Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

If Liverpool is 8pm it'd be interesting/good to see their fans fvck it off. Spirit of Shankley are one of the better supporters groups. I remember when they boycotted Hull the other season about ticket prices. But then again you'll have those "shit support" pictures circulating social media from people sat in their bedrooms.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

If Liverpool is 8pm it'd be interesting/good to see their fans fvck it off. Spirit of Shankley are one of the better supporters groups. I remember when they boycotted Hull the other season about ticket prices. But then again you'll have those "shit support" pictures circulating social media from people sat in their bedrooms.

"Can't take numbers despite being wildly inconvenienced by forces way beyond their control 😂😂👌👊"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Why is everyone so miserable. 8pm on boxing day is incredible, spend the morning with the fam, them 2pm onwards of football and drunken festive antics. Whats better.

Well the last time I tried to find a drink, something to eat or a even a taxi for a boxing day game it was a joke. Most bars / pubs didn't even bother opening, the few taxi's there were we charging double time. 

• Like 1

tbf even if the 4000 or so who usually go boycotted, they'd have 10k more waiting for those tickets.

the only reason it worked (a little bit) when they had empty seats at hull was because or the priority ones bought child tickets for a fiver or whatever and then didn't actually go. don't think you can do that anymore. 

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Ah... I thought so.... but will it clash with rerun of vicar of dibley Christmas special 

Still waiting on the BBC to release the Christmas schedule. 

Shouldve been sorted last week. 🙄

Should be early next week at the latest. 

• Thanks 1

My hunch is that the following games are moved:

4 Dec - Watford moved from day before as expected 

7 Dec - Villa to 5.30pm

21 Dec - Man City to 12.30pm

26 Dec - Liverpool to 8pm (already known) 

29 Dec - West Ham moved from 28th to be 2pm on Sunday 29th

All other games stay the same. 

48 minutes ago, Donk said:

Why not just knock boxing day off and play the weekends if transports the issue?

Oh cos its tradition.

Lets play all the games boxing day its tradition.

Oh we cant get there.

The reason we ended up on boxing day was because we dropped tradition, used to play Christmas day before people realised it was better to glutton yourself into a coma.

47 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Its deffo a thing. Not sure what year from. But leicester station was all locked up when we played spurs the other year 2104. 

We got a taxi to parcel yard and the place was all locked up and parcel yard closed. Town was dead. 

Get yourself up high street, spoons is always rammed on boxing day some guy was naked in there by midday before the Man City game last year.

55 minutes ago, Donk said:

Why not just knock boxing day off and play the weekends if transports the issue?

Oh cos its tradition.

Lets play all the games boxing day its tradition.

Oh we cant get there.

Earlier kick off’s allow people to drive themselves or call in favours from friends/family. 

I personally will walk to the game cos I’m near enough but there’s plenty of fans from the County who have a difficult decision to make. My idea of fun isn’t being sober driving down an A road at 10.30pm on Boxing Day night.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

is leicester the only place in the world that doesn't think boxing day is a real day? probably the busiest and most enjoyable day and night of the year in most other cities. 

It’s dead. I’ve struggled to find many pubs open at 12 in Leicester on Boxing Day 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

The reason we ended up on boxing day was because we dropped tradition, used to play Christmas day before people realised it was better to glutton yourself into a coma.

Get yourself up high street, spoons is always rammed on boxing day some guy was naked in there by midday before the Man City game last year.

Thats the Christmas SPRIT...........

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Earlier kick off’s allow people to drive themselves or call in favours from friends/family. 

I personally will walk to the game cos I’m near enough but there’s plenty of fans from the County who have a difficult decision to make. My idea of fun isn’t being sober driving down an A road at 10.30pm on Boxing Day night.

Oh well. Tough tits then mate 

46 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

is leicester the only place in the world that doesn't think boxing day is a real day? probably the busiest and most enjoyable day and night of the year in most other cities. 

Genuinely just thinking this myself. Boxing Day is THE day.