Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

:crylaugh:

I think I'd trust John Percy over a rando posting on foxestalk.

Abrasive may or may not communicate with John Percy, the lad certainly has strong links to the press (I hope he doesn't mind me saying that)

• Like 2

Guest Cujek
1 hour ago, murphy said:

I never understand it when people say this, like it makes no difference what the fee is.  Seems like a very myopic thing to say.  We don't have an unlimited transfer budget so when we spend big on players it obviously means we have less left to spend on other players and for the club to continue to grow and succeed we need to get value for money.

I don't understand why people care what a club pays for players, it literally makes no difference to you, me or anyone else 

Transfers are inflated we all know this, if the manager wants him then he is worth what ever we pay

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

I don't understand why people care what a club pays for players, it literally makes no difference to you, me or anyone else 

Transfers are inflated we all know this, if the manager wants him then he is worth what ever we pay

Haha because if Leicester spend 30m on a striker instead of 50m it means us as fans save money?? I don’t get it either doesn’t make us any richer 

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Fair enough, if that's what you think, but if you don't care about value for money and getting transfers right then you might as well say you don't care if we win or lose.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Haha because if Leicester spend 30m on a striker instead of 50m it means us as fans save money?? I don’t get it either doesn’t make us any richer 

It means the club has another £20m to spend on players, staff, wages, whatever. What's not to get?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Reading this thread about Perez for £30M feels like I’ve gone onto the Bournemouth forum and they’re signing Gray off us for £25M.

He’s decent but as the Newcastle fan said, this is just silly money, and I’m starting to see some people getting overly excited about it. If he gets 15 goals next season, then I’m happy to say I was wrong, but it seems an expensive signing for a player who isn’t really a true winger and isn’t really a true striker. 

That's called a number 10.

Scored 12 goals last season in the Prem for a very defensive minded team, so has every potential of matching that or better here.

£30million is overpriced but so is Maguire at £90million. It's the market and there is very little value to have these days. 

Could turn out to be a smart signing if he gets double figure goals again. 

2 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

It makes the club richer or poorer.  It makes the squad stronger or weaker.  It affects the resale value and it affects our ability to get the best out of the transfer window.

I feel like I've been transported into a parallel universe.  Are there people that really don't understand this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cujek said:

The club has a finite budget. 

Spending on a player always has an opportunity cost

The clubs success depends to an extent on spending its budget as efficiently as possible. 

Thus it's hardly surprising for fans to wonder if a particular signing is the best way of spending that money. 

Unbelievable that people think fees don't matter. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

That's called a number 10.

Scored 12 goals last season in the Prem for a very defensive minded team, so has every potential of matching that or better here.

£30million is overpriced but so is Maguire at £90million. It's the market and there is very little value to have these days. 

Could turn out to be a smart signing if he gets double figure goals again. 

If we play with a number 10 that will be Maddison surely?  

Perez has played on both wings behind the striker and up front, I don't know what he is supposed to be.

5 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

If you care about results on the pitch then you should care about value for money on players, the two are inextricably linked. 

If we consistently pay over the odds for players it will effect our quality on the pitch. There is a reason why the clubs with the most money generally are the most successful clubs. Buying overvalued players mean there is less in the bank to make that next purchase and for the bottom 14 PL clubs who have incomes all within about £50m of each other then that's the difference between relegation and challenging for a European place and cups. 

• Like 2

It might not be our money, but in effect it’s our club. Wasting money on dodgy players directly impacts the club and therefore us. Our main strategy seems to be buy young talent currently, allow it to develop and reap the rewards should the big boys come knocking. 

£30 million is a chunk for Perez, but if he has a blinding season we could see that value double. Might not be bad business. However ALL of our business should be conducted sensibly and with an eye on value and surely we should all be invested in that approach, our money or not?

Just now, murphy said:

If we play with a number 10 that will be Maddison surely?  

Perez has played on both wings behind the striker and up front, I don't know what he is supposed to be.

Thought BR had Maddison dropping deeper towards the end of the season and seemed to work better as he was able to turn and run into more space. Imagine Perez will play just behind Vardy and be able to roam across the front.

-------------------N'didi-------------------

--Maddison---Tielemans---Barnes--

--------------Perez-----------------------

---------------------Vardy----------------

Percy mentioned that Rodgers sees Perez as support/competition for Vardy, so that's why I thought would be no.10/striker 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It might not be our money, but in effect it’s our club. Wasting money on dodgy players directly impacts the club and therefore us. Our main strategy seems to be buy young talent currently, allow it to develop and reap the rewards should the big boys come knocking. 

£30 million is a chunk for Perez, but if he has a blinding season we could see that value double. Might not be bad business. However ALL of our business should be conducted sensibly and with an eye on value and surely we should all be invested in that approach, our money or not?

And it obviously is be spent wisely or we wouldn't be still spending. 

Guest Cujek
8 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The club has a finite budget. 

Spending on a player always has an opportunity cost

The clubs success depends to an extent on spending its budget as efficiently as possible. 

Thus it's hardly surprising for fans to wonder if a particular signing is the best way of spending that money. 

Unbelievable that people think fees don't matter. 

How does the clubs budget make any difference to you? 

Sure it matters to the club, they are a business and will make desicions based on business logic. 

We can discuss all we want, but if we sign someone for 30 million and he is crap why would it matter if we signed him for say 20 million? It's not like we see that 10 million 

The owners will have a budget in mind and if the manager wants someone it will be backed, it don't matter what the club pays, to you, an individual exactly the same as me. 

1 minute ago, Master Fox said:

Hopefully we can flog Gray this window. Make up the difference. 

Gray = £28 Million 

Slim = £5 million 

Kingy = £3 Million 

Matty James = £4 Million 

:blink:  That is his latest health insurance quote, not his transfer fee! 

Only way we will get rid of King and James is by paying off most their contracts IMO

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Having spent the arse end of 80 million on Musa, Slimani and Nacho in recent years

And people are ‘worried’ about 30 mill on Perez...

Only on FT...

An established PL player and people are moaning about the price. You really can’t please some of our fans can you lol 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Hopefully we can flog Gray this window. Make up the difference. 

Gray = £28 Million 

Slim = £5 million 

Kingy = £3 Million 

Matty James = £4 Million 

If you can sort those deals out yourself I'm sure Top will give you 10% of that £40m you've just recouped for the club. 

• Like 1