Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

I feel like the people are writing the guy off as a waste of money, bad signing etc are missing a pretty big trick.

It's so easy to look at stats, but the pressure he would have been on at newcastle to be the biggest source of goals with a lack of supply due to their negative tactics is a fairly big factor.

If you take his qualities, which is an eye for goal, scoring and making chances and his skillfullness, and add that to Vardy, Maddison, Barnes and hopefully Tielemans it adds up to a lot of threat, which teams will struggle to snuff out. 

I think personally he will be a pretty shrewd signing. 

Fair enough, Newcastle fans in general aren't to sad to see the back of him but they weren't too sad to see the back of Thauvin, Siem De Jong, Townsend, Janmaat, Wjnaldum or sissoko either and most of them went on to show some good form away from Newcastle who seem to have a talent for killing talent in recent years. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've looked around multiple sources and the general feeling was one of gutted to see him go but that it was good money for a player who has blown hot and cold. That has to be tempered with the fact he's played as a creative player in a dour and negative team starved of other creative players. People almost unanimously said that the second he was able to link up with Almiron (sp) it brought so much more out of him. He's also continued to register decent numbers despite being "inconsistent", along with that he's a work horse and will but a gut for the team. Which is a step up from the likes of Mahrez and Iheanacho who looked / look uninterested and passengers at times when out of form.

Another thing, forums are a good source of information. But from forum to forum you get huge swings in feeling, you only have to go on Bentleys Roof or Talking Balls at times to see that similar mentalities flock. One forum might like x player or x manger, another swings wildly the other way. 

You only have to look at the piss taking on here about Maguire. Any Man Utd or Man City fan could easily assume he is pure muck.

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Fair enough, Newcastle fans in general aren't to sad to see the back of him but they weren't too sad to see the back of Thauvin, Siem De Jong, Townsend, Janmaat, Wjnaldum or sissoko either and most of them went on to show some good form away from Newcastle who seem to have a talent for killing talent in recent years. 

This is an excellent point really tbh. 

Sometimes the club really is the problem and Newcastle's own fans don't really deny they're a shit show tbh. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

You only have to look at the piss taking on here about Maguire. Any Man Utd or Man City fan could easily assume he is pure muck.

Not pure muck just not worth 100m but then what defender is? 

• Like 1

Perez scored more goals than Rondon last season who supposedly had a phenomenal season for the Geordies. I'll happily take a hot and cold winger who is only above average that gets us 10+ goals a season. Cheers then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not pure muck just not worth 100m but then what defender is? 

Exactly, the comments people are making on here about Maguire are because of the desire to sell at the price being quoted and the mind shift is more towards being critical of him. It's the same with Perez, Newcastle fans can't get their head around a £28m profit on a player who prior to this season was part of a turgid regime and a bit MEH. I don't think it's a true reflection of him as a player, their whole gaff stinks of shit.

If memory serves me right he made his Newcastle debut against us. I remember on seeing him play that day and thinking,why didn't we sign him.

Now we're getting a seasoned and hardened Premiership player, who's a little older but a lot wiser as what it takes to compete in this league.

He could have downed tools and took the easy money at Newcastle but he didn't which says a lot about his character.

With the extra quality we have He'll prove another great signing.