Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

Club record fee on a player that has had one good half of a season in five, described as wasteful and average by Newcastle fans, none of whom seem to care that he is leaving, looking at their forum.  Zero competition for his signature.  LC has got his feet under the table.

download.jpeg.c00c6ce8b9bac7620e4efe4622fd6cbf.jpeg

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Club record fee on a player that has had one good half of a season in five, described as wasteful and average by Newcastle fans, none of whom seem to care that he is leaving, looking at their forum.  Zero competition for his signature.  LC has got his feet under the table.

Boring 

The majority of Newcastle fans saying they don't care about him leaving are just bitter. I work with one and he said that the fact that they're losing one of the best young players they've had in years to us and knowing that the money won't be reinvested in the squad means he's pretty confident that they're going down

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, murphy said:

You're not keen then? 

• Haha 3

I hate this time of year. Nothing gets done at work. I find myself just switching between FT, Twitter and Skysports.com to see if we have confirmed any signings yet. 

Today will be no different...

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'll be content with just tielemans added to Perez and Justin James.... Any more and it all starts to look a bit scattergun ; west ham, Everton and, the ultimate transfer window clowns, Fulham

Tielemans is desperately needed either way, just to keep us on the same level as we ended the season. So if thats the only business we do we've replaced Okazaki with Perez and Simpson with Justin. We've not improved the winger situation, something needs to happen with Gray and Ghezzal, Albrighton doesn't do enough in terms of goals either, not to mention if Maguire leaves and the fact Rodgers isn't convinced with Ndidi's passing which is important with the way he wants us to play.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I hate this time of year. Nothing gets done at work. I find myself just switching between FT, Twitter and Skysports.com to see if we have confirmed any signings yet. 

Agree. Yesterday my frigging work got in the way of my surfing activities. So annoying when work stops me reading page after page after page of  bull-shit  Transfer News.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I don't think it's £27m it is £16m plus add-ons. 

Heard this too a few times. Question though, does a deal like this class as our highest transfer fee as we have committed in theory to paying 30 or will it only be our highest once we have actually paid the add ons?

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

Tielemans is desperately needed either way, just to keep us on the same level as we ended the season. So if thats the only business we do we've replaced Okazaki with Perez and Simpson with Justin. We've not improved the winger situation, something needs to happen with Gray and Ghezzal, Albrighton doesn't do enough in terms of goals either, not to mention if Maguire leaves and the fact Rodgers isn't convinced with Ndidi's passing which is important with the way he wants us to play.

I'm not sure where this unicorn winger is to be found.

Any better than Gray...I.e pace AND end product... is likely to be a very sought after player indeed.

If I was a coach, I'd see enough raw material in Gray to get that harnessed and working. 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I know a few Newcastle fans who have spoken highly of him. But it's hardly surprising some are saying negative stuff. They are just jealous and resentful at the way our club is being run compared to theirs. There manager has left them along with Perez, probably there best player.

21 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

19 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Your lucky, no fooker pays us pensioners to spend all day checking the transfer forum....

You're lucky, us students pay to spend all day checking the transfer forum and avoiding doing work lol

• Haha 4

He's only 25, is an experienced prem players and always manages to score against  (or for) us. 

Reckon he'll replace Shinji whilst also with some additional skill. Potentially see him slotting on the wing or in support of Vardy.

13 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Hopefully the Roger signings will turn out to be as good as the Puel signings. Let’s not forget it was Puel who signed Maguire (now subject of £70m bid), Tielemans (our supposedly macquee signing if it gets through), Maddison etc. Puel inherited Musa, Silva and Slimani. If you ask me, Puel did very very well with his signings!

Agree with this, just a shame he didn't know what to do with them when he got them.

Maybe we should get Puel back as Congerton's assistant?