Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

So he can play, 8 and 10 so he's the cover for YT and JM - fair enough but we're all excited because he's apparently 'good on the ball and attacking or whatever and we may get rid of Ghezzal'......but... but.... but he doesn't assist or score goals...... and he's not a DM he's box to box....

I aint really all that fuching excited but we need cover at 8 and 10 as a priority as Hamza clearly is cover for Wilf and Mendy, Silva, Ghezzal, Amartey are surplus and being sold.

His playing position bar injury to YT and JM will basically be bench then?

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So he can play, 8 and 10 so he's the cover for YT and JM - fair enough but we're all excited because he's apparently 'good on the ball and attacking or whatever and we may get rid of Ghezzal'......but... but.... but he doesn't assist or score goals...... and he's not a DM he's box to box....

I aint really all that fuching excited but we need cover at 8 and 10 as a priority as Hamza clearly is cover for Wilf and Mendy, Silva, Ghezzal, Amartey are surplus and being sold.

His old manager still appears desperate to take him to Milan which is a good sign as not taken any other players.

If we dont another attacking player, I could see maddison and perez alongside vards with him and youri replicating their old anderlecht days. Probably not the most exciting but could be vital when we need to make changes and the drop in quality will be less pronounced. 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Somebody, a few somebodies, need to be willing to play that "position". :dunno:

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

If Ghezzal goes there in a part exchange Rudkin and Susan are getting a statue outside the ground lol

The most outrageous deal since getting our money back on Musa. 

You forgot Slimani.

Once that deal is done, then we can talk statue. :D

6 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Not afraid to admit... I know very little about Praet... is he a winger? No. 10? Centre mid?

Usually played as a central midfielder in recent seasons, but can also be deployed on either wing.

Think Kapustka, with a bit more pedigree and ability. :ph34r:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

If Ghezzal goes there in a part exchange Rudkin and Susan are getting a statue outside the ground lol

The most outrageous deal since getting our money back on Musa. 

They could sell Ice to an Eskimo mate... They will see to it this deal goes through.

I'm not a fan of Ghezzal particularly however if he is the makeweight then we'd absolutely have to bring in another winger. As bloody awful as he is, he's still a winger and we haven't got many of those.

Just now, Paddy. said:

I'm not a fan of Ghezzal particularly however if he is the makeweight then we'd absolutely have to bring in another winger. As bloody awful as he is, he's still a winger and we haven't got many of those.

We’ve sort of got four. 

Just now, Paddy. said:

Agree, and don’t forget, GRAY IS ACTUAL BOBBINS :mad:

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I don't think that will be necessary. Perez, Barnes, Albrighton and Gray is fine. Then you've also got Ricardo, Maddison or, apparently, Praet there in case of an injury-crisis. I doubt Diabate or Kapustka would be much worse than Ghezzal on the wing, either.

51 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

It might suggest that we are not going to be playing with wingers.  4-3-3 may be the preferred option.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1162642/Leicester-transfer-news-Dennis-Praet-Sampdoria-Arsenal

What Arsenal really thought about signing Dennis Praet as Leicester close in on deal
LEICESTER CITY are close to sealing a deal with Sampdoria for midfielder Dennis Praet who had previously been linked with a move to Arsenal.
By LLOYD JOHNSON
PUBLISHED: 07:15, Wed, Aug 7, 2019 | UPDATED: 09:01, Wed, Aug 7, 2019
Dennis Praet and UC Sampdoria complete drills in training

Leicester now face a race against the clock to spend the £80million they received for agreeing to sell Harry Maguire to Manchester United as the transfer window closes at 5pm on Thursday.

One target Foxes boss Brendan Rogers is reportedly close to sealing is for Sampdoria midfielder Dennis Praet.

The 25-year-old found the back of net twice and created three assists in 34 Seria A appearances last season and could make the move to the King Power Stadium in a deal worth around £20m.

Praet has previously been linked with Arsenal this summer, but according to Serie A transfer expert, Fabrizio Romano, the Gunners were never interested, despite plenty of speculation.

RELATED ARTICLES

Man Utd fans have Harry Maguire conspiracy theory

What Arsenal may offer RB Leipzig for Dayot Upamecano swap
Romano does, however, claim Leicester have already agreed personal terms with Praet and that an agreement over the fee is close between clubs.

Praet, who has three caps for Belgium, joined Sampdoria in 2016 for a reported fee of €10m (£9.2m) after having spent five years with Anderlecht, where he progressed through their academy.

And according to the Mirror, Rodgers is willing to include winger Rachid Ghezzal as part of a player-plus-cash swap deal.

Ghezzal signed from Monaco for £12m last summer but has struggled to make an impact for the Foxes despite making 23 appearances last season.

Leicester transfer news: Dennis Praet scored 3 goals and 2 assists for Sampdoria last season (Image: GETTY)
Rodgers has not been shy to spend money during this window having spent over £70m on just two players.

Leicester signed striker Ayoze Perez from Newcastle United for £30m on a four-year deal.

The 26-year-old was a key player for the Magpies last season after scoring 12 goals in the 37 Premier League appearances.

The Foxes also signed Youri Tielemans from Moncao when they spent £40.5m on the Belgium midfielder.

The 22-year-old had joined the Foxes on loan last season, where he managed to score three goals and provided four assists in just 13 Premier League appearances.

Like Praet, Tielemans began his career at Anderlecht, where he became the youngest Belgian to play in the Champions League, aged 16 years and 148 days.

And Rodgers will hope the compatriots will be able to rediscover the chemistry they had while playing in Brussels.

As for finding a replacement for Maguire, Leicester have been linked with Burnley’s James Tarkowski and Bournemouth centre-back Nathan Ake.

However, Leicester are facing the problem that clubs are very much aware of the world-record fee they received for the England international and as such, the Clarets are reportedly seeking £40m for Tarkowski, while the Cherries are reportedly holding out for £75m for Ake.