Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

11 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

For the record, my post in the old thread saying it’ll never reach 150 pages wasn’t a challenge to posters and wasn’t a hint to the mods.

It was because I had on good authority that the deal had progressed to a point where I thought it had finally crossed the line.

It hasn’t, but it will. The Perez aperitif was a pleasant and welcome one  (and opportunist on the back of the departure of a guy half of you wanted as manager who left a poor club for China, as opposed to the guy we got who left a big club mid championship win for us)

Real ambition being shown here by the board, the manager and his support staff (Bravo Congers and Rudkin). YT next week and more to follow.

This is a ridiculous question to ask on many levels, and probably impossible to answer, but are we in a financial position to be buying this big? With the training ground as well, it feels to me like we could almost be going too far with this potential spend. Maybe it's the memory of administration playing with me, but surely we cant afford all this with the likes of Slimani, Silva, King and James all still on our books..?

P.s.thanks for the info and reassurances! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

This is a ridiculous question to ask on many levels, and probably impossible to answer, but are we in a financial position to be buying this big? With the training ground as well, it feels to me like we could almost be going too far with this potential spend. Maybe it's the memory of administration playing with me, but surely we cant afford all this with the likes of Slimani, Silva, King and James all still on our books..?

Less worried about finances and more worried about the possible disruptive effect of too many incoming, and too large a squad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

Have to take into consideration the assets we have too though, with the likes of Maguire, Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo.. etc etc! I don't think it would ever have to come to selling all our stars, but we have some serious money tied up in the squad. I also believe that Maguire is going to go in this window for around the £80million mark and that balances the books nicely in terms of ins and outs this window

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Less worried about finances and more worried about the possible disruptive effect of too many incoming, and too large a squad.

Only signed 2 players so far! Tielemans hopefully our 3rd. Not sure I am buying into the striker bids, so could be just the 3 new signings this window with a handful going out too. I actually think and hope we will see more outgoings towards the end of the window and so squad balance could be even better than last season

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Have to take into consideration the assets we have too though, with the likes of Maguire, Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo.. etc etc! I don't think it would ever have to come to selling all our stars, but we have some serious money tied up in the squad. I also believe that Maguire is going to go in this window for around the £80million mark and that balances the books nicely in terms of ins and outs this window

I wonder if the LCFC accounts consider the expected market value of the players when calculating the club's assets, i.e. would an increase in the value of these 'assets' contribute to the club's profit.

6 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

IN Justin - OUT Simpson

IN Perez - OUT Okazaki

Assuming Tielemans signs, he was already here the last 6 months of the season anyway and the players clearly love him.  

I'd imagine there are a number of players at the club who know they are likely to be moved on too.  

IN Tielemans - OUT King?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Doesn't seem to say anything new but it seems like a slow day so thought I'd post this link.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/monaco-accept-they-must-sell-youri-tielemans-to-leicester-4287643#popup-sso

Hoping the Silva situation is resolved soon so we can sign Tielemans and give him most of pre season with us.

"Le 10 Sport says Leicester have triggered the €45m option in their deal and despite rival interest, Tielemans is eager to make the move."

I didn't think there was an option to buy in the loan agreement? Not sure if I would trust an article that makes a mistake like this while actually saying nothing useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a feeling the fee of around £40million has been agreed and Tielemans happy to come, but just a matter of negotiating how we pay it, in terms of up front, instalments, add-ons, sell on clauses etc etc. Shame it is dragging on but likely to happen when you have such a large sum involved. Hopefully positive news coming soon. I reckon by early next week, it may all be done! :please: 

11 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Not sure it's that big a deal if he misses a few days. He knows the squad and how we play.

Agree. It's more the fitness work he could miss out on. It took him a while when he joined to last a full 90 minutes. I know professional footballers have Summer fitness programmes, but the hard work put in to the first few weeks often has an impact.

18 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Not sure it's that big a deal if he misses a few days. He knows the squad and how we play.

He could turn up 5 mins before we play Wolves and would still run the fcukin show. I however, for my sanity and everyone elses hope he joins training this weekend. Just pay the money, i'm bemused now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He could turn up 5 mins before we play Wolves and would still run the fcukin show. I however, for my sanity and everyone elses hope he joins training this weekend. Just pay the money, i'm bemused now.

I get the impression the fee is done... I would think it would be sell on clauses or buy out clauses that are still being pushed around.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Agree. It's more the fitness work he could miss out on. It took him a while when he joined to last a full 90 minutes. I know professional footballers have Summer fitness programmes, but the hard work put in to the first few weeks often has an impact.

I see Deli Alli’s summer fitness plans are going well ????

56 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I wonder if the LCFC accounts consider the expected market value of the players when calculating the club's assets, i.e. would an increase in the value of these 'assets' contribute to the club's profit.

This is a valid point you make. I don't know why people worry about the Clubs financial position. The Owners have hardly put a foot wrong either on or off the pitch.

The model seems to be to buy good young talent with promise, improve them, keep the best ones and move the others on still at a profit.

The value of the squad has certainly risen substantially using this model as it's pretty fool-proof. When you consider the Club was bought pretty much for 1 or 2 of Maguires Toes.

It's also reassuring to know that the new Training Ground could be paid for by Maguires Transfer alone. A facility that will be used and last long after Maguire finishes playing.

We then have a few others in a similar price bracket should the need arise, which it won't as we have no Debt and plenty of cash available to meet any unforeseen circumstances. 

The profile works perfectly once you have the patience to allow it evolve, Thankfully we have the Owners with the money and knowhow to make it happen.

So to answer your question, Yes it would contribute to the Asset value of the Club if needed, But I think the Balance sheet only reflects the purchase value of the squad.

Here's the weird thing it's probably amortized year on year. When in reality some player values will continue to rise.

But I'm sure some of our financial savvy posters will be able to elaborate more.