Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Outside of the PL there are only a handful of clubs who can afford to spend £30m on a single player. There are only a couple of hundred players in world football who wouldn't entertain a move to LCFC. All I wanted from this window was Tielemans and a top drawer wide player who offered goals and assists.

I just think when you've got more or less the whole world to pick a player from then go out and get the best you can and one with as little doubts as possible about him. Last season we could have had Pepe and there will be a few more somewhere like him this season. 

I'm not being too down on Perez as he got 12 goals last season but I didn't want us bringing in a player who might not be better than what we have already and there is a danger of that. 

ismaila sarr would’ve been good for 30-40m 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Outside of the PL there are only a handful of clubs who can afford to spend £30m on a single player. There are only a couple of hundred players in world football who wouldn't entertain a move to LCFC. All I wanted from this window was Tielemans and a top drawer wide player who offered goals and assists.

I just think when you've got more or less the whole world to pick a player from then go out and get the best you can and one with as little doubts as possible about him. Last season we could have had Pepe and there will be a few more somewhere like him this season. 

I'm not being too down on Perez as he got 12 goals last season but I didn't want us bringing in a player who might not be better than what we have already and there is a danger of that. 

I think BR is seeing him in a role behind Vardy, who can also score a fair few too. In that sense, he is better than what we have, as we don't have a player like that and Iheanacho certainly wasn't last season. He may not be a world beater, but I think with his work rate and ability on the ball, on top of his goal threat, in an attacking set up - he may surprise a few and do really well here. He is just 25 too and played close to 150 Premier League games, so I think that could be very valuable to us. Let's see how he does but if he can get 12 goals in a defensive set-up, he has potential to do that again or even better with us, and then he will look like a really good bit of business.

• Like 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Heading to London? 

Straight down the A426 from where he lives.

Not a bad journey into the capital from Rugby.

Cheaper from there than Leicester as well... the tight arse. lol

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Heading to London? 

Yes, he's on my train to Euston... I'll have a sneak and see what he's up to lol

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Heading to London? 

More likely off to Manchester Utd or Man City on the same line......after picking up harry from the airport  :ph34r: 

The confusion over the fee does suggest there's more to it than a straight up £30m deal. I suspect £30m is the release clause and we have agreed to pay that made up of £16m up front and a further £14m in add on's.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think if we are to sign another winger aswell as Pérez & YT, then BR will look for a more all round midfielder rather than an attacking midfielder. McGregor fits the bill.

Nah - screw that

Image result for attack attack attack

• Haha 1

Perez will be used as a versatile option, which BR has been talking about in his interviews. Sometimes on the wing (advanced) but sometimes off the bench to replace Maddison, who sometimes fades, and coming on for Vardy also. Great purchase imo

• Like 3

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Perez will be used as a versatile option, which BR has been talking about in his interviews. Sometimes on the wing (advanced) but sometimes off the bench to replace Maddison, who sometimes fades, and coming on for Vardy also. Great purchase imo

Gives us such a variety of options now from a formation perspective too by simply signing Pérez.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

Puel never signed a DM.  It was Puel that bought in Tielemans.   I think he was well aware that we needed a more adventurous and technically better player in the middle than Wilf or Mendy.

That's true, but he did favour using two DMs, so probably wouldn't have seen a problem initially. Other managers using a different formation would have wanted to address the lack of creative CMs a lot quicker.

19 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think BR is seeing him in a role behind Vardy, who can also score a fair few too. In that sense, he is better than what we have, as we don't have a player like that and Iheanacho certainly wasn't last season. He may not be a world beater, but I think with his work rate and ability on the ball, on top of his goal threat, in an attacking set up - he may surprise a few and do really well here. He is just 25 too and played close to 150 Premier League games, so I think that could be very valuable to us. Let's see how he does but if he can get 12 goals in a defensive set-up, he has potential to do that again or even better with us, and then he will look like a really good bit of business.

Possibly. I imagine he'll be a winger, mostly, maybe with licence to roam. I think BR favours 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3, so I doubt we'll be using a no.10/CAM/2nd striker much. If we did, then Perez would be taking Maddison's spot as the no.10 and then he'd be playing out wide. i doubt this will happen. With everyone fit, I think Perez will mostly be used out wide.

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

This is one of those solid signings whereby he might not be  messi but put him in the right system and as a team we are better.  We've proven before you dont need allstars to win. 

Agreed. I think he may have a similar role to the one that Peak Shinji had. Closing down space, pressurising defenders and making space for Vards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

This is one of those solid signings whereby he might not be  messi but put him in the right system and as a team we are better.  We've proven before you dont need allstars to win. 

My eyesight is getting worse ...   read that and thought, who the fook is Alistair ?!? ...   and why do you need more than one ! ....      :)

• Haha 2

Based on a combination of his solid goalscoring record and him, Rondon and Ki collectively pulling our pants down during last season's comfortable home reversal, gerrimin. He was a big part of one of the most impressive away performances I've seen down the KP.

10 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. I think he may have a similar role to the one that Peak Shinji had. Closing down space, pressurising defenders and making space for Vards.

Which is exactly what he did in that performance - while he of course scored the winner, his main role was to pressure our full backs, Shinji-style, while Rondon bullied our centre backs out of the game (as is tradition whenever we face him). I imagine he'll have much the same role for us in doing that legwork.

If his workrate is consistently what I saw that day, we're pretty much signing an out-wide Okazaki who is actually better at finding the net.

Edited by OntarioFox