Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

10 minutes ago, Cujek said:

FFS give it a rest.

King has not weakened us in anyway what so ever, bringing him up in ever transfer thread is sad and a bit weird.

What has be actually contributed during this period

Certainly looking more likely than not, but the "other targets" comment is curious, but is probaly just a hurry up action to Sampdoria

Cool.

On the basis that Ritchie De Laet was (possibly incorrectly) pronounced De Lat, that surely means this bloke is Dennis Prat?

EDIT: Actually, football fans' pronunciations are not generally to be relied upon. Paul Kanchelsky, Rachid Gazelle, etc.

Edited by Saxondale
Anus

21 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I’m not in a panic as I think we have other areas more important to strengthen, but maybe the club will wait to let the dust settle until January 

I’m only tugging your third leg duck #blamewellens

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/leicester-and-premier-league-get-ready-for-dennis-praet-11914

Interesting article. They class Praet as a half N'Didi, half Tielemans, someone who likes to dribble alot.

a Good player to have for our squad and adds something different to the squad. I'm liking the idea of him coming, but got to reserve judgement as ive never seen him play

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

so he's 1/3rd Ndidi, 1/3rd Tielemans and 1/3rd Harry Kane?

Just now, weller54 said:

... Like Harry Kane then? 

Sorry @weller54 - you missed out by seconds ;)

According to Rob Tanner, the feeling is that Praet wants to move, so it's basically between us and Sampdoria to thrash an agreement out. They apparently want in the region of €25m, and we're not too keen on paying that much for someone who may only be the backup option, and would prefer a loan with option to buy (or presumably a lower outright fee).

Edited by TeePee

2 minutes ago, TeePee said:

According to Rob Tanner, the feeling is that Praet wants to move, so it's basically between us and Sampdoria to thrash an agreement it out. They apparently want in the region of €25m, and we're not too keen on paying that much for someone who may only be the backup option, and would prefer a loan with option to buy (or presumably a lower outright fee).

Ever get the feeling that Tielemans has spoken to him to convince him to sign? 

Also, my personal opinion is that £20m(ish) isn't that bad and I would pay it. It's not an outrageous fee for an 'all round' midfielder. I'd be happy for the club to pay this. 

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Also, my personal opinion is that £20m(ish) isn't that bad and I would pay it. It's not an outrageous fee for an 'all round' midfielder. I'd be happy for the club to pay this. 

Eh, I'm less excited by it tbh - if we didn't have Adrien Silva sitting in the squad (or looked like we were going to get money in the £15-20m vicinity for him), I'd be a bit happier, but it feels like we're spending more money than we'd need to on a player who's likely to be third choice in his best position. For me, Adrien Silva could do that role to at least a comparable level, and wouldn't cost us eight figures and god knows what in additional wages (yes, he'll still be on decent wages, but we're paying those anyway, might as well play him!). Can't help but feel we could be better investing that money elsewhere in the squad. Happy to be proved wrong though, and if he does come through the door I'm sure he'll do a job, just feels a bit steep. A loan deal for me is the best option here.

Edited by TeePee

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Cool.

On the basis that Ritchie De Laet was (possibly incorrectly) pronounced De Lat, that surely means this bloke is Dennis Prat?

EDIT: Actually, football fans' pronunciations are not generally to be relied upon. Paul Kanchelsky, Rachid Gazelle, etc.

Most people couldn't even manage Chris Wood. 

• Haha 1

Cool.

I'll go with Mersons version!

15 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

When did you last exchange money?

Pre Brexit I assume.

£23.4m and climbing.

• Haha 2

Cool.

It's a softer and slightly longer sound than the hard sound in pratt. 

The interviewer says it straight away here.