Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxexile16

Matty James

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Why are we helping them? Would have preferred he stayed where he was.

Maybe we’re helping James or helping ourselves?

Not sure where he lives but maybe it’s closer (although I imagine he lives in Cheshire?). 

Maybe Barnsley don’t want to/can’t afford to pay his wages, and Cov will cough up? 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

He was always twice the player Drinkwater was. He was the one real premiership player we had in our squad in the Championship.

Such a pity he had a bad injury.

I think Matty coming back free of injury is the reason we're going to allow Hamza to leave. Matty will be a squad player filling in from time to time.

I suspect Brendan will use that time to decide to keep him or let him go in the Summer.

No he wasn't. Why do people always say this lol James was/is a good footballer but he was never "twice the player of Drinkwater".

Drinkwater was one of our best players in our PL winning team. People forget how good he was. He could pick a pass from nothing.

James doesn't get in our team now and I don't know why people bring him up. Games pass hm by. He was doing well at Barnsley, and they liked him, plus they are having a good go at the play offs so he's in a decent side there. Let him go back.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Maybe we’re helping James or helping ourselves?

Not sure where he lives but maybe it’s closer (although I imagine he lives in Cheshire?). 

Maybe Barnsley don’t want to/can’t afford to pay his wages, and Cov will cough up? 

I’m not even sure where Coventry play anymore? :dunno:lol

• Haha 1

I always thought that James shaded it over DD and James was so unfortunate with his injury for the title season.  What I would say though is that DD stepped up magnificently during that season and we played a style that probably suited him better than it would have suited James.

At the end of the day, both players played valuable parts in our journey to where we are now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Throw him straight in against Stoke at the weekend alongside Mendy. 

Watch a re-run of the Newport Cup defeat and this may get you to delete this post.  Unfortunately, he is no longer up to playing for LCFC.  Great shame, but financially secure no doubt which is good for him.

15 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Seems like Barnsley don’t want to/ can’t afford to continue to pay his wages. Especially the mention of giving younger players a chance. So another loan seems the best bet for him. 

...if he could get them promoted, surely the money being paid in his wages, would be a better investment than another couple of seasons struggling to keep hold of their better players and continually having to rebuild!!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if he could get them promoted, surely the money being paid in his wages, would be a better investment than another couple of seasons struggling to keep hold of their better players and continually having to rebuild!!!

Depends on if they have a wage structure in place, and with a club the size of Barnsley it is probable that they do, and paying a higher amount of his wages would probably break that structure

Yes they could still do it, but then they run the risk of annoying all their other key players

How long is his contract with us, he hasn't been a fully active member of the squad since 14/15 season and since then he has only made 18 appearances 5/6 seasons! 

Get he's a nice guy and he's perhaps done a lot for the club but have we seriously been paying this guy 18k a week when he's not been out on loan to sit on a physios table? 

I'm a nice guy! I'll settle for £5k a week

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Depends on if they have a wage structure in place, and with a club the size of Barnsley it is probable that they do, and paying a higher amount of his wages would probably break that structure

Yes they could still do it, but then they run the risk of annoying all their other key players

...then the fact that they have being paying him before, should mean it did not matter then so why should it matter now!!!

The only thing that I can see that would make them want recind his loan agreement, is if someone has recently divulged the cost of his wages.

For me, Drinkwater and James were both either indispensable to the club or one step below it in our Championship-winning year. They were both great, hard to say who was better. Maybe James shaded it. Anyway I’m glad Matty is playing football on the regular again. Let’s see it leads for him. 

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

How long is his contract with us, he hasn't been a fully active member of the squad since 14/15 season and since then he has only made 18 appearances 5/6 seasons! 

Get he's a nice guy and he's perhaps done a lot for the club but have we seriously been paying this guy 18k a week when he's not been out on loan to sit on a physios table? 

I'm a nice guy! I'll settle for £5k a week

Still has 18 months left on his current deal

Can anybody remember a very good Matty James pass or a very good Matty James goal? Drinkwater obviously played a lot more games for us but without hesitation you can recall some superb Drinkwater moments 

Just now, Stadt said:

Can anybody remember a very good Matty James pass or a very good Matty James goal? Drinkwater obviously played a lot more games for us but without hesitation you can recall some superb Drinkwater moments 

They were two different sorts of players. James did the ugly side of the game very effectively while Drinkwater was more about the passing range and technical ability.

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...then the fact that they have being paying him before, should mean it did not matter then so why should it matter now!!!

The only thing that I can see that would make them want recind his loan agreement, is if someone has recently divulged the cost of his wages.

His loan agreement wasn't rescinded, he was only on loan to them until now

Barnsley were probably paying about £10k a week, which is probably about the highest they pay their players, it would be financially irresponsible of them in the current environment to then start paying way above what they can afford

Edited by moore_94