Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

Guest SO1
2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Seems to be a coincidence that it coincides with Rafa leaving and there was no links or leaks of any interest until a deal was potentially signed 

Never been witness to a deal like this. Came out of nowhere. Leaking buy outs and other goodies happens all the time. Agents, you name it.

Just because we met the buyout clause doesn't mean we get the player. I'm sure Newcastle got some sugar on top of that to not shop him around.

The player has to be onside with all of this as well. Buyout clauses do not mean shit if the player doesn't want to come.

Suarez/Arsenal and the 40,000,001 bid. Liverpool's owner John Henry responded on Twitter "I don't know what their smoking over there".

26 minutes ago, cronemeister said:

Alright lads?  Newcastle fan here....just thought I'd do a bit of trolling to get a bit of a feel for your mood on Perez :-D.  I'm a die-hard toon fan and have been all my life and I can honestly say that I would crawl on my hands and knees with Perez on my back to deliver him to your door for £30m....that is just proper mental!  I would've been a bit gutted at him going for £15m or less if I'm honest as it would take at least that to replace him with someone equal or better in my opinion which historically (of late at least) we haven't been particularly good at.

What I will tell you though is you're getting a player who gives 110% every game, doesn't kick up a fuss about anything and just gets on with the job, he is the ultimate professional in my opinion. He's no world beater and he certainly ain't a £30m player, I would say £15m-£20m bracket quite safely.  He's quite skillful, I wouldn't go so far as to say he's technically brilliant and he is nowhere near as good as Mahrez was for your lot.  Up until the 2nd half of last season for us he was very inconsistent, his finishing was very poor and he was in and out of the starting 11 quite a lot.  He can be quite a frustrating player at times, but as I said the 2nd half of last season he was probably one of our best players.  It's no coincidence that Almiron's arrival helped him out massively and along with Rondon the 3 of them gelled quite nicely.  You're basically paying for him based on his 2nd half of the season showing last season.  This time last season I would have been happy with half of what you're paying now...the vast majority of us lot (at least on the footy board I frequent) are understandably ecstatic with £30m.....whether we'll get that pumped into the transfer kitty is another matter for a later date.  You lot seem to have a good grip on our owners antics and I won't ramble on about it on this thread as I just popped in to give you some thoughts from up north on the deal.

It is going to be toxic at our place next season if this supposed takeover doesn't happen.  There's no way Ashley will be able to set foot in the City ever again let alone the ground, it's sad cos it's the players that are gonna suffer which should never be the case but to say that we are way past being done with Ashley and his entourage now is the understatement of the century !!  Hopefully he will be gone and we can all move on but we have let such a massive opportunity pass us by in letting Rafa walk away.  I don't even think another relegation would get rid of the fat controller, he'll just sell some prized assets again to build a squad to get us back up at the first time of asking like he has done on the previous 2 occassions.  The only comfort we have at the minute is in the fact that our nearest and dearest rivals down the road (Sunderland) are bouncing around 2 leagues below us in the 3rd tier of English football.....maybe the old derby rivalries can be resumed the season after next with them, who knows?

Best of luck for the season tho lads, your lot will do ok I reckon and be safely in the top 10, nee idea how we are gonna fare, i'm seriously worried at this present moment in time but I shall (as ever) reserve judgment until the fat man sings!

i always find these posts a bit worrying when fans of a player's previous club are quite happy to see him gone or are a bit meh about them. I remember similar posts about Benalouane, Ghezzal and Ward were the fans didn't rate them and thought they had our pants down. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It may well seem, then, even he can't be 100% relied on.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

i always find these posts a bit worrying when fans of a player's previous club are quite happy to see him gone or are a bit meh about them. I remember similar posts about Benalouane, Ghezzal and Ward were the fans didn't rate them and thought they had our pants down. 

I've read a fair few counter this and say they are losing one of their best players and gutted to see him go. 

Scored 12 goals last season and has oodles of Premier League experience. A decent signing for us but no doubt that £30million is £10m overpriced, but then again, no way is Maguire worth £90million.   

Why are people concerned how much he will cost? If Brendan and Top think he’s good enough for the money involved that’s fine by me. Tielemans, Perez, (Winger) , James Justin great summer window :)

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Why are people concerned how much he will cost? If Brendan and Top think he’s good enough for the money involved that’s fine by me. Tielemans, Perez, (Winger) , James Justin great summer window :)

Did you say similar when we signed Slimani and Silva? lol  I did and regret it now

£30m is overpriced but so is Maguire at £90million so swings and roundabouts really

Guest Cujek
15 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He would perform better with better players around him, hopefully. 

Who cares what he costs its not my money

46 minutes ago, cronemeister said:

Alright lads?  Newcastle fan here....just thought I'd do a bit of trolling to get a bit of a feel for your mood on Perez :-D.  I'm a die-hard toon fan and have been all my life and I can honestly say that I would crawl on my hands and knees with Perez on my back to deliver him to your door for £30m....that is just proper mental!  I would've been a bit gutted at him going for £15m or less if I'm honest as it would take at least that to replace him with someone equal or better in my opinion which historically (of late at least) we haven't been particularly good at.

What I will tell you though is you're getting a player who gives 110% every game, doesn't kick up a fuss about anything and just gets on with the job, he is the ultimate professional in my opinion. He's no world beater and he certainly ain't a £30m player, I would say £15m-£20m bracket quite safely.  He's quite skillful, I wouldn't go so far as to say he's technically brilliant and he is nowhere near as good as Mahrez was for your lot.  Up until the 2nd half of last season for us he was very inconsistent, his finishing was very poor and he was in and out of the starting 11 quite a lot.  He can be quite a frustrating player at times, but as I said the 2nd half of last season he was probably one of our best players.  It's no coincidence that Almiron's arrival helped him out massively and along with Rondon the 3 of them gelled quite nicely.  You're basically paying for him based on his 2nd half of the season showing last season.  This time last season I would have been happy with half of what you're paying now...the vast majority of us lot (at least on the footy board I frequent) are understandably ecstatic with £30m.....whether we'll get that pumped into the transfer kitty is another matter for a later date.  You lot seem to have a good grip on our owners antics and I won't ramble on about it on this thread as I just popped in to give you some thoughts from up north on the deal.

It is going to be toxic at our place next season if this supposed takeover doesn't happen.  There's no way Ashley will be able to set foot in the City ever again let alone the ground, it's sad cos it's the players that are gonna suffer which should never be the case but to say that we are way past being done with Ashley and his entourage now is the understatement of the century !!  Hopefully he will be gone and we can all move on but we have let such a massive opportunity pass us by in letting Rafa walk away.  I don't even think another relegation would get rid of the fat controller, he'll just sell some prized assets again to build a squad to get us back up at the first time of asking like he has done on the previous 2 occassions.  The only comfort we have at the minute is in the fact that our nearest and dearest rivals down the road (Sunderland) are bouncing around 2 leagues below us in the 3rd tier of English football.....maybe the old derby rivalries can be resumed the season after next with them, who knows?

Best of luck for the season tho lads, your lot will do ok I reckon and be safely in the top 10, nee idea how we are gonna fare, i'm seriously worried at this present moment in time but I shall (as ever) reserve judgment until the fat man sings!

No disrespect to Newcastle but don't you think playing with maybe technically, attack minded players may bring the best out in him?  Your approach was very tactical and very well organised, where as we play a bit more free flowing.  Just a thought!

Edited by pazzerfox

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I've read a fair few counter this and say they are losing one of their best players and gutted to see him go. 

Scored 12 goals last season and has oodles of Premier League experience. A decent signing for us but no doubt that £30million is £10m overpriced, but then again, no way is Maguire worth £90million.   

Outside of the PL there are only a handful of clubs who can afford to spend £30m on a single player. There are only a couple of hundred players in world football who wouldn't entertain a move to LCFC. All I wanted from this window was Tielemans and a top drawer wide player who offered goals and assists.

I just think when you've got more or less the whole world to pick a player from then go out and get the best you can and one with as little doubts as possible about him. Last season we could have had Pepe and there will be a few more somewhere like him this season. 

I'm not being too down on Perez as he got 12 goals last season but I didn't want us bringing in a player who might not be better than what we have already and there is a danger of that. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

He’s rewrote a load of that, now says we are looking for a winger aswell as Youri sure that wasn’t there before 

Happy we are after a winger as well then. I think relying on Gray, Albrighton and Barnes would be too much if we are genuinely pushing for top 6 

16 minutes ago, murphy said:

Puel never signed a DM.  It was Puel that bought in Tielemans.   I think he was well aware that we needed a more adventurous and technically better player in the middle than Wilf or Mendy.

Shhh.  Don't mess with the narrative.