Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

With regards to us supposedly willing to double his wages, he is currently on €27k p/w, I imagine we are probably offering him £50k p/w if it is true, which these days, is pretty normal for a rotation player in a side trying to really push on and have good squad depth

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That would be a potential waste of his goal scoring ability, not to mention his assists. Dennis Praet doesn't score or assist much for the type of player he is, for us to move a player that does naturally do that in to a deeper role to accommodate everyone then we might run ourselves in to trouble and we'd deserve it. Don't muck about with the fresh prince (of Belgium).

That a fair point. I think when he plays deeper for Belgium it's because they have so many goalscorers (Lukaku, Hazard, Mertens, De Bruyne) and very few decent holding midfielders. I was a bit naive in not thinking about the differences in our squad to Belgium because we need Tielemans' goal threat whereas they don't. He's definitely capable of the role if needed though. He's an incredibly talented player! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Calling out Kingy as "soaking up wages" ahead of Slimani and Silva. Okay :schmike:

All of them, just couldn’t be bothered to type it all out. AK has hidden behind “loyalty” at the detriment of his playing career for too long to maintain any of my respect though. He was at the forefront of my mind for that reason.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

With regards to us supposedly willing to double his wages, he is currently on €27k p/w, I imagine we are probably offering him £50k p/w if it is true, which these days, is pretty normal for a rotation player in a side trying to really push on and have good squad depth

tax bracket will be 50% here and i highly doubt he’s in that bracket where he is now so we’ll have to offer a bit more than that id imagine!

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

No theyll just come out with the usual stuff and then say they didnt say that anyway

Mad isn't it! lol 

I kept saying we're spending big over and over and over, backed up by credible journalists and it was just "Naa mate we definitely aren't"

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Mad isn't it! lol 

I kept saying we're spending big over and over and over, backed up by credible journalists and it was just "Naa mate we definitely aren't"

Still not convinced....:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Mad isn't it! lol 

Always caveated with "but I'll be happy if we do" or "I'm just pointing out they kept mentioning sustainable" to give themselves a route out after they decided to lecture everyone about something they had no idea about.

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Mad isn't it! lol 

I was certainly one of those not convinced, purely because there was scant evidence of us doing so in previous years without selling someone for big money. We could still end up doing that and not spending the Maguire money and we'd be technically no different to previous years, but I don't think we would unless we fail to land the targets we want in midfield. I'm glad we are showing more ambition and taking a calculated risk this summer, the change in the FFP rules (which wasn't common knowledge back in May/June) has definitely helped as well as the steady profits we have been turning in recent years and not blasting it all.

1 hour ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Never seen him, know nothing about him but if he's mates with Youri, sign him up. Keep the sweet Prince happy at all costs. :brendan:

Hmmmm... wasn't that part of the idea of signing the Algerian Slimani to be the "comfort goat" for Mahrez?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

This is what we need not playing two DM and going sideways all day against the so called lesser teams. This ultimately was CPs downfall, not the performances against top half sides but failing to change the system and go for the throat against the likes of Cardiff Southampton etc.  If we want to build a decent squad with enough depth to challenge for (and ultimately play in) European competition then we simply cannot rely on just having a strong starting 11. (2016/17 showed us that as our European adventure continued so our league form dipped).  Players also have to realise that this will mean rotation and as much as we the fans want to see our favourites play every week, it is not realistically sustainable.  If players want to be part of a squad that can challenge and win things then they too have to accept that they will not play every game.

If it was that simple you'd never need a defensive midfielder just attacking midfielders which is a recipe for being caught out against teams like Cardiff. I don't think it was necessarily this that was Puels downfall. There were times when you could see him going nuts on the sideline and he in fact commented that this passing back and sideways was not part of his instructions. Let's remember,  he didn't have time to get any benefit from Tielemans, Rodgers was very lucky with what he inherited and when. That's in no way wishing to do Rodgers down or acknowledge the positive atmosphere he's created. A successful midfield has to be a balanced one, sometimes that balance may be different dependent on the opposition. Puel didn't have the players for a balanced midfield it could be argued.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

“DUDE!” 

He he is creating a team over the next few days. One of them will have that task I imagine. 

Minister of arse wipe

That used to be an actual job in the days of Henry VIII - master of the stool. I wouldn’t put it past Boris to reintroduce it.

Edited by ClaphamFox