Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

10 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Not sure if sarcastic ha the companies were expected to announce this lunchtime but a premier league spokesman has confirmed that if will be this afternoon at earliest in case anyone was hanging on! In any case, we know we can expect the 8pm slot on BD but the only other move which is up in the air is the Villa game which we are expecting on the Sunday but waiting for confirmation.

No it was a constructive post, with valid information👍🏻

6 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Looks like no trains on the boxing day. If we can get tickets (and presumably we will be to as we are both members) I am wondering about just taking it a bit more relaxed and staying at the Holiday Inn. Anyone else stayed there to know how nice it is? 

But will there be room at the Inn at Christmas. There is a fairly well established precedent for this!

26 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Looks like no trains on the boxing day. If we can get tickets (and presumably we will be to as we are both members) I am wondering about just taking it a bit more relaxed and staying at the Holiday Inn. Anyone else stayed there to know how nice it is? 

Trains haven't ran on boxing day for a number of years. Parcel yard doesn't even bother opening as it knows that part of town will be like a ghost town.

Guest Markyblue
37 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Its ok pal.

Guest Markyblue
14 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Trains haven't ran on boxing day for a number of years. Parcel yard doesn't even bother opening as it knows that part of town will be like a ghost town.

Love the specials , hate cov.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lets have a half 5 away. Bet Man City goes to early.

My guess has always been Villa and Manchester City. The latter always seems to be one TV but as long as it's a Saturday I'm not bothered what time as 12 and 5 are both doable.

has this no trains on boxing day thing actually ever been a thing or is it just what people say? i am sure i used to get from liverpool to leicester without a car for boxing day games when we were in the championship/early prem and i used to actually go the match. 

but now i am doubting that i ever did because every year everyone says the only option is to walk? 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

How you getting there and how you getting back? 

Why not just knock boxing day off and play the weekends if transports the issue?

Oh cos its tradition.

Lets play all the games boxing day its tradition.

Oh we cant get there.

9 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

has this no trains on boxing day thing actually ever been a thing or is it just what people say? i am sure i used to get from liverpool to leicester without a car for boxing day games when we were in the championship/early prem and i used to actually go the match. 

but now i am doubting that i ever did because every year everyone says the only option is to walk? 

Its deffo a thing. Not sure what year from. But leicester station was all locked up when we played spurs the other year 2104. 

We got a taxi to parcel yard and the place was all locked up and parcel yard closed. Town was dead. 

Just now, Bayfox said:

Its deffo a thing. Not sure what year from. But leicester station was all locked up when we played spurs the other year 2104. 

We got a taxi to parcel yard and the place was all locked up and parcel yard closed. Town was dead. 

looking back it must be a recent thing then, i deffo went to 2010 and 2011 boxing day games when i would've been 16/17 and didn't have a car. don't think i've been to on since so maybe it's all change. 

7 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Why is everyone so miserable. 8pm on boxing day is incredible, spend the morning with the fam, them 2pm onwards of football and drunken festive antics. Whats better.

I like doing that bit in between going to the game.

Just now, ScouseFox said:

looking back it must be a recent thing then, i deffo went to 2010 and 2011 boxing day games when i would've been 16/17 and didn't have a car. don't think i've been to on since so maybe it's all change. 

They run but usually reduced services, similar to New Years Day.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Is this a biblical reference, or genuine concern we might miss out?! There's availability at the moment :)!

Biblical, I'm sure you'll be fine getting in so long as a census isn't declared and the masses have to flock back to their place of birth.

• Like 1