Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

YOURI TIELEMANS SIGNS!

I think he could use a couple more bleep tests and a bit of speed work! Whilst his brain and skills make up for his lack of clear pace I do wonder if we can get a bit more speed and fitness from him as the season progresses! He may have enjoyed his summer a bit much!

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's human. Did you watch the match?

Thanks for the clarification that he's human. 

Yes I saw the match last night and his performances in the opening 3 league games.. 

IMO he is well off the level he showed while on loan last season.. Or don't you agree? 

13 minutes ago, Tommo220 said:

Who has started the season well really?  he isn't the only one thats been slow out of the blocks.

it does concern me sometimes as to how quickly we as a fanbase can be to jump on a players back.

Albrighton was by far our best player in Pre season and guess what.. He isn't playing now!!? 

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Thanks for the clarification that he's human. 

Yes I saw the match last night and his performances in the opening 3 league games.. 

IMO he is well off the level he showed while on loan last season.. Or don't you agree? 

No, he wasn't great at Sheffield. I was just wondering how you managed to see the whole match - did you go?

• Like 1

His performance in the start of this season isn't on par with his performance at the end of last season. I think thats a fair judgement to make on the 4 games so far. Is this down to the tactics which we are playing currently that is not getting the most out of him or just he isn't yet upto match speed from the break?  I dont know the answer and realistically none on this board do.

At this point in time I am not unduly worried either way and am still really pleased we were able to get him on a permanent. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

I get the feeling there are some unrealistic expectations set on Tielemans after all the hype around will he/won’t he sign in the summmer. I get he cost big money but looking at it the other way this is a player who is still young and didn’t have the best of times at Monaco and as much as I think he’ll prove to be a great signing in time it’s wise to temper expectations and keep feet on the ground somewhat. Yes he had a great 6 months on loan but this often happens with loan signings who then join permanently.

for 3 months last season he was like a pro player joining in a game of sunday league he was that much better than everyone else on the pitch, every week. 

three or four games of 5/6 out of 10 performances in a quite frankly horrible system that we will almost definitely give up on soon isn’t gonna change the fact that he is sensational at football. chill out everyone. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I get the feeling there are some unrealistic expectations set on Tielemans after all the hype around will he/won’t he sign in the summmer. I get he cost big money but looking at it the other way this is a player who is still young and didn’t have the best of times at Monaco and as much as I think he’ll prove to be a great signing in time it’s wise to temper expectations and keep feet on the ground somewhat. Yes he had a great 6 months on loan but this often happens with loan signings who then join permanently.

I'm not sure it's that unrealistic to expect him to carry on where he left off. He was pretty consistent... but then again, Puel II has had a bang to the head over the summer an decided to chuck in the bin what was working. So I'm not pointing the finger at any of our forward thinking players yet.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Albrighton was by far our best player in Pre season and guess what.. He isn't playing now!!? 

Iheanacho also had a decent Pre Season and couldn't even make the bench for the league cup? Something doesn't seem right. I think both Albrighton and Iheanacho should have had some game time. Perez has been quite average

IMO I can't help but feel we've changed the system from one we knew worked for us.

We ****ed up big time by thinking that Perez is a winger. The 4-1-4-1 worked perfectly. We need to get Albrighton and/or Barnes into the side.

Ndidi

Albrighton Perez Tielemans Maddison

Ndidi

Albrighton Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Tielemans' talents are being wasted in a narrow 4-3-3.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

He was slow to get going in his loan spell, too.

I just think he has a body type that requires him to be in the full swing of things to be able to operate at 100%.

He'll come good again in the next few games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

IMO I can't help but feel we've changed the system from one we knew worked for us.

We ****ed up big time by thinking that Perez is a winger. The 4-1-4-1 worked perfectly. We need to get Albrighton and/or Barnes into the side.

Ndidi

Albrighton Perez Tielemans Maddison

Ndidi

Albrighton Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Tielemans' talents are being wasted in a narrow 4-3-3.

i agree that 4141 worked magically last year and we all thought with 1 more world class winger we could be amazing.

I just hope rogers gets it right! Else he will never get a top 10 job prem job again.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

Much much better 2nd half after he got his goal. Lots of ambitious balls to start the 2nd half that didnt come off but as the game opened up as we picked them off he was classy. I noticed he camped himself further up pitch again once he was back with Maddison in that duel 8 role and he is much more effective there. 

Still probably in 2nd or 3rd gear but a goal and an assist will do him the world of good. Possibly could have got a red card if the VAR lottery had gone against him but I dont think he meant it and a yellow would have been fair a year ago anyway but slow motion can make it look as bad or as worse as you want it to look.

Now just need a masterclass from him in two weeks against them bastards from Salford.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Much much better 2nd half after he got his goal. Lots of ambitious balls to start the 2nd half that didnt come off but as the game opened up as we picked them off he was classy. I noticed he camped himself further up pitch again once he was back with Maddison in that duel 8 role and he is much more effective there. 

Still probably in 2nd or 3rd gear but a goal and an assist will do him the world of good. Possibly could have got a red card if the VAR lottery had gone against him but I dont think he meant it and a yellow would have been fair a year ago anyway but slow motion can make it look as bad or as worse as you want it to look.

Now just need a masterclass from him in two weeks against them bastards from Salford.

Could well rest on him stepping up to the plate, I can see us going back to the Hamza Ndidi double act in midfield leaving Maddison slightly wider and him being responsible for running the central part of the last third of the pitch.

Mind you they look shite at the moment so maybe not

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The goal definitely settled him and he improved a lot after it went in. He deserves credit for making the run to get onto it because as a team I feel that only Vardy really ever goes hell for leather to try and score. It's definitely something Rodgers is working with the squad on improving. Also very much agree that when he and Maddison plays as dual 8's, both look much better. There was a great move where Tielemans slotted Maddison through who narrowly put it wide which was really slick.

Overall I reckon his performance was a 7/10, but that's mainly because of the levels we know Youri can play at. Today for me was the first time one of our attacking players had a killer game in Vardy who was at his very best. Maddison and Tielemans have yet to have a game like that this season, so I'd love it if the two of them could have a game like that against either Man United or Spurs :cool:. We know both are capable of it and know that at some point they will hit that level.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm honestly not sure we've signed the same player we had last season.

He's been really poor so far. He just seems to dwell on the ball and slow down and kill all our potential 

The exact opposite of the quick passing player we had last season.

I'd be tempted to drop him and give Praet a chance to show us what he's got.

Edited by Sampson