Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

It's a bit of a stretch to try to put a negative spin on the signing of Kante. The only bad thing about it was that we could have got a lot more money for him had it not been for the min. release clause, but then he probably wouldn't have signed without it. We quadrupled our money, and had a world class player help us to a PL title in the meantime.

I do get where you're coming from, but there's every chance a player like Praet would be happy here once he'd arrived. Of course, with more glamourous clubs showing interest, Leicester probably wouldn't feature highly on his list of destinations, but we can be pretty sure the club is a good place to play football right now, and that can count for a lot.

I think you have misunderstood me if you think I was putting a negative spin on the signing of Kante.  I was saying that it would be wise to avoid players that don't want to come here and that we should not use the successful Kante signing as an argument in favour of it.

12 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think you have misunderstood me if you think I was putting a negative spin on the signing of Kante.  I was saying that it would be wise to avoid players that don't want to come here and that we should not use the successful Kante signing as an argument in favour of it.

Okay. I agree to a point. I think you're probably right that it's better to favour players who do want to sign for us over those who don't. However, I don't think those who have reservations should be avoided completely, as they might find they're happy to be here after they've been convinced to join. In fact, signing a few who we think are slightly out of our reach could help boost the profile of the club.

3 hours ago, GDesign_JRC said:

The one which was bought is Fiorentina 

Fiorentina have been bought this summer but over the past few days there's been a lot of talk that a Vialli-led consortium are buying Sampdoria, which is what he's referring to I'd assume.

15 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Where did you read this buddy?

MILAN SOCCER SALE - In England they are confident: Leicester City , which has just pocketed 88 million euros from Manchester United for the sale of central defender Harry Maguire , has raised its offer to Sampdoria for Dennis Praet , class 1994 , Belgian midfielder of Sampdoria that pleases the Milan of Marco Giampaolo and to Valencia . From the 18 million euros of the first proposal, in fact, the ' Foxes ' would have risen to20 million euros more bonuses to bring the former Anderlecht to play in the Premier League

-------------------

Leicester overtakes Valencia for Sampdoria midfielder Dennis Praet. The English club would be ready to raise the bid for the 24-year-old Belgian after the first proposal of 18 million plus bonuses. The English tabloids now talk about a possible re-launch with the fixed fee above 20 million plus any bonuses. Figures that could cause blucerchiati to falter even if there is strong competition for Praet who also likes it in Italy. 

The big disclaimer being that I am not aware of the reliability of these sources. Could easily just be like the equivalent of tabloid rumours in UK as well...

• Like 1

Was under the impression that this was somehow linked to AC Milan, they wanted him, couldn`t afford him, , wanted to sell Suso, who they now like after pres-season, etc, carnage, chaos, etc