Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

Reading this thread about Perez for £30M feels like I’ve gone onto the Bournemouth forum and they’re signing Gray off us for £25M.

He’s decent but as the Newcastle fan said, this is just silly money, and I’m starting to see some people getting overly excited about it. If he gets 15 goals next season, then I’m happy to say I was wrong, but it seems an expensive signing for a player who isn’t really a true winger and isn’t really a true striker. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Reading this thread about Perez for £30M feels like I’ve gone onto the Bournemouth forum and they’re signing Gray off us for £25M.

He’s decent but as the Newcastle fan said, this is just silly money, and I’m starting to see some people getting overly excited about it. If he gets 15 goals next season, then I’m happy to say I was wrong, but it seems an expensive signing for a player who isn’t really a true winger and isn’t really a true striker. 

That's exactly what we want though, a player that can play anywhere in attack. 17 apps 8 goals from RM last year suggests he can do a far better job that our current wingers, you cannot compare him to Gray, his goal return is far superior. 

What even is £30m anymore? Seems to be the standard fee for a first team player in the PL. Not for us to worry about money, if Brendan has identified him as a player that will advance us, then superb.

Edited by ProfuseFootball

2 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Tbf If Gray had just scored 12 goals in the season and we let him go for 25/30 I wouldn’t be best pleased. Ayoze’s numbers are good in a side devoid of any real attacking ambition

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Things we haven't done:

- Spent £30 million on Perez

- Spent £30 million on a random player with no prem experience

Things we have done:

- Spent £16m+ Add Ons on Perez

- Signed a player with plenty of Premier League experience

- Signed a player who fits our squad character to the letter

- Signed someone who scored more goals from the wing than Marcus Rashford and Wilfred Zaha last season... two players who are apparently worth a considerable amount more... 

If it's a release clause it will be money up front and John Percy says it is his release clause.

• Like 3

He was Newcastle's star man against us on the wing in April, gave Ricky P a very tough evening.

To be honest I wasn't impressed with him two years ago but I didn't realise he was still quite young, hopefully now he knows the League & himself better and he can become more consistent & impressive.

His versatility will come into use too, we brang Shinji off the bench a couple of times towards the end of last season and had him out wide & behind the striker - he wasn't very effective but it seemed to be a tactic

Edited by Jaspa

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

How many times do you need to be told, you are not aloud to speak sense on here 

consider this your final warning 

You're also not allowed to spell allowed as 'aloud'. See me after school please.

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Things we haven't done:

- Spent £30 million on Perez

- Spent £30 million on a random player with no prem experience

Things we have done:

- Spent £16m+ Add Ons on Perez

- Signed a player with plenty of Premier League experience

- Signed a player who fits our squad character to the letter

- Signed someone who scored more goals from the wing than Marcus Rashford and Wilfred Zaha last season... two players who are apparently worth a considerable amount more... 

According to who? Not John Percy, he's updated his article... Not any of the reliable Newcastle journos either. It's very much looking like £30 million. That said, I think we're only overpaying by a little. 

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

According to who? Not John Percy, he's updated his article... Not any of the reliable Newcastle journos either. It's very much looking like £30 million. That said, I think we're only overpaying by a little. 

We are only over paying if he doesnt hit double figures. Next season if he hits double figures he will be worth double the 30m we pay the transfer market is crazy

Edited by Fox85

Just now, Fox85 said:

We are only over paying if he doesnt hit double figures. Next season if he hits double figures he will be worth double the 30m we pay the transfer market is crazy

I don't think if he gets 10 goals next season he will be worth 60 million. Deulofeu got that many goals and he shouldn't cost more than £40 million in Watford's wildest dreams.

That said, if he gets 10+ goals next season, he certainly won't have been a waste of money.

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Pretty much this. We’ll only know if we’ve overpaid if he underperforms. I thought we overpaid for Ulloa at the time...

7 minutes ago, Ricey said:

If it's a release clause it will be money up front and John Percy says it is his release clause.

I think the co fusion in price tells us something, the release clause is clearly £30m and we have tried to negotiate how we pay it. The £16m reported by several papers last night and this morning suggest that's the up front cost and then we're trying to get them to agree to add one's over a number of years/performance related. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

People honestly need to stop worrying about the money, we, like all other clubs these days are a business. We wouldn't take any risks that aren't well and truely calculated. 

Really?... 

Who did the calculations on Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Depends what kind of release clause it is

Could be its £30m for teams with European Football or Spanish Clubs (he has always wanted to go back to Spain) and apparently Spanish clubs have baulked at the price, and no one else is interested in him

Perez has told Newcastle he wants to leave and won’t sign a new contract, so our offer of £16m and add ons up to £30m is the best they can get

Edited by moore_94

Just now, Alex_LCFC said:

Not sure if all release clauses have to be paid cash up front

This is often where the negotiation is applicable, otherwise there's fcuk all to discuss with the club as they are powerless.