Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

It's difficult to be excited about a potential signing that is clearly weighing up his options and waiting for the big-name club to stump up the cash. Not expecting this to happen due to apparent interest from other clubs, plus there's no point having a player who doesn't want to really be here. I imagine there will be other targets in the pipeline. There's still two weeks to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dayday said:

As you have seen quite a bit of him, how highly do you rate him?

I have not seen him play at all since he left Anderlecht for Sampdoria. Technically skilled player, lacked some physical presence when he was still at anderlecht but apparently he did well in Italy. He plays a different role there. At anderlecht he played as a number 10 or even from the wing. At sampdoria he plays more like a 6-8, controlling midfielder and as a result his goals and assist stats dropped significantly. I think it would be a quality signing to provide some depth and different options.

• Like 4

On 24/07/2019 at 11:26, LinekersApples said:

This has legs. We are in for him. Expect movement very soon.

if you doubt it, the info below should confirm we are at the table:

74B23F2C-3C66-4062-B0A5-7E3E5ECE4E13.jpeg

By ‘very soon’ LA, what sort of timescale did you have in mind? :tumbleweed:

3 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

I was right about Evans (give or take a year)

I was very clear about Mahrez having to stay and when he would leave

I told you Youri would stay from day 1

Townsend will always be linked to Leicester (mainly because of her excellent Adrien Mole books)

What more do you want from me?

Very soon = in the next fortnight ;)

Something more than what Sean offers up lol

14 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

I was right about Evans (give or take a year)

I was very clear about Mahrez having to stay and when he would leave

I told you Youri would stay from day 1

Townsend will always be linked to Leicester (mainly because of her excellent Adrien Mole books)

What more do you want from me?

Very soon = in the next fortnight ;)

So by close of the window? Ta very much! ???

6 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

It’s all gone quiet :dunno:

So Milan is the competition I believe, where he would get to work with an ex Manager, who he likes (So the internet informs me anyway)

The same Milan who have Suso on their books. All seems very murky and seedy...

Is my understanding/opinion bull hocks?

11 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Correct. + they have FFP issues but are shipping a few out including 20m worth to Wolves.

Milan always sounds tempting, but I’ve been there many times and apart from the quaint 1930s trams, it’s quite an industrial town. It has nothing on NewParks.

I was told he was keen, but have heard nothing since. 

Would you be more confident of us signing Praet or a Suso? 

Feeling the Praet would be agent talk potentially or something with us playing cards for Suso. 

On 24/07/2019 at 21:25, Bezzanator89 said:

It's difficult to be excited about a potential signing that is clearly weighing up his options and waiting for the big-name club to stump up the cash. Not expecting this to happen due to apparent interest from other clubs, plus there's no point having a player who doesn't want to really be here. I imagine there will be other targets in the pipeline. There's still two weeks to go.

On 24/07/2019 at 21:33, kristianity77 said:

Phew, good job you weren't on the board when we signed Kante! 

You can't always use a single example to prove a rule, just as we can't always use Vardy as an example to prove that players will always come good.  The vast majority of flops don't.

Kante was extraordinary but even then he couldn't get away quick enough and I don't think it is good practice to sign a player who has little interest in coming here.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, murphy said:

You can't always use a single example to prove a rule, just as we can't always use Vardy as an example to prove that players will always come good.  The vast majority of flops don't.

Kante was extraordinary but even then he couldn't get away quick enough and I don't think it is good practice to sign a player who has little interest in coming here.

It's a bit of a stretch to try to put a negative spin on the signing of Kante. The only bad thing about it was that we could have got a lot more money for him had it not been for the min. release clause, but then he probably wouldn't have signed without it. We quadrupled our money, and had a world class player help us to a PL title in the meantime.

I do get where you're coming from, but there's every chance a player like Praet would be happy here once he'd arrived. Of course, with more glamourous clubs showing interest, Leicester probably wouldn't feature highly on his list of destinations, but we can be pretty sure the club is a good place to play football right now, and that can count for a lot.

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Correct. + they have FFP issues but are shipping a few out including 20m worth to Wolves.

Milan always sounds tempting, but I’ve been there many times and apart from the quaint 1930s trams, it’s quite an industrial town. It has nothing on NewParks.

You bloody tease!

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Well hopefully we can sort out their FFP by letting us take their Spanish right winger :ph34r:

In all seriousness, I presume the way the Andre Silva deal fell through has affected their other deals ATM. Be good to get one of praet/sanson or that kind of midfielder in asap as then they can get used to the system BR employs. Then be ready for an opportunity of a winger if one arises. 

• Like 1