Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

16 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Youri was on vacation and other clubs were interested. But like other credible folks and sources have said, it looks like we’ve got our man. 

And it’s only the first week of July. 

Thanks for the reassuring words - 

I'm hoping that the hold up is just due to the creation of one of the most extravagant player reveal videos ever made!

• Haha 2

Fact is Monaco want to sell to the highest bidder, so whether we're Youri's first choice or not is irrelevant. Monaco know that if they want a sale they've got us ready to go for £30-45m. But why should they rush into things if a bigger club gets desperate later in the window and offers £50m+?

Similarly, we could 'simply' bid £40m+ to secure him now, but we're possibly wary of overpaying, when a lower fee could eventually prove successful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Fact is Monaco want to sell to the highest bidder, so whether we're Youri's first choice or not is irrelevant. Monaco know that if they want a sale they've got us ready to go for £30-45m. But why should they rush into things if a bigger club gets desperate later in the window and offers £50m+?

Similarly, we could 'simply' bid £40m+ to secure him now, but we're possibly wary of overpaying, when a lower fee could eventually prove successful. 

Same good be said for Perez, but we did not wish to wait (Rob has said we could have got him for less, but didn`t want to wait) - I would have thought this would have been true for Youri also

17 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Yes I get that and like others have added, we simply just don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors. I’m sure the club are doing what they can to sign him and Monaco know he’s hot property so will try and cash in as much as possible.

I just hope for my sanity and the player’s sake that they don’t drag this transfer on deep into July just in the hope that another club enters the bidding!:sweating:

Get ready for a loonnngggg July bud!

5 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Thanks for the reassuring words - 

I'm hoping that the hold up is just due to the creation of one of the most extravagant player reveal videos ever made!

I want a five-minute car chase scene with explosions everywhere!

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I want a five-minute car chase scene with explosions everywhere!

I just mentioned in the AP welcome thread about them all being cringe and that one will probably be of someone jumping out of a plane with a mask on.

Maybe we can get idris to play the role of tielemans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s not coming. I heard it was either Pérez or Tielemans, and we’ve now got our man 

Might as well have said Tielemans or Dunk lol