Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2019-20

5 hours ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Comfortable win for Lyon. Man City were poor going forward and even worse at the back.

BT commentary made for great listening. Having to hear the media's delusions about the superiority of English football going unchallenged all year long just makes these reality checks all the sweeter.

Yep. Can remember I got slated for saying this was a weak Premier League earlier in the season and it looks like time did its thing. It just doesn't get picked up on by the media because their darlings won the league.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep. Can remember I got slated for saying this was a weak Premier League earlier in the season and it looks like time did its thing. It just doesn't get picked up on by the media because their darlings won the league.

Yep, in the season we won a 'poor' Premier League, premier league teams got to a semi final of the champions league and final of the europa league.

Unless Man Utd win the Europa League, does that mean we can call this seasons premier league weaker than 2015/16?

Anything can happen in one off ties, amazing how quickly people jump on the premier League is shit bandwagon as soon as a club fails. 

Coincidence that 4 clubs gone through have had a good break and rest over last month or so. Certainly seem fresher. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He's also won an FA Cup and two League Cups.

Yes I'm being a dick I just don't get the obsession. 

He went there to be better in Europe as well as domestically. Of course he's won more (pretty poor if he didn't) but he'd expect to be in at least one semi-final with Man City.

He's said things that, even if true or partly true, have annoyed our fans. People want to give a bit back. It's nothing malicious, doesn't diminish what he did for us, just a bit of schadenfreude for an evening.

People have got to remember Man City won on statistics though.... :yawn:

When will people stop making such ridiculous comments, football isn’t played on statistics.

I’m just glad this piss poor style Barca and Man City play that so many teams look up to, try to copy has been beaten and beaten well, it’s a dire way of playing and you can’t even argue the case it’s exciting or entertaining to watch that’s my main issue with it if anything.

Oh well, looks like Pep will need another £300m war chest. 

Edited by Matt

Liverpool fans are complaining that Steve McManaman was biased in commentary last night.

A fanbase who McManaman himself panders to, and has Jamie Carragher actively celebrating goals they've scored, complaining about partisan commentary.

Annoying, innit, when it's basically FanZone? Now they know how the rest of us feel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Shinji would have slipped, the ball would have hit his face, bounced off both posts, then back onto Shinji lying on the ground and then off his head to go into the back of the next. But he would still have scored!

It would have just sneaked over the line, Shinji rarely hit the back of the net.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nalis said:

Yep, in the season we won a 'poor' Premier League, premier league teams got to a semi final of the champions league and final of the europa league.

Unless Man Utd win the Europa League, does that mean we can call this seasons premier league weaker than 2015/16?

I really don't think it was much better, if any this year either. The collective European effort has been a bit embarrassing really, I hope we don't follow suit next year lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I really don't think it was much better, if any this year either. The collective European effort has been a bit embarrassing really, I hope we don't follow suit next year lol 

Leipzig...doing what Leicester cant...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Leipzig are a very good team with an excellent coach.

Totally agree....

They Havent yet grabbed a title,but they are slowly becoming the new German name,who has found an Ethos & character,that might take their club

Into that new adventure, of European football....

New franchise with no soul vs rich oil club with no soul tonight.

Not sure who to back tonight. I didn't think Leipzig would beat Atletico and I think PSG are favourites tonight. Especially with Neymar and Mbappe - when they're on it they're frightening.