Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxexile16

Matty James

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...then the fact that they have being paying him before, should mean it did not matter then so why should it matter now!!!

The only thing that I can see that would make them want recind his loan agreement, is if someone has recently divulged the cost of his wages.

The only other thing could be because they’re safe from relegation this season, and only have an outside chance of making the playoffs so will likely finish mid table anyway. So given the financial constraints of COVID they are potentially better off saving those wages and instead giving a chance to some of their younger players. Just one possibility.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

As per usual when reading the Matty James thread, it makes me very glad the club don't share the same lack of loyalty and empathy that a good number of our fanbase do, good grief. 

You don't run a football club on sentiments though do you.

James has been decent for us but the right thing now is for both parties to move on. We already gave him a staggering contract when he was injured which I think is enough loyalty to someone who hasn't made any more than 150 appareances for us in nearly a decade.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

The four year deal does look very long in hindsight but didn't he play several games at the start of that season? Had Shakespeare been in charge longer, he may've been a regular.

I appreciate the numbers look extortionate but let's not forget he missed out on the greatest season in the club's history and a probable title medal having suffered a serious injury when first choice. That must've really got to him and I'm sure he'd swap some of the money for more matches and fewer injuries. He clearly wants to play.

Barnsley CEO, Dane Murphy, has put the focus on the Tykes developing young talent, much to the dismay of some fans. He feels that Matty is taking a place away from a young homegrown player. 

His contract with Leicester runs till Jun 30, 2022

Edited by gurru991

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

As per usual when reading the Matty James thread, it makes me very glad the club don't share the same lack of loyalty and empathy that a good number of our fanbase do, good grief. 

32k a week.. we aren't a charity, arguably he could be hampering our chances of improving this squad if our issues are the wage bill which has been rumoured.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

32k a week.. we aren't a charity, arguably he could be hampering our chances of improving this squad if our issues are the wage bill which has been rumoured.

Leicester knowingly signed that contract & are obligated to honour it. It is not Matty's fault in the slightest.  They are paying Slim & Demarai for no returns as well. This is the cost of doing business at this level, not all deals work out & the club must accept that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Barnsley CEO, Dane Murphy, has put the focus on the Tykes developing young talent, much to the dismay of some fans. He feels that Matty is taking a place away from a young homegrown player. 

No it doesn't, it's up in June.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No it doesn't, it's up in June.

correct Ric Flair

https://www.lcfc.com/news/460136/matty-james-commits-future-to-leicester-city/press-release

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is not as if the club has taken out a full page advertisement to say "Matty James is bleading us dry"..!!!

The generosity of the club in taking care of one of its own is to be commended. I am sure it was not looked at as a commercial undertaking but to give a player the opportunity to rehabilitate and if in some way contribute back to the club, would have been the main concern.

I like to think that Leicester are one of the classiest clubs in the League & always do what's right.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Drinkwater was voted in the top 3 EFL players that season we won the league. What sort of witchcraft are you trying to peddle here?

Admittedly DD had a good season the year we won the league, But you also have to ask how much of that was down to Kante.

Time has thought is a lot of it was down to Kante.

In the Championship year Matty was a such a great player, skillful and elegant on the Ball with a good engine.

As to Vardy etc, they were all unproven at Prem level, though Kasper had played there before. Out of that team Matty is the one player I would have picked to step up to the Premiership. That's the point I was making in my earlier comment.

I think he done that playing alongside Cambiaso until his unfortunate Injury.

If he is going out on loan again to Coventry then I would think that's the end of his Career here.

I sincerely hope he stays injury free and manages to get some sort of a career before he retires.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Leicester knowingly signed that contract & are obligated to honour it. It is not Matty's fault in the slightest.  They are paying Slim & Demarai for no returns as well. This is the cost of doing business at this level, not all deals work out & the club must accept that.

Never suggested it was Mattys fault at all, just questionable why we would offer such a contract to him.

• Like 2

Should never have been given the last 4 year contract but  just shows how good our owners are . In nearly 9 years he’s made a total of 101 appearances god knows how many are sub appearances can’t be arsed to look . Hope he does well and gets  himself a permanent so we can eventually get him off our payroll and free up some money and squad space 

Edited by baldeagle