Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

YOURI TIELEMANS SIGNS!

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Wasted by Rodgers so far. Why spend £40m on somebody who played fantastically last season to play him out of position

You can't blame Rodgers for his constant dwelling on the ball when a quick counter attacking pass has been there tbf.

He's just been shit so far, you can't blame that all on Rodgers.

He needs dropping for a couple of games to show him he's not undroppable.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You can't blame Rodgers for his constant dwelling on the ball when a quick counter attacking pass has been there tbf.

He's just been shit so far, you can't blame that all on Rodgers.

He needs dropping for a couple of games to show him he's not undroppable.

Whatever you say

Negative manager= Negative mentality

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Wasted by Rodgers so far. Why spend £40m on somebody who played fantastically last season to play him out of position

He's playing in the exact same position as last season.

We've changed up his midfield partner and the wingers around him, that seems to be the issue.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

He's playing in the exact same position as last season.

We've changed up his midfield partner and the wingers around him, that seems to be the issue.

He's playing much further forward imo. Trying to pick up the space Maddison (a proper number 10) has left behind

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

He's playing much further forward imo. Trying to pick up the space Maddison (a proper number 10) has left behind

Because we have Maddison on the wing, or cutting in next to Your which nullifys the pass. We need to stop fücking about with 2 DMs and get 2 actual wingers on the pitch to make the most out of having YT and JM on the pitch or we will se more results like today. 

• Like 4

Hasn't got going yet but it's no surprise that his (and our) best performance came against Bournemouth playing alongside Maddison in the middle. Two wingers plus Maddison gives him far more time to dictate the game and he hasn't had that time so far. 

Also, I don't really see why when Perez plays, Perez comes inside and Tielemans moves to the right. It doesn't work.

Edited by Jonaldinho
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

Hasn't got going yet but it's no surprise that his (and our) best performance came against Bournemouth playing alongside Maddison in the middle. Two wingers plus Maddison gives him far more time to dictate the game and he hasn't had that time so far. 

Also, I don't really see why when Perez plays, Perez comes inside and Tielemans moves to the right. It doesn't work.

We seem to have to many central players. We should have gone all out to buy a proper winger.

I am so disappointed with his play this season so far. Yes we've had an occassional glimpse of his great talents particularly in the second half of some games but he has been slow. Physically he just hasn't been up with the play and this has meant that most of his passes have been backwards or sideways. This has also impacted on his mental quickness - today he got the ball just outside the box in the second half. Perez made a great move in front of him and just needed the ball slipped through as he did so often for Vardy last season but instead he shot - waaay over the bar.

He looks a little overweight and he's playing as though he's unfit, though I'm sure he isn't. I'm sure in matches where he has more time he'll excell again but I'm just hoping this is  blip and it wasn't the end of last season that was the blip. I do agree that BR isn't helping him with the system he's playing though.

Every game he's played this season as part of a midfield three he's been bang average.

The formation holds him back, as soon as Choudhury came off today, Youri started to get more of the ball and tried to make things happen, second half for me he was the best of a bad bunch.

As seen against Bournemouth when played in a two, he is far more effective.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Every game he's played this season as part of a midfield three he's been bang average.

The formation holds him back, as soon as Choudhury came off today, Youri started to get more of the ball and tried to make things happen, second half for me he was the best of a bad bunch.

As seen against Bournemouth when played in a two, he is far more effective.

He was playing in a three against Bournemouth - Wilf and Maddison alongside him. Albrighton and Barnes on the wings. 

He has been disappointing and I love the lad to bits. Just seems to prosper when Maddison is a target for him to link the play short and that also enables him to go longer to Vardy in the channels. When he plays with two DMs there is thirty yards of space in front of him 

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

I am so disappointed with his play this season so far. Yes we've had an occassional glimpse of his great talents particularly in the second half of some games but he has been slow. Physically he just hasn't been up with the play and this has meant that most of his passes have been backwards or sideways. This has also impacted on his mental quickness - today he got the ball just outside the box in the second half. Perez made a great move in front of him and just needed the ball slipped through as he did so often for Vardy last season but instead he shot - waaay over the bar.

He looks a little overweight and he's playing as though he's unfit, though I'm sure he isn't. I'm sure in matches where he has more time he'll excell again but I'm just hoping this is  blip and it wasn't the end of last season that was the blip. I do agree that BR isn't helping him with the system he's playing though.

Completely agree. People are being well too lenient with him, blaming it all on Rodgers' tactics (which I agree are constricting us).

Regardless of how Rodgers sets up though, it doesn't affect how he just keeps slowing down the play and not spotting good runs and potential counter-attacks - it's not Rodgers or where his teammates are who are at fault when he fails to look up to spot a simple pass and instead dwells on the ball, that's just poor anticipation and decision making from the individual.

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Class today 

Yeah Primary with Mrs.Sutton

2 minutes ago, nettle said:

He looks decent in a Belgium shirt and he plays slightly further back👍🏻. I thought he looked fairly decent today as someone else alluded to earlier he looked better when only one holding midfielder was playing.

International football is so much slower. He is a class player but at the moment he needs time which he hasn't got and he needs to run faster, which he isn't doing. 

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Yeah Primary with Mrs.Sutton

International football is so much slower. He is a class player but at the moment he needs time which he hasn't got and he needs to run faster, which he isn't doing. 

I agree to a certain extent but I think the chemistry from last year with Madison playing ahead of him was more natural which helped us  and him move the the ball quicker. The tactics aren't really suiting us at the moment.

• Like 1