Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Here's the weird thing it's probably amortized year on year. When in reality some player values will continue to rise.

So the fact that we are locking these players into long term contracts is good accounting practice as well as good business sense, i.e. we are amortising over a longer period. We may not actually have to sell to record a profit.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

This is a valid point you make. I don't know why people worry about the Clubs financial position. The Owners have hardly put a foot wrong either on or off the pitch.

The model seems to be to buy good young talent with promise, improve them, keep the best ones and move the others on still at a profit.

The value of the squad has certainly risen substantially using this model as it's pretty fool-proof. When you consider the Club was bought pretty much for 1 or 2 of Maguires Toes.

It's also reassuring to know that the new Training Ground could be paid for by Maguires Transfer alone. A facility that will be used and last long after Maguire finishes playing.

We then have a few others in a similar price bracket should the need arise, which it won't as we have no Debt and plenty of cash available to meet any unforeseen circumstances. 

The profile works perfectly once you have the patience to allow it evolve, Thankfully we have the Owners with the money and knowhow to make it happen.

So to answer your question, Yes it would contribute to the Asset value of the Club if needed, But I think the Balance sheet only reflects the purchase value of the squad.

Here's the weird thing it's probably amortized year on year. When in reality some player values will continue to rise.

But I'm sure some of our financial savvy posters will be able to elaborate more.

Youve nailed it. My simple answer to the original question would be - no, that's not how accounts work, and then your answer elaborates on that correctly.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

So the fact that we are locking these players into long term contracts is good accounting practice as well as good business sense, i.e. we are amortising over a longer period. We may not actually have to sell to record a profit.

Yes that's pretty much it. The downside is when you sign players/contracts that don't deliver. Like Slimani, Kelechi, James, You then most likely have to sell at a loss. But it's only the loss amount that affects the club, And is usually wrote off over a few years.

21 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

This is a valid point you make. I don't know why people worry about the Clubs financial position. The Owners have hardly put a foot wrong either on or off the pitch.

The model seems to be to buy good young talent with promise, improve them, keep the best ones and move the others on still at a profit.

The value of the squad has certainly risen substantially using this model as it's pretty fool-proof. When you consider the Club was bought pretty much for 1 or 2 of Maguires Toes.

It's also reassuring to know that the new Training Ground could be paid for by Maguires Transfer alone. A facility that will be used and last long after Maguire finishes playing.

We then have a few others in a similar price bracket should the need arise, which it won't as we have no Debt and plenty of cash available to meet any unforeseen circumstances. 

The profile works perfectly once you have the patience to allow it evolve, Thankfully we have the Owners with the money and knowhow to make it happen.

So to answer your question, Yes it would contribute to the Asset value of the Club if needed, But I think the Balance sheet only reflects the purchase value of the squad.

But I'm sure some of our financial savvy posters will be able to elaborate more.

We just took out a £100million pound loan/debt and Maguire is still here and we have already spend a fair sum this window on 2 players with the potential of another £40m on Tielemans and maybe even another player after that, which could all add up to the Maguire fee alone. So although I believe we will be fine, we are still no Man City and should always keep an eye on balancing the books. I think we forget sometimes that yes King Power is very wealthy, but as with many owners of companies, their wealth is tied up in assets and sometimes it is quite surprising how little cash the owners have available to them. 

I wouldn't say the owners haven't put a foot wrong either and the model after winning the league seemed to be, spend big on players coming towards their 30s and/or with no experience in the League. Obviously, they weren't to know that Slimani, Silva and Musa etc would be such huge flops, but does show that they do get things wrong, similar to the Sven era! Not to mention the amount of Managers we have been through. 

Thankfully, they seem to be learning from these experiences, and this new direction they have us on and the Manager they have brought in, really fills me with a lot of confidence and positivity for now and the future. I just hope they stick with this new model and hopefully we can hold onto this talented bunch as long as possible and add to it wisely when needed.

I think we are becoming one of the most attractive clubs outside the top 6 to attract more of these young stars like Maddison, Tielemans and Chilwell, due to having a positive manager who has a great record with youth, and our growing ability to really challenge for a top 6 place. Things have never been better really but we must always be conscious of how quickly things can change if we overstretch ourselves or make similar mistakes of the past. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think we are becoming one of the most attractive clubs outside the top 6 to attract more of these young stars like Maddison, Tielemans and Chilwell, due to having a positive manager who has a great record with youth, and our growing ability to really challenge for a top 6 place. Things have never been better really but we must always be conscious of how quickly things can change if we overstretch ourselves or make similar mistakes of the past. 

I really do hope this isn't hubris. I have been a Leicester City fan for too long to believe anything other than the fact that whatever can happen at City; will happen. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

We just took out a £100million pound loan/debt and Maguire is still here and we have already spend a fair sum this window on 2 players with the potential of another £40m on Tielemans and maybe even another player after that, which could all add up to the Maguire fee alone. So although I believe we will be fine, we are still no Man City and should always keep an eye on balancing the books. I think we forget sometimes that yes King Power is very wealthy, but as with many owners of companies, their wealth is tied up in assets and sometimes it is quite surprising how little cash the owners have available to them. 

I wouldn't say the owners haven't put a foot wrong either and the model after winning the league seemed to be, spend big on players coming towards their 30s and/or with no experience in the League. Obviously, they weren't to know that Slimani, Silva and Musa etc would be such huge flops, but does show that they do get things wrong, similar to the Sven era! Not to mention the amount of Managers we have been through. 

Thankfully, they seem to be learning from these experiences, and this new direction they have us on and the Manager they have brought in, really fills me with a lot of confidence and positivity for now and the future. I just hope they stick with this new model and hopefully we can hold onto this talented bunch as long as possible and add to it wisely when needed.

Alright! Mr I talk too much sense

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Top cop said:

I think if we get YT, then there are only 3 clubs stronger than us in the league next season 

Southampton are one of them, according to Che..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rachhere said:

Nah think this is legit as Vards hasn't really followed many people on Instagram at all. Interesting that he has added Perez straight away when there's quite a few long-established teammates he doesn't follow. If he has suddenly started following Youri (I can't remember if he did before or not), then that's a great sign. 

Expert Instagram detective  :schmike:  Any chance you have kid(s) in the 12 to 18 year old range?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Yes we took out a loan for the new training ground but that was more an accounting decision. With interest rates so low it makes business sense to spread it out over a long period where inflation will overcome the cost in time.  You forgot to mention the 120 million we got from TV  also.

New signings are commitments into the future not current, usually spread over the lifetime of the Contract.

You are right with many company Owners not having cash available but given the size of the company I doubt that is very much the problem.

Of course they have made some mistakes the ones you mentioned probably the worst.But I suspect they may have been indulging Claudio after the league win and trying to make additions to prepare for European football.

The one to thank for creating the right environment is Pearson. He's the one who set up the club for success which the Owners reverted to after the failings of Slim, Musa etc.

I think they will stick with it as it's proven and working. If you take talented players improve them then even if they don't make Prem players your're still likely to make a profit when sold on. Southampton have been doing it for years. 

We are certainly going in the right direction and have probably cemented our position as a top ten side anyway. But that can all change quickly one or two key injuries, decent in the squad etc. The real key is a top top Manager, Whether BR proves to be that person I'm not convinced yet so I'll hold off judgment. He is a good Coach but wheter he has the know how to turn games in our favor I'm not sure yet. Or whether  he has Claudio's motivational skills.

This season will answer a lot of these questions. But I do believe we are on an upward trajectory and will continue for god knows how long.

we just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. 

• Like 1

New training facility always quoted as £100 million, surely Belvoir Drive is a large site, worth a lot as house building land? 

Anyone willing to admit to being an Estate Agent to give us a rough price - enough for Perez perhaps?

• Like 1

Just now, ozvaldo said:

My dad isn’t one for making things up and yes, I’ve referred to myself as “big daddy” (long standing joke), but Youri is on the plane back from Belgium right now to Birmingham.  Make of that what you will...557F573D-C81B-4CEF-8C73-7C72A460E552.thumb.png.df5dff59545cc7bd3cd94662b9c02dd0.png7AF126A3-7223-4DF0-B598-9475B586358E.thumb.jpeg.be605e403d27b1ce4711f8562e413567.jpeg

Ngl that's one of the most sceptical leaps of a photo of YT I've ever seen.

But I'll take it 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

My dad isn’t one for making things up and yes, I’ve referred to myself as “big daddy” (long standing joke), but Youri is on the plane back from Belgium right now to Birmingham.  Make of that what you will...557F573D-C81B-4CEF-8C73-7C72A460E552.thumb.png.df5dff59545cc7bd3cd94662b9c02dd0.png7AF126A3-7223-4DF0-B598-9475B586358E.thumb.jpeg.be605e403d27b1ce4711f8562e413567.jpeg

Pretty sure he doesn't wear glasses...

Seriously, i'm sure he's not taking the piss, but he must know that's a 'piss take' photo?!

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Your dad looks well young!  Top stalking though mate…. He’s off to Villa isn’t he?!!!