Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Imagine we make another signing and then reject another approach from Utd for Maguire. Rudders, Whelan and Top are absolutely bossing it right now.

All 3 will be entitled to their own  ‘ deal with it’ gif.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

There are far too many people on this forum focused too much on the starting XI, and yet in December when we get to a League Cup quarter final they will complain because our first team players are too knackered to start, leaving average players like James and King to take on a top side.

You cannot go into a season playing two forward thinking no.8s with only Maddison and Tielemans that can play that role. Choudhury offers something different, and Mendy and Ndidi play the deeper role. As I've said earlier in this thread, the fact people think 6 players for 3 midfield positions is too much is completely beyond me.

This is a club that was so short of midfield options 5 years ago we sat and watched GTF and Hammond hold the midfield at Stamford Bridge on the second day of the season. Let's not have something like that happen again.

But I mean come on, that was funny to watch even as a Leicester fan. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I do wonder if against weaker opposition that park the bus, Rodgers might abandon Ndidi entirely and play Praet, Tielemans and Maddison together. 

Found it interesting it was ndidi who came off at home to Arsenal when they were down to ten men, leaving choudary on. We were going to have more of the ball and with all due respect to ndidi he isnt the type we need when we have the ball so I tend to agree with you! 

Edited by Lesta2014
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

He’s not going to come here to sit on the bench

This, this and this. I know we need another option but how can you get someone like Praet without lying about the amount of football they'll play? This is why I think the ideal solution is to get a winger like Brais Mendez who can play RW or AM so that if we need someone to fill in for Maddison or Tielemans then they can, if not they play with them on the wing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Found it interesting it was ndidi who came off at home to Arsenal when they were down to ten men, leaving choudary on. We were going to have more of the ball and with all due respect to ndidi he isnt the type we need when we have the ball so I tend to agree with you! 

Ndidi was the one who started to be subbed in other games prior to that too, which I believe was the first time he'd ever been subbed in a league game for us?

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Found it interesting it was ndidi who came off at home to Arsenal when they were down to ten men, leaving choudary on. We were going to have more of the ball and with all due respect to ndidi he is t the type we need when we have the ball so I tend to agree with you! 

Ndidi was already on a yellow and being a bit reckless - if we'd left him on it likely would have been 10v10 shortly after half time (refs typically have a slight subconcious bias towards levelling things up) so taking him off protected our extra-man advantage. Choudhury was playing like a man possessed that game as well, so fully deserved to stay on.

We didn't need as much defensive coverage anymore, so could afford to bring on Barnes as an extra attacking threat to pin them back a bit.

Wouldn't read too much into it beyond that.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Ndidi was already on a yellow and being a bit reckless - if we'd left him on it likely would have been 10v10 shortly after half time (refs typically have a slight subconcious bias towards levelling things up) so taking him off protected our extra-man advantage. Choudhury was playing like a man possessed that game as well, so fully deserved to stay on.

We didn't need as much defensive coverage anymore, so could afford to bring on Barnes as an extra attacking threat to pin them back a bit.

Wouldn't read too much into it beyond that.

Yep- remember him tracking one of their players back shoulder-to-shoulder on the counter. You just knew the ref would have been delighted to have evened it out if he'd gone over.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This, this and this. I know we need another option but how can you get someone like Praet without lying about the amount of football they'll play? This is why I think the ideal solution is to get a winger like Brais Mendez who can play RW or AM so that if we need someone to fill in for Maddison or Tielemans then they can, if not they play with them on the wing.

Maybe he’s been informed that although he May not start every week, that this season we will be looking at plenty of rotation & that if we qualify for Europe next season, minutes will be guaranteed.

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I do wonder if against weaker opposition that park the bus, Rodgers might abandon Ndidi entirely and play Praet, Tielemans and Maddison together. 

I could see Tielemans playing as a deep lying playmaker. He does it for Belgium I think. He doesn't have the defensive ability of Ndidi but in games where its not needed, I think he would be great for playing the ball forward quickly. Great shout by you! 

24 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

But I mean come on, that was funny to watch even as a Leicester fan. lol

I remember a few years before that in the infamous League Cup game at the Bridge where we had about 4 different variations in central midfield, ranging from Maybury and Kenton and Levi Porter and Shaun Newton. What a time. 

51 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I know very little about him so this is not an opinion, more of a set of observations and questions. Are we the only Premiership team interested? If so, what is it about him that makes people think he's 21m better than what we've already got in midfield?

Are we signing another Silva or Iborra who on paper had arguably better pedigree but couldn't adapt to the physicality or pace of our game and let's face it, the pace of Serie A is a holiday stroll in comparison. Would we not be better served saving the 21m, adding a bit more and buying the winger some want or player in a more attacking vein? Not being negative but this talk of assisting the assister sounds a bit contrived to me in order to make a simple game sound more complex. Have we even tried to get Choudhury or Mendy to play a slightly more attacking role, at least physicality and pace of the game are none issues for them. You can buy too many shiny things.

But that's boring :(

Spend Spend Spend :D

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Maybe he’s been informed that although he May not start every week, that this season we will be looking at plenty of rotation & that if we qualify for Europe next season, minutes will be guaranteed.

I'd be highly surprised if he agreed that, baring in mind there's been a number of reports that he isn't convinced about joining us. For that to change, i'd imagine it's down to a lot of money and blowing smoke up his 'rizole

8 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I could see Tielemans playing as a deep lying playmaker. He does it for Belgium I think. He doesn't have the defensive ability of Ndidi but in games where its not needed, I think he would be great for playing the ball forward quickly. Great shout by you! 

That would be a potential waste of his goal scoring ability, not to mention his assists. Dennis Praet doesn't score or assist much for the type of player he is, for us to move a player that does naturally do that in to a deeper role to accommodate everyone then we might run ourselves in to trouble and we'd deserve it. Don't muck about with the fresh prince (of Belgium).

Ignore me Billy, I realise you meant in games where we didn't need Ndidi. I should pay more attention!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billy Big Balls said:

This is what we need not playing two DM and going sideways all day against the so called lesser teams. This ultimately was CPs downfall, not the performances against top half sides but failing to change the system and go for the throat against the likes of Cardiff Southampton etc.  If we want to build a decent squad with enough depth to challenge for (and ultimately play in) European competition then we simply cannot rely on just having a strong starting 11. (2016/17 showed us that as our European adventure continued so our league form dipped).  Players also have to realise that this will mean rotation and as much as we the fans want to see our favourites play every week, it is not realistically sustainable.  If players want to be part of a squad that can challenge and win things then they too have to accept that they will not play every game.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'd be highly surprised if he agreed that, baring in mind there's been a number of reports that he isn't convinced about joining us. For that to change, i'd imagine it's down to a lot of money and blowing smoke up his 'rizole

That would be a potential waste of his goal scoring ability, not to mention his assists. Dennis Praet doesn't score or assist much for the type of player he is, for us to move a player that does naturally do that in to a deeper role to accommodate everyone then we might run ourselves in to trouble and we'd deserve it. Don't muck about with the fresh prince (of Belgium).

Supposedly stated we will double his wages says a lot. Would prefer someone like Samson or McGregor if they genuinely want to be here. Don’t want to end up like West Ham for example. 

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Supposedly stated we will double his wages says a lot. Would prefer someone like Samson or McGregor if they genuinely want to be here. Don’t want to end up like West Ham for example. 

To be fair, I bet he's only on £30k a week at Sampdoria.

• Like 1