nevertheless be excited about him. Let's give him a clean slate and a fresh start. If I was him or his agent I'd being trying mega hard to make it work at Leicester.  To be fair at times he looked quality and now he's leaned more about us he'll only be stronger. 

.....just like Slimani, we keep asking for him to be part of the team!

Silva does not fit, we all know by now his short comings.....why we keep rehashing the same idea, I do not know. 

His best option is to take a drop in his wages and move on. I suspect that this was the big drawback in his dealings with Monaco.

• Like 1

Looking at what he has said in the french media we honestly need to ship him out as soon as possible. 

Its clear he has no future and it will not benefit him, personally or professionally to stay any longer. He is struggling to adapt to the English game and appears desperate to leave. 

I cant see him being named in the first team squad this season either.

As far as I am concerned he has gone.

Edited by wokinghamfox
  • Like 1

Cut our losses and get rid- then, that it one more dead tree felled.  Next one Slimani.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Cut our losses and get rid- then, that its one more dead tree felled.  Next one Slimani.

it can't be good having a first teams squad with disaffected characters on the fringe.  Write off the errors and move on...we lost the money when we signed him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/adrien-silva-desperate-quit-leicester-3083328

quite simply hasn’t worked out for him, hasn’t settled on or off the pitch. Come to an agreement and let him move on. No malice, just one of those things 

It’s a shame, because I think he could be a valuable player for us and if he goes, we need to spend on a replacement. But I can’t say as I blame him. We bungled his transfer and cost him half a season of his career. We refused to let the manager use him because of a contract clause. All in all he’s been screwed royally and if he figures his best bet is to start over somewhere else, I hope he’s able to do that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It’s a shame, because I think he could be a valuable player for us and if he goes, we need to spend on a replacement. But I can’t say as I blame him. We bungled his transfer and cost him half a season of his career. We refused to let the manager use him because of a contract clause. All in all he’s been screwed royally and if he figures his best bet is to start over somewhere else, I hope he’s able to do that.

We don't know if that's completely true, it's just whats been suggested.

Also we weren't the only issue in his transfer to us, the Sporting president reportedly changed the fee or something just as we were completing it. 

If he hasn't settled as well then it won't be helpful for his game either. The prem seemed too quick and physical for him, but he probably would've adapted to a better system over time. Who knows.

3 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Does he rank in the worst signings we have ever made?. Must be close

Why do we have to consistently try to figure out whose our worst signing? 

The same things pop up in the Nacho thread or when talking about Slimani. Can't we just accept that the transfers didn't work rather than trying to rank them in order of shitness every other day. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Why do we have to consistently try to figure out whose our worst signing? 

The same things pop up in the Nacho thread or when talking about Slimani. Can't we just accept that the transfers didn't work rather than trying to rank them in order of shitness every other day. 

Fair shout.

I have to say in the Mercury piece he comes across very eloquently. Very far removed for the stereotypical monosyllabic footballer. I guess the game is changing though - more and more footballers are talking about the mental health challenges they face. And hearing a top flight footballer talking about their emotional stability would have been unheard of ten years ago. This surely is all a good thing?

I hope he sorts something out soon and moves on. I wish him and his family well. I think sometimes as fans we are all blinded by our loyalty to the badge and the fact that these guys that turn up to play for our team are on mega-bucks. We forget the human inside the shirt. That said I was at Selhurst where he handed his shirt over to a Palace fan. After that performance - talk about p*ss-take!

(And why the fook' don't we get stories like this directly from the Mercury? They're quoting a French based media outlet for a story about their city's team and a LCFC player. What the fook' do Mercury journos' do all day?)   

1 hour ago, wokinghamfox said:

Does he rank in the worst signings we have ever made?. Must be close

To try and really put a positive spin on a bad situation if he hadn't gone on loan to Monaco it would not have set off the chain of events for us to have signed Tielemans. If it wasn't for that then he would certainly be close.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1884FoxInTheBox said:

Portuguese* fan in the home seats?

still a piss-take .....

I like the guy - I was really excited when we signed him and I am sure he is a very talented footbaIler. And wolves have proved what technically gifted portuguese footballers can bring to this league.

If he stays, I am sure he is a Pro and will just knuckle down and work hard. But for Silva & LCFC ..... I just don't think the stars have been aligned. 

(Oh and that Portuguese* fan story stank of hastily arranged PR to appease the angry masses .....

like I say  ..... stars just not aligned. Shame)

7 minutes ago, swanlee said:

still a piss-take .....

I like the guy - I was really excited when we signed him and I am sure he is a very talented footbaIler. And wolves have proved what technically gifted portuguese footballers can bring to this league.

If he stays, I am sure he is a Pro and will just knuckle down and work hard. But for Silva & LCFC ..... I just don't think the stars have been aligned. 

(Oh and that Portuguese* fan story stank of hastily arranged PR to appease the angry masses .....

Meh, believe whatever you want to mate

13 minutes ago, swanlee said:

still a piss-take .....

I was at that game too.. ugh. with a hangover!

I think the issue was that Vardy came over to say sorry basically, as did Dragovic..  Then Silva came over.. again, to big cheers, and in the stand we thought that he thought the home fans were in that end so there was a lot of "over here" calls etc. Then it turned to fury when it appeared he'd handed it over to a Palace/Portuguese fan. I personally wouldn't have done it, and at the time it annoyed me, but I guess he didn't see that it would cause problems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cameron Davidson said:

I was at that game too.. ugh. with a hangover!

I think the issue was that Vardy came over to say sorry basically, as did Dragovic..  Then Silva came over.. again, to big cheers, and in the stand we thought that he thought the home fans were in that end so there was a lot of "over here" calls etc. Then it turned to fury when it appeared he'd handed it over to a Palace/Portuguese fan. I personally wouldn't have done it, and at the time it annoyed me, but I guess he didn't see that it would cause problems. 

tbh I don't think i was that angry - just in a state of disbelief. He barely acknowledged us as he trudged towards the Palace end. None of us could see the Bandeira das Quinas or hand-written sign asking for his shirt that were apparently on display behind the goal. He handed over his shirt, shook some hands and trudged back to the dressing room. Him turning round to applaud the Leicester fans was almost an afterthought. And it was then that there was a shite-storm of venom directed at him.

What can I say - it been a shocking collective performance. What some would call a typical Puel performance. Without impacting the game too much (no one did) Silva had kinda' run around midfield chasing the ball a lot. 

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - he was knackered, disappointed and the brain just weren't right thinking straight.       

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, 1884FoxInTheBox said:

Meh, believe whatever you want to mate

I'm not saying it weren't true .... just that within the club it was felt there was a need to explain, and explain quickly, exactly why he did what he did. 

Edited by swanlee

9 minutes ago, swanlee said:

tbh I don't think i was that angry - just in a state of disbelief. He barely acknowledged us as he trudged towards the Palace end. None of could see the Bandeira das Quinas or hand-written sign asking for his shirt that were apparently on display behind the goal. He handed over his shirt, shook some hands and trudged back to the dressing room. Him turning round to applaud the Leicester fans was almost an afterthought. And it was then that there was a shite-storm of venom directed at him.

What can I say - it been a shocking collective performance. What some would call a typical Puel performance. Without impacting the game too much (no one did) Silva had kinda' run around midfield chasing the ball a lot. 

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - he was knackered, disappointed and the brain just weren't right thinking straight.       

Agreed. The first 20 mins (once we actually were allowed through the bloody gates!!!!) were actually ok.. then it completely fell apart. Maguire at centre midfield anyone?? I really wanted Silva to take that game by the scruff of the neck. Just didn't happen. Same at Newcastle at home, that was disappointing. It is made worse by the absolutely brilliant cameo against Huddersfield for his first game. Looked a world beater!

Edited by Cameron Davidson

On 10/07/2019 at 12:52, volpeazzurro said:

I think that's spot on. Knowing now what he's like,  I don't think I'd even want him here on a free for those wages, he'd never get in the side. Likewise I don't think any of the newly promoted sides would take him. Our only hope is France or Portugal and they've potentially got even less money to waste. Therein lies the problem. 

Imo a loan to sporting with a view to a permanent deal is going to be the most likely outcome.

On 12/07/2019 at 08:58, Monsell1976 said:

Do feel for the guy, the odds where stacked against him from literally the first seconds, forget the not being able to play for 6 months, but the managerial Merry go  round, signing for a manager that wants you, to a couple after that doesn’t.

Don’t agree with some that he’s shite, you don’t become a bad player over night, like slim, it’s not worked for numerous reasons.

I hope they both get the moves they want, and there careers need, wish them well

Great post. Well said mate.

• Like 1