Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

Boxing Day is my favourite day of the year to spend with friends and family In the pub. It would be perfect if I lived in Leicester As I’d be able to combine this with the match, but now I have to make a 50 mile round trip with no public transport. Can’t think of anything worse than sitting around all day watching everyone else drinking and having a good time while l sit around waiting for game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This sort of attitude is exactly the premier shafts match going fans 

No it isnt.

All you have to do is delay your plans to get blind drunk by one whole day.

Plenty of people can enjoy themselves with their families without getting smashed or bemoaning driving their car down an empty A road.

And if youre going to give me banter in a post from your high horse, learn to construct logical sentences twerp.

• Like 1

Just now, Donk said:

No it isnt.

All you have to do is delay your plans to get blind drunk by one whole day.

Plenty of people can enjoy themselves with their families without getting smashed or bemoaning driving their car down an empty A road.

And if youre going to give me banter in a post from your high horse, learn to construct logical sentences twerp.

Christ, I made a typo.

It was a wider point about how fans’ apathy or even defence of the PL and tv companies means they’ll carry on. Whatever though, I’m so pious, all high and mighty that I won’t reason with you because I’m a “twerp” (Is that you Team Rocket?).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This sort of attitude is exactly the premier shafts match going fans 

And if you do want to get blind drunk get someone to drive your sorry drunk arse over there, or find alternative transport. 

Or pay for a taxi. You spent enough on booze not to moan

1 minute ago, Donk said:

And if you do want to get blind drunk get someone to drive your sorry drunk arse over there, or find alternative transport. 

Or pay for a taxi. You spent enough on booze not to moan

Is everything ok at home? You seem quite angry 

• Haha 3

Just now, Stadt said:

Christ, I made a typo.

It was a wider point about how fans’ apathy or even defence of the PL and tv companies means they’ll carry on. Whatever though, I’m so pious, all high and mighty that I won’t reason with you because I’m a “twerp” (Is that you Team Rocket?).

Yeah sorry mr i cant enjoy a football match at christmas.

Im really sad i cannot carry this conversation on with you. What a shame.

Bye

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Be serious though. You think 30,000 people are gonna pay to get back from the ground/town in cabs charging double rates? Fact is unless you live within walking distance of the ground 8pm on Boxing Day is absolutely fvcking shit for the majority of people going to the game, and totally thoughtless from those who've made the decision

Supporter club buses

Designated driver lifts/car shares

Walking

Cycle

A few suggestions but not all obviously.

The majority of people will get there no problem. Might be a bit inconvenient maybe but its not the end of the world

Edited by Donk

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Drinking isn't obligatory. I sometimes wonder if it actually is mandatory to drink heavily in our culture, however. 

It's sort of besides the point anyway. Yes, it spoils what some would be hoping was a good day out on the ale, but a lack of available public transport at 10pm on Boxing Day means there's a knock-on effect for everyone travelling to the ground - whether they intended to have a couple of beers or not.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Drinking isn't obligatory. I sometimes wonder if it actually is mandatory to drink heavily in our culture, however. 

If we take drinking out of the equation, I still see a 8pm kick-off and 10pm finish as very disruptive to a family's plans on one of the few days that the vast majority of people get off work. If the kick-off was 5.30 with a 7.30 finish, there's still opportunity for people to share each other's company. 

1 hour ago, Donk said:

Walking

Supporter club buses

Walking

Cycle

The majority of people will get there no problem. Might be a bit inconvenient maybe but its not the end of the world

Like I say though, there's a knock-on effect for everyone who isn't within walking or cycling distance to the ground because more people have to travel in cars due to a lack of public buses at that time.

The lengths you seem to be willing to go to in order to defend this decision is a little bit perplexing.

7 minutes ago, Donk said:

Supporter club buses

Walking

Cycle

I might being dim here but do the supporter club buses still run for home games? 

I don't think Walking and Cycle are the safest options for most at 10pm. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I might being dim here but do the supporter club buses still run for home games? 

Think they do to a couple of places, but nowhere near enough for them to be a viable alternative to public transport on an occasion like this.

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I know supporter club buses that run. Ive used ones that pick up in Birstall and Swadlincote in the past absolutely no problem on all public holidays.

A guy sitting next to me always came by oakham supporters too for ages.

Not used them in a while though admittedly

Edited by Donk

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Like I say though, there's a knock-on effect for everyone who isn't within walking or cycling distance to the ground because more people have to travel in cars due to a lack of public buses at that time.

The lengths you seem to be willing to go to in order to defend this decision is a little bit perplexing.

Im not trying to be awkward because i dont see it as that big of a deal.

If i go with a group of mates, one at least would stay sober through choice so could drive as a possibility.

During a day with family i can drink if i want to and choose transport to get over there.

I could drive myself over there if i wanted.

I could meet with family on saturday.

People go to Plymouth and Carlisle on a week night and wear it like a badge of honour and cant make a plan to enjoy themself for a night kick off in the holiday season?

Response tv schedules can seems over the top at times

Edited by Donk